Xbox - Age of War Chapter 2 Update Discussion Megathread

Please use this thread to discuss Age of War Chapter 2 update on Xbox.
Discussions of other patches and platforms should not be held here but in their respective forum sections instead.

Patchnotes:

Mm so is siptha fixed ? The decay timer is still off

Said in patch notes. they probably will wait to make sure no instance of the bug still pop up to ensure it’s fixed at least that what I do

Trying to test the purge system but it keeps saying failed…nothing but steps, hallways, and doors with some thralls and golems…had a buddy try it in his single player game and his is failing too…much like funcom appears to be with these updates

The coffer needs more room around it. Try a 3 wide by 2 deep room with a door and it will work.

The lag on officials is unplayable now. Large bases are taking 2+ minutes to even begin to render. Being attacked and at half health before it even shows me that I’m being attacked. None of this was a problem before the update. Large bases were an issue but nothing close to what it is now.

My experience with a first purge, Level XI, Lemurians.

They sure do swarm, causing several casualties. A level nineteen Berserker and two level twenty Berserkers, “Kandra”, “Aine”, and “Lior”, plus three Dalinsia Snowhunters were sent to Crom. And a named purge fighter/Janos clone named Darak Broken-Finger went to Valhalla. The second line of defense held the line. Four more Berserkers, four Cannibal Brutes, three Thugras, and Lian is as far as the purge went.

Techical difficulties were invisible purge fighters swarming me, crashing a lot as I have since July, by two massive forts connected by a horizontal elevator, just outside my land claim. A report was acknowledged, but those bases remain.

Well after this purge, it is stopping me from placing treasure, saying bases cannot be built or modified during an active purge.

And summoning this purge, may have caused the Stygian base camp to level two medium houses close to it’s spawn point. They were just within render distance when they despawned, and the base rose out of the ground.

If you have any placeable treasure that you can place in your inventory (harps, horns, plates, braziers) remove them and try to start it only using coins. These things where cancelling the purge for me no matter where I placed them.

As for my experience, the official server I’m at has mega bases that take a whole map square or more. After the update, If I try to play in any of those areas the thralls just flat out stop responding. Most of these people also put them in high traffic areas, so I can’t do any of the content.

I’m off in a corner doing purges for now

I moved it around the corner from where this pic was and built a basic 5x5 just to test out more and got it to work. Their camp rose up within archer firing distance of the build. Didn’t realize they would spawn that close. But meh i am just testing stuff…1 gold coin for level 1 purge.

Hey devs hurry with that hot fix I need to do the battle pass. tyvm XP BOOST compensation hmmmmm?

-Invisible players
-no stamina regen
-lots of lag in dungeons
-stability issues ALLROUND
-known bugs from 3.0 sorcery

H  E  L  P

I haven’t been able to use the mercenary banners at all. When I try to place them I just get a message saying “it needs to be placed in friendly land claim.” Tried inside a base structure and outside in the land claim radius.

I am 4 thralls away from the follower limit though (solo play, so easy to get there.) Why would it count though?

The merchant loot appears to be the same as level 1 or 10. Funcom, could you add more variety to the market? Maybe weapons or some new traps I could place on my pyramid?

Purges, when they don’t crash, are worthless. One Tier ten purge I could a few mediocre thralls and some, generally worthless loot but lost 33 Thralls, mainly due to flinch locks, excessive fire orbs and general attrition.

Loot levels are pretty low quality and loot spread feels small. Why not add other Stygian armours to the loot chests such as invader?

Compared to the previous system, where I could walk away with a load of high ability T3 thralls, crafters and rare T4 thralls, I’m left thinking what is the point of this? How do I even get the old Purge Thralls?

There are issues with purge camps forming, sometimes they fail, especially around noob river, or down to coffer placement. They can spawn inside your land/walls even when there is plenty space outside or they spawn so far away it takes ages for them to get to you making thea Purge easier.

I’ve also had purges stop saying they can’t find a path, even though nothing changed.

Treasures don’t count after restarts and have to be replaced which is a bug from Act one, and I can’t even use them for decoration since they say they need to be next to a coffer. As an aside, why coins and nit bars? Wouldn’t gold bars be a better system for condensing treasure amount?

Would it not be possible to create smaller camps to spawn if space is limited?

The combat changes mean I, and my thralls are frequently locked in placed. Especially true with heavy weapons. Resulting in the silly roll away every second gameplay which breaks immersion. While I can, generally escape my Thralls cannot.

It also seems that the spawning of T4 crafters feels reduced with Act 2. I’ve killed hundreds if not thousands and yet have seen maybe three thralls from the Dogs camps.

Good side,

I like the ability to call Purges when I like. Some of the new loot is good, I like the new embossed swords.

Speaking of loot, I am enjoying the new loot drop mechanic, although they seem to like stuffed animals a lot which is a little dubious. The loot chests you find, are a little bit over stuffed with decorative items. Might be better to limit it to one box per camp of decorative items.

Unfortunately, with the state of the game since Sorcery, it has been quite a negative experience playing recently