An update on the next console patch:

Here’s a letter from our team:

14 Likes

First of all I’d like to say thank you for the update on the next patch, secondly I’d like to add that I’ve been running the game on the new series x and everything is running really smoothly, I’d crash Probably once a day due to a memory leak issue but that’s it over a 7 hour gaming session, thank you again for such an in depth survival game experience I really can’t wait for the next patch and Isles of Siptah in the future.

1 Like

Have not played since the last patch that didnt sort the memory leak out, had two friends stop playing small my stuff has gone now as I also stopped.

It’s been frustrating for us gamers who fall in love with such games and something like this happens for a very long time. Now I’m not holding the new devs to blame, that’s down to the devs that first owned conan and had and should of taken responsibility for there mess and at least fixed it before you guys came in. I for one appreciate how hard you are trying, conan could have an excellent future I the right devs hands and at least the current devs are showing signs of life and activity.

I’m not done with conan yet, I’ve still got much work to do even on the first map on xbox, I just need to find a bunch of players to play it with…

1 Like

Lololol…I believe I said that both the latest update and the Isle of Siptah would be released long before the game was ever fixed on Xbox. You have now proven me half correct and I am quite confident that my prediction will come to full fruition when this patch fixes nothing and the Isle of Siptah is released shortly after, of course with the promise that the Isle of Siptah will ship with all the fixes for the xbox problems.

Call me a pessimist all you want, I just now see Funcom for who they truly are. 7 plus months is not how long it takes to fix a game after you break it if you do indeed intend to fix it at all, more polished games than this have probably been made from start to finish in as much time.

That being said nobody would be more happy to be proven wrong than I would be here, so please prove me wrong Funcom I would love to reinstall the game sometime soon. Or even purchase it for my new pc which I also wont do until it is fixed for xbox customers.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update on when where getting the update that might fix the game i know you guys are trying hard to get things done in this trying time that we all are living in but I’m not gonna get happy until I know if this update is gonna fix or break the game more good luck funcom i almost believe in you again and remember people we are all humans

1 Like

What makes my stomach ache a bit are the worlds about the application level securuity. I still remember what this did on PC the first time with disappering chars etc… What will this security feature do ?

1 Like

Personally they shold port age of conan to console and give it for free til they figure out everything. Exactly why they shouldn’t have sold to Tencent because it just put more stress on an already tense situation .

Remember right before the new year they had hoped to have the xbox problems wrapped up but were unable to reach that goal. Its now March and from what im seeing we will be getting everything that they have been working on by the end of the month. So at the end of March we will see what these ‘‘Hundreds of bugfixes’’ looks like. Because the last 3 things on this list are the biggest priority in my opinion and the rest is like ive said, cool ideas but should not be focused on till the game is stable. You stacking things on a broken foundation might look cool but eventually it wont support it. Funcom fix your foundation. Nothing else in this game is important right now. I will not purchase siptah or any dlc until you address the stability of this game seriously. Cause right now it seems like youve sold me a broken game and thats not cool.

3 Likes

TBH. Forget the extra content. Just fix the memory leaks, lag and dash boarding. Most of us xbox players would just be happy with that. (Not just a fix for series x owners either.)
This destroys the game.
It’s a great game. Like many, I won’t purchase DLC or IoS whenever that is released, until this issue is properly resolved for good.

3 Likes

Thank for the sincere letter. It makes a lot of frustrations fade…a bit. And thank you for recognizing we who have been with you since day one on console day by day.

2 Likes

Hey Funbags…let me know when patch is coming so I can body vault…ya know, just in case…hehe.

3 Likes

This aint no sincere letter. Once again its a string xbox players along and please give us more money. Opening scene still laggy i still crash just walking around my base just clicking on benches… If these ‘‘hundreds of bug fixes’’ really dont fix anything i wont be surprised. I honestly hope it does improve stability but after 6months of a broken game, plus the addition of more mechanics and other stuff… Do any of you really think its gonna get better? Im askin?

3 Likes

Yeah sincere and Funcom just don’t belong in the same sentence. I think people are confusing this parity update with an actual patch that specifically is designed to fix problems within the game, these same people are going to be very disappointed I’m afraid when this update causes far more problems than it resolves.

What ever happened to all the outside help you were hiring Funcom, you know the super team you were putting together to solely tackle the Xbox issues that was your biggest #1 priority. But somehow the next update is still released before Xbox is even close to being playable, just more Funcom dishonesty and manipulation.

1 Like

I think the next best move is to open the modding community for the console. Look what it did for Skyrim special edition on Xbox

3 Likes
1 Like

He forgot to mention that the game is still broken and crashes every 20-25minutes and tbh i dont care about new changes when the game is still buggy and unenjoyable. I cant tell people what to do, but i would ask everyone to NOT purchase anymore dlc until we get some serious and reliable stability and crash fixes. Maybe ‘‘hundreds of bug fixes’’ will help but the jury is still out on that. Funcom hasnt proven anything in the last 6months that would suggest their updates make the game better.

Nothing has changed since he made this video 5 months ago!!!

2 Likes

August 2020-March 2021, man your right. What has changed on xbox? I still crash, games still laggy nd buggy i mean you would think they never even saw this video. Cause he hit all the points we are still talking about today… Shame on u funcom its pathetic.

I completely disagree. Why? Because eventually it would have to be patched in anyways. If done as a separate patch it could cause issues such as a fix coming undone. It’s easier to kill two birds with one stone.

2 Likes