Game mode: [Online]
Region: [N America Official #3731]]
It seems at least since the emergency patch to fix the PS4 connectivity issue (thank you Funcom - my bases survived) I’ve been noticing a distinct ABSENCE of most baby animals while playing PvE on #3731. Specifically the sabretooth cubs that used to spawn regularly on the east side of the giant statue SW of the Temple of Frosty Bits and along the frozen lake further south. I’ve had a major base in the same spot for about 6 months and used to see sabretooth kittens wandering around regularly (every time I was farming star meteorites or training a thrall).
Recently I heard another player speak highly of his level 20 Greater Bear, so I thought I’d level up a Greater Sabretooth as my personal chainsaw. But now that I’m actively looking for various critter babies they seem to have vanished.
To check on this before posting (yes, I searched the forum topics) I visited my middle base just SW of New Asagarth in a box canyon, right beside a cave that always contains a mini boss frost wolf & a frost wolf cub. There was ONE wolf cub at the cave which I snagged but usually I’d see about 3 various wolf cubs at that area.
- Has there been an official reduction in the spawn rates for various animal babies in the recent patches? I read through all the patch notes & don’t recall anything about this being official, but I could’ve missed or forgotten. I’m seeing less foals as well it seems in my usual meanderings.
- Have the spawn locations for various pets been shuffled about? Please give me hints, I have no shame…
- Are the game resource maps like Snowhawk Clan updated with more current, reliable information?
Steps on how to reproduce issue:
- Wander about in game areas you’ve frequented for months where you often saw various beast babies.
- NOTE: I have NOT built any new structures or at least not one square closer to these usual spawn areas.
- Realize you cannot find the babies you would now dearly love to rescue from their horrid & brutal wild existence.
- Wonder what to do with the sea can full of T-shirts I printed that said “So Proud, Sabretooth Dad - How’d you like to Lacerate?”