PC Hotfix (08.05.2020) - Performance and AI fixes

Greetings Exiles!

We’re releasing a hotfix that aims to address some of the performance issues observed during the deployment of our latest update, particularly the CPU usage spikes. We’re also including a couple of AI fixes for followers.

Thanks for your ongoing support. Stay safe!

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes
performance

• Fixed an issue which would cause increased CPU utilization.
  • Fixed an out of memory issue on dedicated servers.

exploits

• Increased security measures against server flooding.

ai

• Fixed an issue where followers would refuse to attack under specific circumstances.
  • Thralls would randomly enter a space-time continuum paradox upon teleporting which would render them unable to move when commanded. We fixed this with science.

16 Likes

Привет всем!
А лукам урон вернули?

1 Like

Nice, is there an ETA?

Thank you for this fix! Does this resolve either of the thrall arbitrary death issues? Specifically:

1. When teleporting, a thrall may clip through all structure below it and fall to its death
  2. Thralls appear injured after teleportation
1 Like

Love that.

4 Likes

can you fix the in game voip

Well done, science.

And, in a side note, your folks are doing great work, it is sincerely appreciated and people notice how awesome you are.

Deal with it.

5 Likes

Good stuff. Game feels much smoother since this patch I have to admit. I personally love the sticky menu no more accidental deletions with building.

HA HA HA!!! Nice.

I wasn’t noticing any of these issues before. The meters were spiking on the private server but wasn’t really noticeable in game. Yet, now that another annoying unnecessary hotfix has yet again been shoved out, more things are now broke as usual. I am falling through air while walking across regular floor and game crashes eventually telling me I need to verify integrity of files. This always happens with these Edit by Melcom hotfixes that are way too frequent. More mods listed on steam for this game are abandoned than there are available up to date ones because even modders have become fed up with the constant updates that fixes nothing and breaks so much more. Even without mods, having to do constant maintenance on my game after every annoying update/hotfix has become a headache to say the least. I abandoned this game for about a year and returned in hopes that things had changed. Some new content released that seems pretty cool, but the constant breaking updates/hotfixes are still the same. Two days ago I redownloaded the newest version of the game and since then, I have been pushed 2 updates/hotfixes. That’s one per day since I have returned to the game. Just stop! Stop! Let me play my game in peace or I will for good go elsewhere.
Btw, performance meters on the personal server hasn’t changed since the update. Still the same.

1 Like

Server seems a LOT more stable following the hotfix than after the initial update. Haven’t noticed any problems from the mods I’m running either.

Thanks for the quick turn-around!

3 Likes

Single Player - PvE - Europe
First of all: the “new” combats are great - phantastic animation of npcs and thralls. Fighting is no longer so “predictable”! If the life bars of my thralls are no longer visible so for me it´s just a new challenge - it´s getting [a little bit] harder to keep my thralls alive :wink:
Still unfixed: - the stuttering of npcs which are far away
Thanks for the first hotfix and the great new dlc…

1 Like

Server 1976 gone offline just now. It isn’t enough a broken client patch, servers gotta have problems too, right?

After this patch update my thrall Zrist of Blade is gone ! I play single player and not on any server. He was level 14 with Sword of Crom and God Breaker armor (no mod). He was guarding in front of the base so I know he was there. I restored previous saved games (game.db) and he still does not show up. Does anyone else have the same problem ? Man this really sucks

Thrall health bars are not showing up since the main update, I only recently started playing little under two weeks ago but this change to their health bars is frustrating/annoying me already.

Are all the NPC’s in Sepermeru suppose to be hostile now?

This is the 2nd day when i log off and attempt to get back on it won’t let me connect to the server? Im on ps4

Ignasis, a question for you if I may. When consoles recieve their Hotfix, will it include a fix for the Whitening of Building Pieces bug? Please, please say yes. :pray:

That generally happens when someone has been into Sep and stirred them up