What's Next for Saga of Blood?

Top 10 is ofc the casters class, range dps are dominated to get the most kills obvious…
Maybe separate melee and caster top ten/five lists?

What about the elephant in the room:
Obvious alt farming?

Just browsing the leaderboards show some names that are 100% alt farming, will they be rewarded for that?
How will you deal with those people, does the community have to report them, or will a GM identify them and take a look at them when they are online?

I mean, the rules forbid alt farming, but how will you deal with it?

Okay, can you elaborate on what you think is more “fair” in terms of rewards? And what would you like to see instead of Leaderboard top 10? Help me help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think top points (flag carries) in minis would have been an interesting leaderboard stat. Then maybe more people would actually try to play for that. Heals have been mentioned before, but that is an easy thing to play the parse without really showing good healers. Tournament mode or some type of group event. Maybe even seiges if you just assigned a Bk to a guild to defend, and had another to attack. Like a tournament mode seiges without the requirement of actually building it.

1 Like

I should also add that we’re not planning on dumping leaderboards once Saga of Blood is over, so we could theoretically run other things on Crom/Fury/Future Sagas using the leaderboard tech. So any ideas on what you’d like to see are appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi AndyB!

I think if you’d like to do something for group PvP, it does not have to be high-tech. Simply make a post on the forums saying “hey, if you’d like to do some group pvp, post in this funcom-created thread with your team and what times you’re available to play”. Then, just draw up some brackets.

The teams then play each other and submit screenshots (for example, in a best of 3 minigames between the groups, each team will submit all 3 screenshots or forfeit.)

There don’t have to be huge rewards, or a huge amount of tech put into it. Just encouraging group pvp (which is where this game REALLY shines) would be a great step forward.

Maybe just having a weekly bracket for teams would be enough.

If you would like to discuss ideas, please send me a private message. I would love to help you guys out with ideas to encourage group pvp.

2 Likes

I would like to see Leaderboard listings for Achievements. Not just most points earned, but how many people achieved each and who have done some of the less common ones.

2 Likes

Cool thanks, I’ll send you a DM tomorrow morning when I’m back in.

Leadership board milestones for titles and vanity would be great too:)

I’d like to see a way of implementing experience brackets.

People with less experience should be able to sign a tier where they don’t get creamed, camped, made fun of and abused.

I tried to establish something like this and it met with accusations. Perhaps if funcom can organize brackets and ladders with some fun box like reward it would help improve the mini experience for both pros and noobs.

Perhaps an instanced PvP event setting as well where those of lesser experience could gain PvP advancement without being shutout.

1 Like

When saga and fury merge, my guild, -Vendetta- would be happy to make premades and balance the groups with lesser experiences people or make sure our classes dont counter yours.

On saga we are just not that active coz of the p2w issue.

Hah bad excuse

It dosent matter what comes next anymore IMO. Saga is a ghosttown now that should have been shut down for weeks. Chances to motivate new ppl to stay on fury would have been intact while lots of ppl played, and Saga was hyped. Now switching from one ghost town to to another motivates the few ppl that play(ed) it anyway. Barely enough ppl to fill JS now anymore… FC has no sense when a party is over…

1 Like

Yes good point. I dont get why they keep saga open for so long…

I would expect Saga to be shut down early January, after the holiday season.

SAGA is up for new players the catch up on AAs and gear so they don’t get creamed on fury.

P2w is an idea to make money and bring more people to the table.

Additionally you can’t have the final duels until people are caught up on gear and AAs

We can still make the fights even. We just bring fewer people, or no healers.

We can manage to make the fights fair. I guess we all want challenging and fair fights, it’s a game, so we must enjoy it or do something else :stuck_out_tongue:

Saga would’ve been a great opportunity to release legendary pvp rings as an alternative to the op rf rings.

1 Like

It looks like the Saga of Blood ends on February 28th. The new vanity cloak is set to expire from Claims after 48 days from today (January 11th).

and only 1 available per account it seems, so if saga end before 28th feb we are able to claim it for another toon of the account
but I already claimed it on saga one so no more options for me lol