What happened to the game?

Game mode: [Online Private]
Type of issue: [Misc]
Server type: [PvP]
Region: [US]

So, me and some friends recently rented a server to revisit this game. We had played it some months back and enjoyed it, but stopped playing when we hit the level cap without having done a good portion of the stuff available. It took me until fairly recently to fully notice the differences between now and then but I wanted to know essentially if some patch in the past made these changes or if it’s the server. My main gripes are that tamed animals are massively over powered for pve. All you have to do is put a puppy in a box with the right kind of meat and you have a 20% chance of getting a 8000 hp monster. Thralls seem to be the same way, we’ve only domesticated one fighter so i could be wrong, but i don’t remember lvl 4 thralls having nearly 3000 health! (It’s worth mentioning that we’re on a slightly modified version of barbaric difficulty.) Another huge gripe I have is that the level III blacksmith is suddenly capable of crafting ANY weapon in exceptional quality. Not only does this negate the need to learn any of the weapons, but is a major buzz kill for me knowing that you could theoretically make the best craft-able weapons at any level. Aside from feedback I was hoping someone could either point me to the patch responsible so I know i’m not insane, or show me the server setting(s) that could remedy these issues.

1.Break a level III blacksmith
2.Put on bench

1 Like

Changes have occurred over multiple patches … look through the pc patch archives especially the one from 2 March

Re: blacksmith III - might be a bug not sure … I can’t remember it being specifically changed.
@Ignasi is it intended that blacksmith III can make all exceptional weapons even if we don’t know it

Thanks for the reply, and I should probably add that when looking at the forge’s inventory it shows all the different blueprints above the ones i actually know in a separate tab like it should (as far as i know). Any BP in that tab that don’t have learned is grayed out as if it wasn’t craft-able but is created all the same when clicked. It makes sense that this is a glitch and I desperately hope it is, because it’s preeeeeetty OP.

Hey there,

Not intended. We’ve send word to our team.
Thanks for your feedback.

I noticed this with Njoror Battlehorn, too. He could craft a set of Flawless Heavy Vanir for me eventhough I never learned the feat.

Heh get yourself a named bearer, almost 10k hp, lol

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.