Why do human fighter/archer thralls level useless stats?

I’ve seen a lot of fighter thralls that heavily favor leveling up survival and agility. Why?

The system seems needlessly complicated and unintuitive. Shouldn’t the quality of the food increase the value of the desired stat increase per level?

So for example if I’m feeding my fighter gruel then maybe his stat increase next level is +2. If I’m feeding them shredded roast then its higher. If I’m feeding them steak its higher still.

1 Like

Depending on faction, thralls have a different emphasis on stats. There’s quite a lot of random factor involved, too, but generally speaking, you get higher chances to level Survival on Exiles and Darfari than e.g. Relic Hunters.

Also, Survival and Agility are hardly useless stats. Survival reduces the effect of damage-over-time effects, and Agility increases armor value. They may not be the stats you want to primarily level up, but raising them is still not useless.

1 Like

I like survival on animals, because if high enough, bleed and poison disappears almost immediately after getting hit.
And usually DoTs the ones that killed my animals…

2 Likes

:partying_face:

2 Likes

Its Jinx now…

Good Job… next update will limit thralls carry limit. =p

I’m more dissatisfied when I claim an archer, and the strength stat is higher base and has a higher growth chance. conversely, many fighters have excellent starting accuracy and accuracy growth compared to strength.

Seriously. What gives? :crazy_face:

1 Like

The entire random statistical growth system is… well, it’s clearly meant to encourage players to grind thralls and pets to optimize their stats. The randomness of both stat growth chance and the special abilities they get at 10/15/20 can make or break a thrall/pet. Combine that with how you have a random chance with pets to get Greater Variants from cubs… it’s definitely a roulette wheel.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.