Will I get Banned for my in game name and funcom ID

2 Likes

This right here make me spill coffee all over my wife, double win HAHAHAHA

5 Likes

Nope, expect to be reported because words now hurt people so badly that they need to be erased forever.

Personally, it doesnt bother me, nor likely 90% of the players. But, the squeeky wheel gets the greasy.

1 Like

[citation needed]

The evidence is in the thread we debated a couple months ago.

That thread has no evidence of people getting banned or even reported because “words now hurt people so badly that they need to be erased forever”. However, there’s plenty of evidence in it that neither facts nor logic will sway you. I see that hasn’t changed, so it’s pointless to keep trying.

I just wanted to make sure that @diabeto got a correct answer to his question, instead of your propaganda.

2 Likes

Citation is as easy as picking any liberal college student or whining protester at random.

Uh, really? You must not be recalling the same discussion I am, since there was plenty of people in support of being able to report “offencive names” example - that clan Covid 19. Do you recall how many people were in favor of the ability to do that?

The fish you’re referring to is called “grouper”, not groper.
No offense intended, just making the point clear.

2 Likes

Oh they did. This is not an error.

Indeed… at least in Hyborean times.

1 Like

In some places groping a grouper is unnatural.

2 Likes

I’ll be damned.
Call me enlightened now.
That’s a new one on me.

3 Likes

Believe me I’m sure your name is fine, I have seen many with a lot worse, Besides I think if they ever implemented something like that where you can get banned for a name like that then those few players still supporting this game will start halving pretty quickly. One can only break so many straws before the roof comes tumbling down, and I’m sure Funcom are aware of this.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I don’t see how that could qualify for being banned. When you think about it, it’s not insulting any social groups, and it’s not profanity, and it’s not sexually graphic.

Last I heard, illnesses were not part of the ban list.

Well, the issue these days isn’t so much people being offended as it is people being offended on others’ behalf. In fact, we’re at the stage now where people get offended if you’re not offended enough on behalf of people they think should be offended that may or may not actually be offended. Which means there’s just no way to know what the next capital offense will be.

Yeah, it makes absolutely no logical sense, but it’s hard to argue that point when these people also flatly reject logic itself as something offensive. (Not even kidding.)

So as far as the OP being reported for his ID goes, yeah, I can definitely see that happening. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest to learn that just about everybody has been reported for something. Having official action taken against him is a different story though.

1 Like

Oh I agree, but there are those out there that get offended at any and every word in the dictionary.

3 Likes

100%. It is the result of an overly protective upbringing and a cozy and easy and safe lifestyle. And numb college professors ofc.
You don’t really find these offense guardians among ppl that train hard or work hard or challenge themselves in other ways.

1 Like

I’m going to change my ID to TiananmenSquare1989. I’m sure Tencent won’t mind.

5 Likes