PS4 Patch (19.05.2020) - Follower, texture and stability fixes

Greetings Exiles,

We’re releasing a new patch aiming to resolve some of the most reported issues after our newest update. We’re mainly focusing on server and AI problems that appeared after the release of Followers II, but we’ve bundled in a few exploit fixes, as well as a solution for most of the texture issues some building pieces showed after the update.

Thanks once again for your ongoing support, and stay safe.

notes
performance

• Fixed an issue which would cause increased CPU utilization.
  • Fixed an out of memory issue on dedicated servers.
  • Addressed a number of server crashes.

exploits

• Increased security measures against server flooding.
  • Fixed an exploit that would cause a server to crash under specific circumstances.

ai

• Fixed an issue where followers would refuse to attack under specific circumstances.
  • Thralls would randomly enter a space-time continuum paradox upon teleporting which would render them unable to move when commanded. We fixed this with science.
  • Fixed an issue where followers would die of falling damage
  • Adjusted collision on horses and rhinos to avoid them bumping the player when on follow. We’re working on a better solution for these and other pets.

general

• Fixed some issues with building textures.

animation

• Fixed a LOD issue that would cause NPCs and wildlife to move “choppy” at lower distances than intended.
14 Likes

Does this apply to my most-recent post Sepermeru at night too?

What about followers healthbar?

4 Likes

I doubt… Because that thing is sooo long in the game. What I dont understand is: You like it. Why post it as a bug then? o_O

And what about follower distance? Thrall and horse still in my back?

1 Like

Would be nice

1 Like

Yeah having the horse follow now is brilliant, but it is irritating when he follows so close (maybe he know I have an apple in mu pocket?). I got trapped by my horse and was unable to get out from between a wall and the horse. Luckily the owners of the wall kindly removed the wall so I could get out. I must find a way to repay their kindness.

7 Likes

@Skorpeone has the update launched yet. Getting ready for work now. Can get my wife to update both ps4 s thanks

1 Like

Because I personally like it watching at nights does not mean it supposed to work like that.

2 Likes

Yeah it has. You can update now

Hopefully my horse will stop holding me down while the enemy has their way…
Also I lost a Snowhunter randomly yesterday (I’m assuming to fall damage) maybe that won’t happen again.

Still no followers healthbar…

Just updated. No fix for follower health bar :frowning: This should get some priority imho.

3 Likes

Yeah that was me. Lol You were proper Stuck. No need to repay was nice to see another face around. Pop round whenever you like maybe we could team up or something :blush: Stay Safe

2 Likes

Are you going to roll out another hotfix?
Cause i can’t find my fav priv servers again

Have been playing for about 2 hours on update follower health bar still not visible but I’m sure you guys are aware and still having thrall during random encounter keep pulling out his weapons then half swinging or not swinging at all. then immediately putting weapon away and he will rinse and repeat this action for a while then be fine then again with putting away weapon before attack.

3 Likes

What server are you on… I am looking for a new server to join…

Are they my imagination or are servers missing?

1 Like

There is also a bug but I think you guy have it for a reason (server performance?) but if you more than 30 meters from thrall they wont do damage just watched my level 15 thrall do three full heavy combos on a baby scorpion and nothing lol. then I got close and he one shot it.

2 Likes

Good afternoon, I am always having problems with Official Server #3054 PVE. The problem is, I get kicked out for no connection to server, then I try to connect back because I genuinely don’t have internet connection problem, I can not find it on the server list even after restarts.

Nothing new… If you are even farther away, they will even stop fighting. Reduces server cost.

But not making dmg, if you are a little bit offscreen was there since December 2019.