Why the limit on the likes?

Had a 4 hr drive to do yesterday for work so my ass was kicked back in the passenger seat with the apprentice driving going through the forums to ease the boredom and after a bit I get a message saying I’ve used all my likes up?? Granted I was in the creative fan section so I was pretty slap happy with the love button on ppls hard work on their bases but Why is this a thing lol? Seems to be heavy handed and unnecessary unless I’m missing some obscure possible repercussion? Anyone got any light to shed on why funcom would even want to limit your likes? I just can’t see any sort of valid issue that may occur.

7 Likes

As former forum moderator., people will find ways to by pass stuff… even for pity forum titles and likes. XD

And sometimes… someone puts a random limit attached to code… cause ya.
And you happen find it. =p

1 Like

It’s on its default setting with Discourse and is just a daily limit of 50. The limit goes up with your trust level as well. It’s mostly there to curb spamming notifications to users. I guess there’s not really a reason to keep Likes limited but this is also the first time I’ve seen someone say anything about it.

8 Likes

Imagine there was a limit of overall posts a user can make in a year. Someting like 100 posts per year. That would be worse. Having used up all your posts in February and have to wait until next year to answer :laughing:

2 Likes

That would be bad, yeah

2 Likes

Not saying it’s a big deal or even something that needs to change. It’s kinda inconsequential, was just genuinely interested in the reasoning behind it.

2 Likes

So that’s what the “more likes” part of higher trust levels refers to. I guess I’m such a curmudgeonly fella that I never liked enough things to hit the limit :smiley:

5 Likes

Lol I only hit the limit out of sheer boredom :joy:

3 Likes

What if we sold packs of “10 likes”, “50 likes” and BEST VALUE! “100 likes”? :thinking:

brb gotta poke marketing

9 Likes

Aw I was hoping I could leverage our dear @CodeMage’s legendary verbosity for my personal fortune. Lamborghinis and bikini babes here I come*

*my wife informs me I am mistaken and the family stationwagon will be sufficient. No “babes” allowed, irrespective of their clothing status.

4 Likes

But of course! And I have the trailer too! #DadLife

3 Likes

I never thought of that. I’ve ran into the limit several times, but my theory was that it’s kinda like a “carrot” for people to keep improving their trust level or whatever. :laughing:

They should make sure proper research is done. Maybe a survey or something? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You just summed up why I hate the very existence of Twitter. And you did it in 87 characters, congratulations! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, fuсk me sideways with a telegraph pole! You mean there’s a way I could use that for personal fortune? Where’s my Lambo?

D’ya like dags?

8 Likes

Damn @CodeMage your going to cause me to use all my likes.

4 Likes

People may spam me with love all day

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.