Windows 7 - crashes on startup after Update 41 (16.06.2020) - Feedback thread

Hey everybody,

We’re aware of crashing issues with Windows 7 and our team has worked on a fix, currently in testing (11:00AM CEST) which we plan to release soon as a part of an upcoming hotfix.
Please send any feedback you might have about this issue on this thread.

Update: 11:10AM CEST
Current workaround until we release a fix (Thanks to @Illidan)

1. Remove the BattleEye service and install what it offers at startup
  2. Close game
  3. Run Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\BattlEye\Uninstall_BattlEye.bat
  4. Run Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandbox_BE.exe
  5. Press ok
  6. Close game.
  7. Clear dir Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs
  8. Create dir “SilentEvents.log-upload-0” in folder logs
  9. Run game on Steam

Original message by @Arizer_FM

Game mode: Online PVE-C
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: Pve c
Region: EU

Was playing, so all was well for sure, before the update.

Game crashes @ start “written error” game comes to the nvidia logo,
Files are verified, persists.

Win7 x 64

6 Likes

Game mode: Online PVE
Type of issue: Crash
Server type : PVE
Region: EU

Having exactly the same issue

2 Likes

(Also @Ankhozhul since they came in during replying)

Could you provide the full error message and any logs? (See Database and log files)

If you are using mods, be sure to disable them and try again. If it works without mods, try enabling them again and disabling them one by one.

@ Redray

Not the servers. Please read:

game crashes @ (init) startup not even close to the serverlobby.

It’s a memory written fault error like a few seconds in.

2 Likes

No mods in my case.

yes all win 7 user seem to have problem…

2 Likes

instruction 0x3ff25053 using memory adress 0xffffffff. memory cannot be read,

not a matter of mod…

1 Like

do you know when i can play?

Same here. I had this posted early.

Nothing help. I have verify all files - all ok. Remove all mods from the modlist.txt file - same issue

Game starts not after the last update!!! Wtf? Funcom makes every update more bugs, issues and mistakes then they clear it.

1 Like

Hey all,

We’re aware of the crashing issues players are experiencing while playing with Windows 7. Our team is looking into them and working on fixing them for an upcoming hotfix release.
Please allow us to rename this thread and make it become a feedback thread about this issue.

1 Like

Same here, win7 user

Its NL but you’ll get the info.
“Geheugen”= “Memory”

Better hurry , i left my hot chick batteling a Dragon, she will not be 'mused.

1 Like

CoanError

2 Likes

I would like to inform that it’s not only Windows 7 users where the game just crashes.

Also the private server I’m hosting is having issues with the latest update and keeps sending you guys logs about it. Or so it informs me.

@Ignasi I’m baffled the the devs release such a “patch” that cripples everything. Do they not test it on their system? Using the Test Live as the only testing grounds are not a valid solution! Setup are couple of private server that emulate those of your customers, yes we are your customers, and check if the update you are about to release actually work as intended or is crippling the servers.

/Mahejo

1 Like

After this update getting ConanSandbox.exe error message and game is closing.
I’m playing w/o BattlEye on local server.

It’s not a mod thing. It is the game. All they have Windows 7, the game not start.

Instruction 0x40116415 referenced memory at 0x00000006

1 Like

После того как я купил дополнение,либо после сегодняшнего обновления игра не запускается.Код ошибки 0x3f2f5053 .У меня Win 7 - 64bit

Got the same error with Win 7 after patch.

The instruction at 0x3f645053 referenced memory at 0xffffffff. The memory could not be read.

Starting intro, then The instruction at 0x40005053 referenced memory at 0xffffffff (Win7-64)

1 Like