Xbox Patch (24.09.2020) - Memory optimizations and crash fixes!

Yeah, no. It still crashes to the dashboard on the regular.

1 Like

I had that hard crash today too, I thought my Xbox was going to explode.

You know they have dev consoles right?? Where you can update a game and test it before putting it out.

2 Likes

Everything is exactly the same as before, I still can’t go near my main bases or anyone else’s without crashing instantly, if I stay completely still in an open area I crash every 30-40 mins… I tested this because you obviously don’t, just like I did five weeks ago when this delightful experience began. I could make a list but the issues have all been mentioned above and in the previous “Update 41” thread by myself and many other unhappy paying customers. One extra bug I noticed, when I press the start button in-game the Conan logo/title is a white rectangular box for a little while but this happens everytime since today’s “patch”.

I have to say… the official stream the other day was a shambles and an insult to us console players, telling us that we are suffering from “a few crashes” then ignoring 99.9% of console related questions… You were more than happy to answer a question about the ability to stroke pets though, I had to keep my cool during that palaver. “Before next year” is an unacceptable answer for a fix that should never have had to happen, we paid for a product… we expect it to work relatively well at least.
In my 30 years experience of buying products I’ve never seen such a calamity and been treated with such disrespect when asking for answers, how many more mistakes do you have to make before we get a game that runs relatively well? Responding to our queries and complaints is someone’s job… Surely? @Spynosaur_Nicole @funcom_ignasis. I would still have to go to work tomorrow and face up to my mistakes and provide a explanation to the customer, why are you any different? Should we just forget about the game until 2021? Why do we have to keep up with pc?.. We accept less advanced versions of most games we play, it’s a part of being a console player that we happily accept. We want this great bug-filled game to be playable again, if you couldn’t achieve this within 5 weeks, how can we gain enough confidence to buy future dlc’s? P.s If you put as much energy into fixing the game as you put into cleansing your social media platforms we could have a success story instead of the endless dread that your customers feel when you have a “plan”. Thanks

6 Likes

I do want to at least thank Funcom for at least releasing this now before waiting for the PS4 update to pass certification. I do wish/hope that the corrupt data is not serious and I can play since I have builds on my single player game that go back to early access and I don’t want to have to erase my sp game save.

3 Likes

Hey there,

Our team is gathering data from the crash dashboard and looking into additional patches that will stabilize performance on Xbox. Issues stem from an out of memory problem, that inevitably causes a crash after a certain period has passed. This is the main issue that is causing the crashes, and it’s what we’ve started to tackle in this patch. We’ll continue the fixes until the problem is resolved.
We’re also going to remove the corrupt data popup since, as we mentioned, it is a legacy message and does not provide accurate information on the state of the installation files.
We understand the frustration this situation is causing, but we’ll have to ask you to be patient and constructive while we work on a fix. Here are our community guidelines:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-community-guidelines-please-read/54375

Played for roughly 6 hours in a row yesterday, only crashed to dashboard twice, only once lost connection, definitely a huge improvement from before the patch, I would however like to report an issue with certain texts in the game showing an empty white page, will post a bug report with screenshot
Edit: thank you for the patch

1 Like

Xbox 1 S
Game: Still Conan Exiles.
Today Sept 25th Thralls stats are single digits, crash even on empty section of server with no one on, I think everyone else quit or are crashing to dashboard like I am.
Those 0 pop servers are people who cant play.

1 Like

So I shouldn’t redownload the game? Still sounds broken. Right?

1 Like

I will keep you guys posted if I get crashed

Question for devs: I notice there are ways to change graphic settings in othe open world xbox games as well as turn off weather, my main crashes 14 since my first post are all in heavy flora / weather spots, is there a command to turn it off? Also level 1 stat max level thralls?

They just keep asking for our patience, and nothing changes for the better; improvements/hotfixes take entirely too long… Xbox dies a little more with each update and the inevitable unplayable period of time after each patch.

Enough. There is no more patience to be given.

5 Likes

Sea of thieves has a test live version of the game, i don’t see why funcom can’t do the same

1 Like

I am 52 years old and only play Conan. 150 days since 8/18. I have watched them ruin this game. It was better before the followers updates. I have watched many people leave Conan, because of dc. I hate to say it , cause I love this game, but not waiting another 5 weeks to be let down again. Good luck all. Im out.

4 Likes

Sorry to beak it to you guys but the issue exist since release of this game. If they couldn’t fix it by now they will never be able to do it. Facts.

1 Like

The memory issue makes sense, since about 90% of the crashes occur on opening inventory. Really doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason behind the timing, it can be hours or minutes after I log into the server, but the opening of inventory sets if off more than just about anything other than spawning. Definitely worse during peak hours and when in an Xbox Party, not sure if that’s the chicken or the egg.

Restarting my xbox completely, including pulling the plug for a few minutes, seems to help better than anything else I’ve tried, but there are specifically one station (blacksmith) and one chest that crash the game more than anything else for me. No relationship to time played. Maybe it would crash after 40 minutes if we could ever get that long before it crashes. More like every 10 minutes and often one right after the other.

1 Like

Console: Xbox One
Game: Conan Exiles
Just installed this latest update, I have since attempted to start the game up 4 times now in single player and its has crashed to dashboard 4 times consecutively before the game even loads. It gets to the end of the loading screen, that door opening sound happens, and then BOOM crashes to dashboard.
Can’t speak for other players, but this patch personally has made the terrible peformance problems I was already dealing with, immeasurably worse. Worse to the point where I cannot even physically play the game because it crashes before it even starts.
I have to say, I love this game… I really really do. But now, thanks to this update; it’s quite literally become completely unplayable.
Im so disheartened as I was so looking forward to this patch and hoping it would repair all this stuff. But instead it made it even worse. It went from being hard to enjoy to impossible to enjoy because I can’t even load it.

When I first downloaded this game it was my absolute favorite, and it likely still would be… but if I have to wait 5 weeks to maybe be able to play it, in all honesty I might not ever pick it back up. And it pains me to say that as this truly was my favorite game. I sincerely hope you guys at Funcom fix this ASAP so it can stay my favorite because bugs and performance issues aside it seriously is amazing.

Update: Just did a full reset on my console and tried starting up the game and its crashed for a 5th consecutive time, while again; not even playing the game, just loading into the game. On single player.

2 Likes

I agree with this. The game had always bugs. But the horse/followers update was the beginning of the epic tragedy with this really awesome game.

1 Like

Speaking of inventory, i lag when i reticle over boxes and the pop up window loads. This is the case almost 100% of the time. To the point that i avoid panning camera around crates.

2 Likes

From the sound of it, this patch is intended to fix the dashboard bugs that have existed for some time now, years in sone cases. But IF that is the intention of this patch, why wait until now?

Also, if this is the scenario at hand, it would have placated alot of ppl if we were made aware of what we were waiting for during the 5 weeks after the corrupted update.