What's your favorite post-launch content addition?

Greetings Exiles, and welcome once again to our Question of the Week!

You might have noticed a little something happening in our Testlive branch of the game, where we’ve released a sneak-peek of our next content update including a little something called mounts. It’s been one of the most requested features to be added into the game since the early access days and it’s (almost) finally here, along with another oft-requested mechanic: being able to level up your followers.
But since the game’s official launch, now almost one year and 9 months ago, we’ve continued to add new content and features into the game, evolving how you tackle the adventures the Exiled lands have for you. Crom! We even added more adventures to be had in those lands!
With that being said, we thought this would be a good moment for you to let us know which one of these new post-launch features you like the most!

What’s your favorite post-launch content addition?

• Pets.
  • New Religion: Jhebbal Sag (and the Midnight Grove)
  • New Dungeons (tell us which one is your favorite!)
  • New Equipment (i.e. new armor sets, weapons, recipes…)
  • Unnamed City + NPC Capital Revamps.
  • Building Optimizations.
  • Combat re-balancing and revamp (WIP!)
  • Battle Standards.
  • Follower Leveling System.
  • Mounts.
  • Other (let us know in the comments!)

0 voters

You can vote up to three choices but, as usual, you won´t be able to see the results until you’ve sent your vote!
Like in previous polls, we’re interested in knowing why you selected your favorite and why other options didn’t make the cut, so please let us know down below all the ins and outs of your decision!
And if you’re still on the fence about the two new features in this list coming soon (and some extra combat overhauls such as the trebuchet and dodging rework) into the game, get ready to give them a try once they’re out on all platforms!

12 Likes

I voted for mounts and new equipment. I haven’t gotten the mounts yet, but I know I will like it.

I’m a player who likes exploring and building more than fighting and dungeon delving. So, getting the DLCs is really fun to me. And I think mounts will help with exploring.

2 Likes

The Follower Leveling System is the best content. :trophy:
Catching and training new followers ( :racehorse: :women_wrestling: :tiger2: :woman_cartwheeling: :dromedary_camel: :man_dancing: :elephant: :man_cook: :scorpion: :person_fencing: :crocodile: ) will ensure another hundreds :100: hours of fun. :star_struck:

2 Likes

UC for sure, brought so many hours off fun farming and failing. Would love to get more drops from there or something similare another place on the map. As for dungeons go, warmaker is a clear winner. So much usefull items and farming to do there.

That was added before launch (i.e. during early access), they’re specifically asking what we like best since after the game had its public release.

For me I’d say the changes to UC and revamping of the NPC capitals has provided the most enjoyment, I’d love to see Xel-ha get a similar treatment.

I also voted for the dungeons. The spooky atmosphere in Midnight Grove, the traps in the Inner Sanctum of Warmaker’s, and the sheer vastness of the Wine Cellar make those my favorites. Additionally, it seems like each new dungeon has more potential for replayability than the one before which is definitely a positive trend. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Map Expansion to the Northeast.

Domestic New Pets: Sand Beast, Demon Bat and SNAKES.

Temporary transmutation potions, we can take other forms.

2 Likes

The Unnamed City update really hit it out of the park for me. Anything which makes the map/world more immersive and exciting, and drives the already outstanding atmosphere is a welcomed addition. I accidentally voted with building optimisations selected for my second, but intended to choose New Religion. I would love to have at least one more before all is said and done, it just never gets old for me. Finally I choose ‘Other’, QoL improvements were such unsung heros in this regard, and the surprise winner for me. Especially ones such as bigger stack sizes (especially for crafting stations), fill flask at Firebowl Cauldron, being able to swim while towing Thralls, and replacing existing wall pieces without demolishing it first.

11 Likes

Khitan DLC. Was a lot of new building parts and placeables here. Cool looking weapons and armor.
Frozen Biome is very immersive i like it and the real weather effects ( storms,rain etc )

Voted for: Jhebbal Sag, Unnamed City, Battle Standards.

First of all, I didn’t vote for building optimizations, even though it would normally be at the top of my list, because the title says “content addition” and I consider building optimizations to be a purely technical change. A totally awesome technical change, to be sure, but I don’t see it bringing new content :wink:

Midnight Grove used to be my favorite dungeon until that recent change, the one that made the passages close as soon as you die. It was a well-designed challenge and fun both for solo players and groups. The respec potions were a long-awaited and very welcome addition. And the fact that you can’t get the Jhebbal Sag religion just by talking to some NPC is absolutely brilliant. I would love to see all the other religions treated like that: pass a challenge to get the religion.

Unnamed City revamp was another brilliant change. The new bosses are fun – some more than others – and their loot ranges from fun-and-quirky to indispensable. But the Esoteric Library is the crowning jewel of the revamp! There are so many awesome recipes in it and we didn’t even have to buy a DLC to get them :wink: One other thing I get a kick out of is knowing the fragment chest spawn points. It really encourages exploration. I just wish it didn’t take a server reboot to respawn them :stuck_out_tongue:

The last item on my list is the introduction of the battle standards. It makes me really happy to be able to build an arena that can be used at any time on a PVE(-C) server. Now if we could get some decorative thralls and a way to turn thralls into vendors (w/o mods) or maybe a way to unlock certain containers for everyone… :wink: I don’t mind building purely decorative builds, but it’s even better if I can make them fully functional :smiley:

As for the things that didn’t make it in my top three, there are a few that I feel I should comment on. Follower leveling and mounts are on TestLive only, so it kinda seems to skew things to include them here. Pets are nice, but they’re mostly decorative and the new follower cap might as well replace all pets with dodos :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I voted Unnamed City + Capitals, New Equipment, New Dungeons

All the ones I voted for are just amazing along with all other reasons previous posts entail.

I wish I could have voted for more!

Close seconds to my voted choices are:

• Follower Leveling System
  • Pets
  • Mounts
  • Battle Standards
  • Jhebbal Sag

Building optimizations are an absolutely wonderful and ongoing (hopefully) change but I do not consider it a content addition. BUT ITS FACKING AWESOME!

Combat re-balancing is a bit tough to decide. Firstly I also don’t consider it NEW content rather than improving existing content. Most of it I have had no issue with and welcomed the change but the new dodge rolls are too soon for me to give honest feedback. I like the added difficulty but that statement might bite me later on. And the most important part of that choice is the (WIP!).

:metal::smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Building Optimizations - I’m a builder, so anything that makes building easier, prettier and more effective is a plus from me. The only change that was negative in this was the one made to the beams and making them purely decorative. If you tell an Architect or Engineer that they couldn’t use diagonal beams or vertical beans attached to walls ( or in the same line than a wall) to distribute weight and improve stability on your buildings, they would laugh in your face and say you’re insane. Some of the world’s best known buildings are due to feats like that, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, you name it. Hope you rethink about this or find a better solution.

Mounts - Horses are amazing. There is nothing else to say about this.

New Religion - even though Jhebbal Sag is not my favourite by far, I chose this cause religions need more love, be it by new content, lore additions, new religions or a complete overall, they desperately need it!! They should be end game goals and they are not.

9 Likes

Oooh, yeah, buttresses would be fine. But first, can we pretty please get vaulted ceilings and arches for Aquilonian architecture? Right now, the arena vaulted ceilings work quite well with Turanian builds, but if you try to combine them with Aquilonian builds, the result is downright fugly.

4 Likes

I only bought season2 pass, because of the arena building pieces…

Although something is missing…
With this piece: https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Arena_Vaulted_Ceiling_Inverted_Corner_(single)
You can make 2 foundation width entrance. But only 1 high, as there is no piece for “corner/edges” to make it look good.

I would probably go with single vaulted ceiling instead of an inverted vaulted ceiling corner. Raise it to the proper height by attaching it to a wall. I can’t show any examples right now, because I’m at work.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be a kinda workaround for that… Can give it a try later :wink: Thx

Other

In a non-rude tone
I don’t have a Fave, you havn’t added anything I wanted-requested.

Everything added, has been…
thumbs-up
stares silently back at ya
goes back to playing game

Enjoyed it, its kept me playing. But nothing I’ve asked for.
Now…I did sorta ask for caves (dungeons) and Jens said you guys/gals would do that. But you didn’t. Well…not in manner I asked. XD
You made abunch of Load Screen locations, which was different from adding caves to North in Snow etc. Or filling in some of small ones to be better.

You’ve gone back and added some stuff. (azuras in one cave we use build in) (where i got my shrooms and picked on poor croc in there) Hanu got a high level npc in lowbie area… weird.

Neat…at same time, one of 1st locations I ever found, and the whole swim under part blew my mind.

Again, I say that all with a smile. Don’t mean any of it in negative way. Sera never gets what she wants rule is always in effect. =p

I went with new weapons.
When the katana came out I was in heaven, then the ninjatō (忍者刀), which FUcoms calls something else.
Now Im on a private server has dual wakizashi. Which is the best 2H weapon Ive found.
Sure wish we had it in official. They hang off your back like the Ninia Turtles, what is cooler than that.

I chose other: naming thralls and the Yamatai DLC. Now I just want top start a Yamatai character and actually run into other Yamatai, and Khitan, NPCs.

Voted for Building Optimizations. It’s not the sexiest choice, and it’s easy to kinda forget it’s there, but for someone who loves building (and there’s a lot of us who do!) it really makes a difference.

3 Likes