TestLive is pretty crashy - I can tell ya that much…
So far, exclusively for Sandstone (or all T1 parts?) it looks like:
- you can still place fence foundations internally between existing block foundations.
- you can still stack them vertically (instead of actual walls).
- you can only use them on top of block or wedge foundations if you use the 1/8 drop on the sides (at ground level) first.
- you can use them on all 4 (or 3) sides of block (or wedge) foundations.
- you can not use them on the second story (row) of block foundations without one at ground level too.
- removing the bottom one on a wall of fence foundation covered blocks will remove all of the fence foundations above it - as if it were a free standing wall of fence foundations.
The above testing was with Sandstone Fence Foundations.
Stormglass Fence Foundations can no longer be stacked in wall like formations at all. You get one at ground level only - in typical fashion. This s BAD! (bug?)
Interestingly, if you stagger them, you can build higher than ground level. (seems broken)
- Here’s a video of that… (I tried a new freebee video editor just for kicks and the crop didn’t work as I intended - but hey, whatever…)
For those wondering exactly how close you can now place fence foundations one from another, I was able to achieve this (but it looks like that’s all they’re giving us - and of course this may change as they continue to revise 2.8 prior to it’s “official” release):
@The7thCrest has demonstrated how fence foundations can be staggered but always at a minimum offset “W” as shown in the image - which others have said is 80% of one 256cm foundation block dimension. He correctly points out: “you cannot extend the offset foundations to make a complete line” so the result is basically parallel dotted (dashed) lines every 204.8cm (W) from each other.
You can read about his discoveries and concerns with much more detail in his post in the TestLive Discussion area.
Ceiling tile stacking also doesn’t seem to work. Although you can likely use pillars at arbitrary heights to get them a little closer than a full block from each other.
Tiling foundation blocks with ceiling tiles still seems to work OK (in this revision of 2.8). This is a good thing!
That’s all I got so far… I didn’t know how multi-fence foundation stacking worked previously (except from videos) so I used this video as a reference and none of those methods now work in 2.8 for me. In 2.7 however, I could achieve those exploits without any trouble. So, fixed… broken, but fixed.
If anyone would like to understand why people used these stacking methods in the first place (before they were disallowed) this YouTube video explains it fairly well. Although please remember that this is no longer allowed and using the techniques presented in that video now in your current game, will very likely result in your base being demolished and you being banned from access to public “official” servers.
As for HP:
- Sandstone foundation blocks are still 10K
- Sandstone fence foundations are still 9K
- Aquilonian (T3?) block foundations are still 100K
- Stormglass (T3?) fence foundations are still 90K