Why is fence foundation stacking allowed?

why am i not surprised.

i had a base on bucaneer’s den that occupied 4~6 quadrants.
At the time there were no such rules. And it was a way we found to protect ourselves within the mechanics of the game.
The trebuchet reached about 180 foundations away … so we made a claim that reached around 200 foundations.
As the base was made on a totem (those on the edge of the map), it was vulnerable to trebuchet even with a bubble after the funcom update, so that was the exit we had.
Our underwater claim had around 3,000 ~ 5,000 vaults.
I understand that in this case it can be harmful to the game, but it is complicated when funcom has no rules and suddenly starts to have and wants to apply them in the same rigor to people who already had certain things, without any warning.
In this specific case I was not banned because of this base or claim, but I ended up being banned because of my PvE city that I did on A1 on an official PvP server. LoL

Look at this beauty =P

there’s a way to position building pieces by disabling the snap.
you can do a lot of crazy things that way.

It’s ok to expect things like exploits to be nerfed/fixed. :slight_smile:
Somewhere deep down, you know this is just an exploit that will be addressed sooner or later, hence the lack of surprise. :rofl:

Your video card unscrewed itself and left your PC in a hurry. It had enough of your abuse. :rofl:

Everytime one of us logged on the bucaneer’s base, the Server capped on 1020ms/1fps. This was abusive =P
I have a vídeo of this base. Someday i’m gonna post it as a memory.

Isn’t it gas arrows first, THEN explosive?

Not sure it matters which is first. Never thought about it. It’s so chaotic anyway when raiding.

“In video games , an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game’s designers.”

To sum it up for this particular case, using a game system, like building, to gain an advantage in a manner not intended by the game designer is an exploit. :slight_smile:

Funcom don’t consider this an exploit which they stated here:

However, I did read a post, that was removed so I can’t find it anymore, where a player claimed they got banned for foundation stacking. THey received this as a response from Zendesk after making a ban appeal. This was somewhere in february this year.

I was banned for this.
I received a zendesk response and posted it here. Maybe it was me…

1 Like

You can shot as many explosive as you want and only one gas arrow.
Depending on the distante between lhe explosives, the damage Will stack.
And it doens’t matter the order.
If you fire an explosive first and then a gas it will explode the same way as if you fire the gas first and then the explosive.

1 Like

it was because of a base in the Crevice.
we didn’t do any building specifically to lag the server, we didn’t have any massive claim around the base, but we claimed a long way underneath the bridge of the betrayer (we had a small claim compared to most of the alphas bases on every server I’ve played on).

This server specifically wasn’t laggy and i played with 30 fps inside our base.

Based on past experiences, i think funcom ban people based on the number of reports.
So if someone mass report as the enemy did in this case i’m showing, probably something will happen.

KEK.

“stacking fences”

“we don’t consider this as an exploit btw” think the official servers tos needs a massive update.

1 Like

I don’t understand how these things add up together:

The message you posted doesn’t say which base got you banned. It doesn’t even say which server, although that’s something you can figure out from the clan name if you have different clan names on different servers.

There are probably details that I’m missing that would tie everything together logically.

I dont mind this, not that hard to raid

i talked about different things.
the ban i posted funcom’s response was because of this crevice base.
i know what server was because of the time it happened and the clan name, but funcom doesn’t show evidences or anything like this. i asked them a lot of times, but they refuse to do so.

The bucaneer’s den base was another thing. it was a base i had on another server one year ago.

this answer that I posted is not edited. that’s exactly how I got it in the email.

1 Like

That explains it. Thank you.

1 Like

and @Kholdenn oh right!
I forgot that first, demon-fire orbs not only explode, but burn for a while. Thanks! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Btw i tested recently and demon was doing a huge damage, way more than explosive Arrow.
I’m going to try it again to comprove this.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.