CE is the best game I have played lately and it is certainly the best survival game currently.
I think CE could last for years if content was added regulary.
But today, I find that the shelf-life of the game is too short, especially in PVE. The progression to level 60 is, perhaps, a bit too fast and the game is short of content once the max level is reached (not enough dungeons or events).
I know that the developers are mobilized to fix the game but it seems that this is done to the detriment of the content and evolution of the game. Maybe Funcom could communicate on the future of the game and future extensions? new dungeons, new biome, sorcery, mounts, new DLC,…?
I also think that you have to add content to current elements of the game:
- the dungeons are too easy and too short (to the excpetion of Jhebbal Sag). Why not add new rooms to current dungeons and add “mini bosses” and treasures ?
- some elements of the game were a source of frustration for me, no secret door to open at the end of the tomb of Gallaman, no dungeon behind the magical portal of the Bat’s Tower, no secret dungeon at Klael’s stronghold,
- not enough armor and weapons, especially at intermediate level,
- The game also lacks placeables to diversify its contructions,
- new workstation could be added, jewelry making (magic?), weaving, miller and bakery oven (use the forge for bread is not very funny), livestock farming (chickens, sheeps),
- have weapons and bronze tools before having iron tools and iron weapons (there might be copper spots in the starting area of the game and tin in the caves),
- allow players to capture merchants,
- add quest that allow to find equipment or new recipes,
- add the ability to create a chat channel for a group of players (even if they are not from the same clan, useful in a dungeon).
Sorry if my topic is long. I hope it will be read.