White Block Issue when Choosing Emotes

Gametype: PC
Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: Europe

We seem to be having a white block issue when trying to emote. We see a white block, and the text that says None.

Once we click on the white block, then we have more white blocks, like 20 of them in a circle as if they were 20 different emote place holders, all with the text None.

I have two screenshots but the forum permissions are not allowing me to post links.

In my attempt to troubleshoot this, i have done the following:

a) Made a backup of the server and downloaded it just in case.
b) I have removed the addons, flushed the addons, restarted the server, and after logging in, this issue is still present.
c) I wiped the server, restored backup, after logging in, this issue is still present.
d) Joined a different server to see if my client is the issue, the issue is not present. which means that my client is ok.
e) Tried checking my game files (integrity), they are all in tact, tried connecting to gtx server again, this issue is still present.
f) Tried resetting the entire server, a fresh install, restored backup, and after logging in, this issue is still present.
g) Tried wiping the server, not doing a backup, a fresh start, this issue is not present. which means that it has something to do with the game files themselves and the backup.

I have searched on google, but cant seem to find anything about this error. which leads me to believe that something went wrong on this server with installation and removal of addons and that some code is still present in server/game files but which ones? If i can find this out, i can manually edit them to remove this issue.

We have spent time playing already and I would hate to loose our hard work and memories.

I hope that someone can share their experience or provide info on how to fix this.

Have you just deactivated the mods or do you have them removed?
I have rented a g-portal server. There I have the option just to deactivate mods.
But I had some problems with mods in the past, there I had to remove the mods from the server.

I’m sorry to say there are some mods that corrupt the game.db
so even if you remove the mod the damage is done.
nothing can fix the save.

I have been testing mods, I found the only way to do it is back up the game.db before you install the mod, then go back to that saved back up when you remove the mod.

I have my original game.db from my single player game in EA, I just go back to a pre-modded save after testing a mod.

I started doing this because of a private server I was on really got borked by a mod.

I discovered the same. I had to start fresh, such a shame. Thank you all for your inputs <3

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.