When Does Anyone Think We'll See An Update To The Wiki?

I was just on the Wiki page for CE, and its last update was in June of last year. Anybody think that maybe they gave up on it? I’d like to see the new recipes and where to find and how to make all the different tables and things.

Some info is pulled via a script from the devkit (or at least it was last I checked) but everything else is maintained by the players and there are very few people actually helping with that. I do edits from time to time but at this point I stopped editing (just updated “my” potion page). With the changes we get every week, we have to re-do everything all over again which is a waste of time in my book. Once the game build stabilizes, you may see improvement on the wiki as well.

If you want to help maintaining it, you can join the CE discord where @Jim1 and/or @TheLOLxd2 can guide you through the process.

9 Likes

The wiki is community driven , so I beleive it takes more time for the nice people behind it to update it .

I think you can register and start adding content to it fairly quickly if you decide so :wink:

anyway It’s also hard with the tons of new things sitpah has added for them to keep up to speed !

3 Likes

An announcement of the new changes and additions to the wiki will be out early this week. Lots of work, but fun for me since several of us learned about new tools to avoid begging for help.

It still takes time and coordination, especially with a magnitude of this change and volunteers would make it go faster.

My personal thanks to @Narelle for the beta posts and the help here, I learned many things. /bow

Eagerly awaiting 2.3 since my area of interest is thralls, among others, but the ingame improvements are (while controversial) excellent from my perspective.

Regards

jim

7 Likes

Individual updates are not shown on many pages (aka there is no notification that it changed), every day there are bunch of changes made. That being said we can always use more contributors of course.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s just that there’s been a ton of changes coming at us all at once, so it’s going to take time for the contributors to get it updated. Especially on things that are still being adjusted in every patch.

It’s all volunteer work too, so it’s not like there’s somebody sitting around all day waiting to update it minutes after any change is made to the game.

2 Likes

wiki? or Wikia? One is updated pretty often… and normal wiki is… ghost town. XD

I haven’t been keeping up with news on the game lately. I’ve just been tending my gardens, aka bases & outposts. Coming back to the forum because of all the radical changes that occurred a couple of weeks ago. Just curious what the overview for 2.3 might be? Should I be worried about Thrall Apocalypse incoming?

1 Like

IIRC, a statement or livestream said 2.3 was going to be about balance (read: PvP), but then, I’m old and could be wrong. So much to do with catching up to 2.1 that my forum presence has suffered.

Anyone reading this, feel free to correct me :slight_smile:

I would suspect that would hit on thralls, but not massively.

Regards

jim

1 Like

I think 2.2 will be the PvP balance update iirc… And 2.3 was what they referred to as “New Land” :eyes:

Can I just say to everyone doing the wiki, you guys are absolutely awesome…especially with the 2.1 update. It was really fast. I appreciate it so much and I am sure everyone playing Conan does!

Thanks so much wiki team!!!
:metal: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Thanks, Necro ! I sit both corrected and shivering that the thralls may have updates sooner than we planned.

We volunteer to help people find the correct information in the least possible time. Suggestions are welcome; volunteering is encouraged (quite rewarding).

Regards

jim

1 Like

Update released, please see

Regards

jim

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.