No doubt the whole team of developers at FUNCOM is work really hard. I like to know that they are working in priority on the core mechanics before content.
I am always filled with enthusiasm that an upcoming update would address most of my issues and wishes. Meanwhile I understand that there is a lot to be done to develop and maintain such an ambitious game and that a step forward is taken every time.
As a foremost consideration, I think the appreciation of the game lies on a community-based perspective so if you are a loner, there isn’t much for you. This is why I eventually lost interest in playing this title (I wish I haven’t) and I think there is a gap to fill here.
It isn’t a secret to anyone that the story is vague and not really engaging. The lifetime of the excitement when you play solo is considerable but limited.
To capture and/or retain customers of my type, much more emphasis needs to be put into the edition/simulation (admin mode) experience. Essentially I wish to build a space, add NPC’s and see it come to life. The latter is deficient. I wish there was more interaction between owned NPC’s. Currently it’s like if time was frozen, like if the sole finality of the game was to fight.
In my view, enhancing the experience of building a simulated community should be the pole of development for the single player experience.
Despite the topic being “suggestions” I also included bugs along with my wishes as the whole constitutes the sum of considerations that I’d like FUNCOM to take into account.
All of my input are based on the PS4 experience.
Persistent issues in Multiplayer Mode
- Minimal placement distance between thralls is too far, solo mode ok;
- Buildings disappeared at relaunch, perhaps too close to invalid locations (Sept. 2018);
Persistent issues in Solo Mode
- Removed clothes would reappear on the majority of thralls at relaunch;
- Admin mode: “ Fly mode” doesn’t work (works if you rent a server);
- Admin mode: “Show state” doesn’t work;
- Admin mode: level beyond 60 crashes the game at launch (my interpretation from a systematic crash when loading a game);
- Admin mode: “passive stance” for thralls doesn’t work (would like immobility);
Core Mechanics and UI - Wishes
- Option to select and activate civilian animations for thrall (easy way: use existing ones from the Relic Hunter City);
- Recreate our character without restarting the campaign;
- Wheel of pain animation to display the actual thralls, or (even better) ability to choose which ones would show;
- Admin mode: to preview thrall to be spawned when browsing;
- Admin mode: to create custom thralls through a character creation engine;
- Admin mode: to sort the items and NPC’s to spawn in various ways such as alphabetical; default; new; etc.;
- Select the type of dance for entertainers;
Accounts - Wishes
- Enable purchased DLC’s to work in other regions: I have a UK game on a NA account and my purchased DLCs are inaccessible in the game, while showing “purchased” in PS Store (just tried again and lost my $);
Content - Wishes
- More building shapes (not variations on the same shapes);
- Affect thralls to farming & gardening;
- A lot have been proposed on this forum already (hair; shapes; fountains; etc.);