No because these people are on the server and the rest of us have to play with them. Those of us that play by intent of the rules get screwed over by those that rule monger and abuse the game so no I won’t give it a rest. It needs a solution
If you’re playing by the intent of the rules, then you cannot be screwed over. What you’re doing is trying to skirt as close to the rules as you can without getting hemmed up, then crying foul when you do get burned. Sympathy will not be had for that.
Scale it back. That’s your solution. This argument has been going on for two years now. Its beyond dead horse at this point.
Yes you can. If you play by the intent and others do not and the administration of the server is inadequate, then you get a screwed. I’m not arguing about skirting anything. Im stating these folk play regardless and those that play without skirting get screwed and their game lost because enforcement is too late if at all.
Oh really? haha so that’s why people were doing that!
I just thought their Mic had broken or something.
Been playing PvP / PvE-C for years and never even heard of that, ![]()
I just wave. Though usually by the time I’ve found and selected the right emote, they’ve buggered off anyway.
Katanas can oneshot btw.
Are you aware of the full extent of exploiting? I ask because I think people in here often don’t realize that “advanced building techniques” are more often than not actually exploiting game mechanics. I believe it was you who also admitted to using ceiling stacking “technique” so I find it odd that you are acting so above others. Just my observations… I will always say meshing, flybases and 3rd party hacks should be a permanent ban but that’s it nothing else should be a permanent ban. I’ve seen plenty of posts in here while the dupe was going on about people having to rebuild after the endless bombs would destroy their bases. These same people said they would use the dupe for materials so they could rebuild… in my head I was thinking good you should do that. I mean why wouldn’t you? A month or more of that bs and people still blaming the playerbase. I still blame funcom for not fixing or testing their products. Funcom is partially to blame for lack of “honor” imo
Above others? Never acted above others. Now if you want to play in pig pen, that is your business and yes I will call you out on it but that’s not acting superior, its calling you to be the individual you can be…vs what you settle for.
Ceiling stacking has yet to be considered an exploit and that’s because those that are doing it know it’s not the same as fence stacking…not even remotely…only those unfamiliar think in terms of stacking is stacking. As I said before, it’s self limiting because you need anchor spots and those cannot overlap…so self limiting. Not remotely like the fence stacking where you can go on forever. But I am digressing…
Your point where people are force to use exploits to counter exploits is the exact issue I am talking about. That shouldn’t be encouraged but at the same time, the exploit isn’t being discouraged…or I should say that those that do the exploits aren’t punished in sufficient time frame to help anyone and these trolls just continue on when their punishment is done because they know they have at least a month of play and they are very happy ruining other people’s play.
I don’t exactly believe this statement to be entirely true. Not for you anyway.
I liked Conan for the pvp and the building. So believe me when I tell you I was very good at building especially in pvp environments. I learned many techniques over the years. I’ve done all the stacking and my guess is the only reasons they fixed fence stacking is because it was the most common to complain about, also it was not intended to be able to put building pieces that close together. In other words “building exploit”. Ceiling stacking is very much the same deal even if they haven’t openly said it’s against the rules. I guarantee stacking just a little bit or a lot will cause server performance issues.
Exploits are uses and abuses of game mechanics to obtain an unfair advantage over other players including creating a detrimental play experience through reduced server or game performance.
Now usually I wouldn’t make a stink about such things as I think the tos is a complete joke but you sit back and complain about people using exploits when you are using one as well. Possibly even more than one but you may not even know it or recognize it. So yes I think you are acting above others.
Highly unlikely. The server performance issues with stacking are aggregate. The more people stack more building pieces together, the bigger the issues. Similarly, if there’s very little of it – or non at all – on a server, that server’s performance issues (if any) are not being caused by that.
None of these building techniques were intended. They fixed fence foundation stacking because everyone used that. It was the dominant strategy for improving the HP density of your base. When everyone makes their builds as dense as the fence foundation stacking allowed, that causes server performance problems.
True, but the crucial detail you’re overlooking is that Funcom is the ultimate arbiter that decides what is an exploit and what is an acceptable form of emergent gameplay.
Don’t believe me? Here is a post from Funcom saying that fence foundation stacking is not an exploit. Here is a post from Funcom saying that it is.
The concept of emergent gameplay is what makes these things much more difficult to reason about, especially when you consider that the game has multiple modes. Removing a building technique that allows PVP players to create an unfair advantage for themselves will also hurt creative builders in PVE and single-player modes. The technique that allows you to stack ceilings to improve the density of your PVP build is the same technique that allows you to “laminate” foundations in PVE or to build gradually rising foundations.
By all rights, certain techniques should be considered exploits in PVP and emergent gameplay in PVE, but players insist they would rather have in-game restrictions that ruin innocent players’ fun than server moderation that is only supposed to deal with the guilty.
I understand why. Funcom’s server moderation is subpar at best, and so is their communication. Players who find themselves targeted by admin action are unable to get useful (or sometimes any) information about their infraction and how to avoid repeating it. Coupled with the lack of warning and the summarily heavy-handed nature of admin sanctions, the end result is a lot of frustration and erosion of trust.
On top of that, Funcom’s communication about what the admins will act on and what they won’t leaves much to desire. Occasionally, they will write a detailed post with a bunch of good information and examples, and pin it. But more often than not, they’ll leave an important bit of information – such as the abovementioned rulings on whether stacking is an exploit or not – buried deep in an obscure thread that isn’t easily accessible even if you’re good at using the forum search feature.
However, the solution is not to request more of the band-aid fixes. If we can’t have better moderation, that doesn’t mean we should settle for having people’s fun ruined because other people can’t bother to self-moderate. For example, if PVP players start abusing ceiling stacking to such a degree that it creates widespread performance problems, the cheapest thing Funcom could do is implement yet another bit of logic to make that impossible, but the right thing to do – absent proper server moderation – would be to make that something you can toggle between PVP and PVE. I for one am properly sick and tired of PVE always paying the price for PVP abuses.
I know a certain group of people who would disagree with this statement.
But one never hears all the rumors about oneself.
I recall it as a joint kill, but it was a very far distance. So if you say you missed?
I can’t dispute it.
Ok…fine that is the way you think…and? I can’t change that. My intent on builds are sound and clearly obvious to anyone that observes them. Duping is an exploit that is damaging to player interactions and negative for the game and your attempts to equate 3 layers of ceilings is laughable at best. It has not been labeled an exploit, it is not inhibiting gameplay nor is it done to extremes that would make it an issue in raiding. If I wanted a ceiling base that was unbreakable, an god bubble does a much better job and is easier to set up.
I never said to remove anything I’m just simply pointing out a hypocrite. Forgive me if I’m a bit frustrated but this whole idea of it’s ok if I use a exploit just a little bit and see no problem with it. Meanwhile if a clan was to add 3 layers of ceiling to a ceiling base for instance I’m fairly certain it would be reported/wiped. Until I see funcom say ceiling stacking isn’t a exploit I will continue to call it one because there is no way their lack of pvp knowledge added such a feature to pvp.on purpose.Once again though I’d love for it not to be one so it can be used without the fear of a dev wipe. Off topic now I guess I have no honor either
No, the idea is “Funcom hasn’t declared the use of this building technique an exploit and they have already shown that sometimes they accept these things and sometimes they don’t”.
No, they most certainly didn’t do it on purpose. Unfortunately, that’s not enough to make it an exploit. You can ignore the concept of emergent gameplay all you want, or the evidence that Funcom sometimes accepts it, but ignoring that won’t make it go away.
The problem with reporting and wiping is that no one really knows what the hell is going on there. The whole process is frustratingly opaque and inconsistent. You’re barking up the wrong tree.
Why do we like to play bad people in video games?
“We" do not.
There were some posts, a few years back, suggesting that some players wanted to play as the “bad guy" and/or as female characters of a more realistic visage. A whole generation of games were made to accommodate those possibilities.
In-game analytics were just catching on, at that same time. The data from such games clearly showed those new options were going virtually untouched. It was a wasted effort.
Industry research since shows the vast majority do not want to play as bad characters. The small group that did chose that option (less than 1%) carried the role into the community, disrupting and antagonizing players as a form of emergent game play. They find pleasure in harm.
So, no matter how good and devoted you pretend to be outside your 4 walls, if you play a game you don´t put a gamemask on. Its the opposite. You put your mask off. You show your real you.
A mentally healthy person is able to recognize emotions and also to show them. If he hurts someone out of anger or fear, he just not only recognizes what he did. He trully understands the consequenzes of what he did to someone else and he knows that he did something he shouldn´t have done. He will feel terrible about it, he might even feel disgusted about himself and he will try to make amends. He will show empathy and compassion towards others.
A healthy person can not turn emotions off easily. It doesn´t matter if it is real life or game. Your not even turning it off during watching TV or listening to music. Only people who suffer under emotional disorders will behave differently. And by that I do not mean that you necessarily need to be a psychopath for that. A narcissist will do. Narcissists are masters in manipulation and disguise.
Meh
…got owned by a duper alpha that had more bombs than patience before I hit 60.
Got some friends excited but the first server had alpha’s entrenched and build with spam enough to not be able to get hit. Reported but got the ‘sorry, too busy’ message. Initiated an attack using lighting and almost got through…theday before the lightning nerf. Well after that, we couldn’t stage much thanks to the nightly destruction of all things with our names attached.
Next server? Aggressive duper alpha’s so could even get a foothold…next. Evidence of flu base experiments…next another duper… So yeah it’s a pretty big problem.
It’s pvp go fight stop reporting. My god what a sad state of gameplay we’ve come to. Reporting is driving so many people away from the game. Just suck it up and play without calling for help. I get hacks and stuff but come on… go farm a god or something stop crying to funcom it’s getting real old. “Not able to get hit” ya sure must have been impossible.
I play on official pvp because i like the wild west nature of it, but exploiters have been a big problem - both local and chinese. The biggest culprits are the chinese, but there’s been plenty of toxic exploiting locals on the oceanic servers also.
Also, there’s a big difference between your typical ganker and pvpers. The better fighters will normally take you out but leave most of your stuff on your body after maybe cherry picking your healing, a few goodies. Gankers will usually only hit you if they have an advantage and will then take the lot.
In saying that, anything goes - it’s the price of pvp really. I like the concept of pve-c but to me i cant handle building spam without a means of knocking it out, plus i love stealing from bases too much. Picking through raided or decayed bases is one of lifes great pleasures.
Sometimes people build over 4+ squares of the map with sandstone grids to stop trebs, bubbles 24/7 on a pillar base, with 100 layers of anticlimb probably heat trapped in addition.
Cant God , cant treb, cant build anywhere near, leaving bat flight and bombs as a single option.
And theres things you can stop that with as well.
Until bats nerfed ofc. Lightning helped also but now not at all…
The cost to get rid of the sandstone spider web far outweights the cost of putting it back.
Plus the time to take said web down and build a treb makes fitting in side a pvp window to almost impossible.
I personally hate the sandstone lines all over the map, it looks ridiculous in addition to the just blocking the map.
I also hate indescriminate reporting but these are also clear violation.
Look, unless you are playing in a group of friends, or just a private server with a set of agreed rules, there is no honour in any game. People will literally watch you get beat down, loot your corpse, film it , and then put it on TikTok.
This is the way.