Suggestion: Make fence foundation / ceiling stacking easier?

Everyone on pvp server (except newbies) knows that you have to stack fence foundations and ceilings to be able to defend yourself. The problem i have with it is that it’s so annoying to actually do this. If that’s part of the game for long time, why not make is easier so it’s not a chore to do? Plus new players would learn mechanics faster. The only downside of this i can think of that new players would be able to build better from start and people would have a bit harder time to raid them - which i think it’s good outcome.

What You think about that folks?

1 Like

Well… virtues and vices aside… I would file that under “the learning curve”.

1 Like

Yeah learning curve… The problem comes when you already know how to do it and have to go through it everytime, it’s so annoying, not fun, just chore. It feels like You deliberately need to exploit system to make it work.

1 Like

I believe that it would be awesome to build without bugs at all, not only this feature. Plus I would like things that wasn’t in purpose to be done then not to be done. I know stacking fences style, almost everybody does, but all this time the conversation points stacking as an exploit. So it would be nice building programing to not allow exploits, after this if something was able to be done not to be a players fault anymore.

2 Likes

That’s because that is exactly what is being done. Don’t get me wrong, stacking is ‘expected’ in the PvP community, right up until a player/clan feels you have done it too well, then it gets reported. That doesn’t mean I am proposing we eliminate stacking, I just think that it is an exploit anyway you look at it and don’t think it needs to be streamlined.

3 Likes

That’s why, I suggest they do something about, be able to stack them without trouble…
Disabling stacking is not an option as it’s only one reason you can build on non meta spots - without it you would have build only wedges honeycombt with all doors on whole base and only few meta spots would be viable.

This is exactly the pvp attitude that exists most in this game, especially in the official servers. Starting from minor issues like exploits and then to hacks. No fair play, no honor. This exact attitude is emptying the servers. A lvl 60 full epic and legendary will attack to a new Comer just because he can. A veteran of the game will use exploits and land claims to avoid an attack… Pathetic…
Enjoy your empty servers, nothing else

1 Like

it was not so far along that they demolished cros sectioned fence foudnations from game , so i guess ur proposal is not right… would make sense to not allow ceilings to be placed closer than 1 foundation/wall height and that fences should loose stability once the foundation they r attached to is broken… simple as that…

1 Like

Then like i said, it will make meta spots only spots to build which is not good idea I think. There’s huge map, imagine if most of spots would be useless, too easy to raid? Why not make it possible to stack fences / ceilings normally? How it could hurt game?

That’s nothing new, in pvp gameplay you always choose the best tools to be able to compete, the problem is how to make weapons / tools etc be balanced and not just 1 meta best thing - we want to have choice, same should apply to pve - not just one best weapon but many to choose with downsides and upsides…

Cheating is different thing, it should be taken care of.

i doubdt that ceiling or fence stacking was an intended behaviour of these pieces anyways, so instead of making an exploit easier, why not patch it completely?

3 Likes

Read what I wrote, cause it will make only meta spots viable? Imagine huge map with only few spots, rest just for newbies that will get raided with few bombs which takes few minutes to get.

i have read what u wrote… for the solution is not just make an exploit easier… should completely remove the option to reproduce the exploit… then greatly increase bomb cost and NEWLY placed building pieces hp…

i cannot understand the logic of everyone uses it , so why not make an exploit easier…

2 Likes

If You raise bomb cost you may need to increase cost of materials to build as it will unbalance things around which may be impossible to balance, not to mention only meta spots will be viable which is my biggest concern. Again I don’t understand what is downside of making possible to build 5 fences in one square or 4 ceilings?

1 Like

it is not intended… that is the only wrong

New players must have a safe zone and the right to have pvp amnesty for an amount of time. The way pvp is right now does not attract new players, it is not competitive, just lions and gazelles. Especially now that you cannot avoid a fight. You, the veteran pvp players, must protect and help the new players, teach them how to grow fast so you will have a fair and equal fight.

2 Likes

You can help few individuals but You can’t help many. Game should provide more information for them.

Maybe it was not intedned but always could happen do be when developers choose to… Many games take ideas from players and adapt to players style, impement something in game based on that, that’s not a valid argument.
I have given arguments why stacking should be part of game, you got none.

Ironically if stacking didn’t exist then builds would take up more space.
Ie stacking allows to condense footprint. So let’s say I stack 10 deep now. that is roughly 2 foundations wide. if it was “fixed” then I would just go 10 foundations out. So really stacking is better. Both cost the same, smaller foot print. And as of now stacking that deep is the only speed bump to slow offline raiding.

6 Likes

I really, really don’t want them to change the building system further.

The initial patch to fix the cross fencing killed off several building options that are only possible with mods now.

3 Likes