The Final Stretch Begins

Dear exiles,

We are now in the final stretch of our Early Access journey, which began back in January of 2017. It’s been quite the year for us here at Funcom and we’re incredibly proud of the work that’s been done. We are also thankful to you, our community, for sticking with us through the highs and lows, and helping us make Conan Exiles an excellent survival game by providing us with necessary and helpful feedback and bug reports.

After weeks of Testlive updates and trials we have updated the live PC and Xbox One versions of the game. We’ve added a lot of new content since December and we want players to test it out, provide us with feedback, and send us bug reports. Now that we’re in the final stretch we are focusing exclusively on stability, performance and optimization. To make sure we fix the most important bugs first we need a broader sample set than what the Testlive branch can provide. This means that the version(s) you’ll be playing on until launch may be less stable than what you are used to. However, keep in mind that we get an automatic crash report with details whenever the game crashes. These reports as classified and grouped together so we can see which crashes occur the most and prioritize accordingly.

As you can see from the image above, a relatively few number of crashes are responsible for a big majority of the total crashes. The first five in this chart should all be fixed in the new live version.

Our primary source of feedback will be the new official forums, but we will also collect some feedback and bug reports from our subreddit, Facebook and Twitter, and the unofficial fan Discord.

We also want to remind players that the official servers will be wiped for launch. That means we’ll be deleting everything and starting them up fresh, with clean databases. We’re doing this to make sure all players, both new and returning, start on an equal footing. This will also help us clear out any lingering bugs and errors from the server databases.

So what's new?

Since December we've added hundreds of new weapons and armor pieces and we've changed how you unlock these as you progress. There's more information in this blog post. Armor pieces also give you bonuses to your Attributes, giving you more options when building a character to fit your style of gameplay. You can also unlock special Legendary Armor (see blog post linked to above) and find Legendary Weapons out in the Exiled Lands.

There are new building pieces, further expanding the building system and letting players be more creative when creating their fortresses and castles. Once the Swamp biome rolls out you’ll even be able to build in and around tall trees!

If PvE is your thing we’ve added more dungeons to the world and special World Bosses, bigger and stronger versions of regular enemies that will give players a significant challenge. Do you have what it takes to take down these giants?

New features have been added since November. Players can now fast travel to specific points in the world via a buildable item we call the Map Room. The recipe for the Map Room can be found out in the Exiled Lands, hidden away among the ruins of the past. We’ve revamped the entire combat system from the ground up, making it more tactical and brutal. Each weapon feels distinct and have their own strengths and weaknesses. Farming has been added, letting players grow crops that they can then use in crafting.

Finally, we added The Purge, closing the PvE loop for players. When a Purge begins, enemy NPCs will spawn in to attack your base and destroy your stuff. It’s up to you to fight with all your might to defeat these attackers and force them back from your territory. Keep an eye on the Purge meter in your character screen so you know when the next Purge might strike.

The only thing not in these build(s) are the new Swamp and Volcano biomes. They are still being polished for launch, so we can make sure everything in those areas run as smoothly as possible. Don’t worry, it will be worth the wait, and there’s more than enough content to keep you occupied.

Please enjoy this new update to Conan Exiles and all the content and changes we’ve added. Remember to provide us with as much feedback as you can.

Your cross awaits, exiles

6 Likes

For those of us running private servers on testlive, should we revert to the live build? Or will we be testing features/fixes before they go live as before?

1 Like

Hey, is this the news letter for this week or should we expect something else ?

Good question, as I am myself still playing on an unnofficial pve server, which hasnt wiped and does now have same patch version than live build.

More changes coming to testlive?

I have asked this question in a couple of places…

So I will rephrase, again, here, in hopes of getting a clear answer. We are running a private TestLive version of the game. When it comes time to roll out the game on the 8th, will we move as is, over to the new live release ( not testLive) or will we have to restart?.. Yes I know it is admins choice to wipe or not, that isnot he question… can we just roll over into the live game from the testlive version… someone else said both are the same, but thay arenot, or why do we need special clients to play the testlive…

thanx…

It’s up to you, really. We will continue to use Testlive servers to test out bugfixes, optimizations and new content for future patches.

This could be considered this week’s newsletter.

See above :slight_smile:

All Testlive is is a separate branch on Steam. It’s a way for us to roll out some more experimental fixes and updates without necessarily compromising things on the main live branch of the game. You can roll over to the live branch on your server right now if you want to. That was always an option. The database will remain the same.

We will most likely continue to use Testlive after launch, but we do recommend running a server on the live branch as that will be the most stable.

3 Likes

No no roll over from Testlive, but roll over from Live, which has actually the same built. Testlive will stay after the release I think as as test platform. You should install the live version before release. This will be anyway the more stable version then.

Thank you for the answer

I just want to say besides one bug that angers me greatly, I had a blast last night running around murdering things and killing some random boss creatures I came across. Really was a lot of fun. Excellent job guys, keep up the hard work!

1 Like

Oh, agreed. On Testlive and on Live prior to my weapon getting bugged, I fell in love with the Two Handed Sword. The swing, the feel, it’s all beautiful! I soloed a mammoth whilst naked and overencumbered - and prior to this I had trouble soloing them in armor. It’s going to be my weapon of choice from now on.

:heart:Zweihander!!!

3 Likes

There may be bugs and balance changes needed (archery needs a buff) but overall the game is a blast! You guys did a really great job with creating such an expansive game.

We’re all hoping to see continued work on the game post-launch and afterwards.

Well done!

1 Like

With this update we are launching purge version 1. This version is missing a balancing pass and also a couple of key features. With iteration 2 we will make the purges more difficult, and we may also add new purge types with other combinations of NPCs. We’re doing this in order to get as much feedback and testing on the Purge as possible.

When does purge iteration 2 appear?

1 Like

Probably either in a week, or whenever they’re done fixing everything that broke this patch.

Yeah my guess is pretty quick! Launch is not far off so if they want feedback things will really roll fast now.

Did you oversee black hand armor for that? Because that got no stats right now.

I got a challenge for you! Get yourself with lvl 6 to some croc boss and kill it while wearing fiber armor and using stone daggers. Bedrolls are just fine. Have fun! :slight_smile:
(Spoiler: It is doable!)

Any plans to have the number of daily purges being set to the number of players which have been online the day before? As official servers might hold like 150+ players each day.
Just like Testlive EU 2 did.
https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/2018737
17th of april, 179 players in total, 89 new players.
24 purges each day seem a little low there. (~14% chance/risk of getting hit by purge.) I think player counts for official servers might be the same on launch. :slight_smile:

For my private server on gameservers.com, i will load the default configuration file and then tweek it for server name and password. not a complete wipe.

Build a perimeter wall to keep the Gator at bay…some archers on the wall would help as well.

If you are on single player just turn on Admin and give yourself more feat points. If you play on dedicated private servers look for one with a mod that gives higher level caps.

If you are on public FUNCOM servers then you are likely out of luck. My guess is the answer would be to find a friend that has unlocked animal trophies and have them make the trophies for you. Its part of the multiplayer aspect of this game to trade/share/work together.

Just a few options to think about. Hope this helps.

I didnt read your post but if you’re built where a boss spawns , MOVE . build layers dude, use archers as anti climbers, The problems with thralls is they run to the bomb and die through walls. Build hundreds of layers of doors and walls to get to your loot room. only way

I know what you’re talking about too.
I use to have some sweet spots to build at …
I don’t think the world bosses would take to kindly to me moving in.

1 Like

i also suffered from a giant croc eviction when added lol it sucked.

1 Like