Wild surge enemies all sound alike

Game mode: Single Player, Isle of Siptah
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: N/A
Region: U.S.

Was farming a few wild surges and noticed that no matter what tribe the thralls were from, they all used the same set of voices. Cannibales, pirates, Vanir, Lemurians, all of them sound like Dogs of the Desert, praising Jhebbal Sag and talking about the sent of humans and such.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Find wild surge.
  2. Turn up the game volume.
  3. Engage the enemy.
  4. Listen to the Ymir follower praise Jhebbal Sag.
4 Likes

Yep, they all do. When you break them on the wheel, they all come out with Dogs of the Desert voices as well.

We have a Lemurian fighter III that sounds exactly like a mentally unstable Marge Simpson. We always laugh when she says “my claws are sharp pup, are yours?”

As for voices being wrong - I’d like to report The Judge. He should not speak at all - he should gurgle, gag or make bubbling noises only.

4 Likes

Can confirm. No pokey pokey mate. Or Set lines.

1 Like

I miss hearing “Crom’s poxy balls!” But no Cimmerians fall out of wild surges anyway…

2 Likes

Seems to be intended, at least for now. Perhaps we should see these lines as placeholder for something more varied. I find really annoying that most factions say the same things over and over regardless of their faction. Moving around the entire map for the good old “pokey pokey mate” gets old

:DDD i was just about to write report about this, for me i just heard derketo priest saying "Jebbal sagg will guide me " all thrall voices and texts are broken by now :smiley:

It was like templar swapping religion to allah :smiley: omg… Derketo is sexier but they all want jebbal…

1 Like

Hey @Glurin

Thanks for the observation. We’ll send it to the team so they can look into it.

My fave line from the Cimmerian Beserker in a Scottish accent “Your death will be as meaningless as your life”. I miss the variety of comments

2 Likes

My pup will not return to your den!

I love the scent of humans in the morning!

Someone on the server once misheard it as “your death will be as meaningless as your wife” and I can’t stop hearing that now and giggling every single time :laughing:

3 Likes

Hah. That made me snort. Thanks for that.

Reminds me of the time some of my friends and I were trying to figure out what our first Cimmerian thrall with a very thick accent was blurting out randomly during combat. Needless to say, several guesses including “Crom’s bouncy balls” and “Crom pox ye balls” turned out to be incorrect after extracting and listening to the voice files carefully.

This line and “Pokey pokey” have become catch phrases when nobody else is around…

Freebooters from T3 east surges use the Cimmerian berserker dialog

2 Likes

Lol, sounds like my first husband at our wedding who said “awful wedded wife” instead of “lawful”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.