Xbox Update 2.5.1 Discussion Megathread

My thralls still die unpredictable. Lost again one . I had them there for more then a year, but they die frequently since the update that caused they leave guarding position etc…

What I saw also yesterday, that near were the thrall died, rocks & plants “grew” in my base. I could not harvest them and when I logged in back, they had gone. Can it be, the thralls are killed by spawning rocks ?

I hate it, I lost 6 thralls meanwhile that way.

So how much longer for server transfers now? Any word?

@Ignasi
Please add this latest bug report to the list for 2.5.2. I know it’s a lot but, I gotta try. :slight_smile:

This is for Conan Exiles and the latest update.
With the update last week the game will not work at all. During the update
it stopped at 3.4 % and would go no further.
So I reinstalled the game with the exact same results, at 3.4 % at the
exact time the “game ready chime” hits it stops and will go no further.
Once the chime went off at 3.5% and again stopped working. The darn game
will not download at all. I like the game so much I went and bought a new
console hoping that would fix it, and it did not. Please tell me what to do.
I spent all of Saturday working with Xbox trying to get this to work and they
have said it must be a Funcom issue and told me to contact you for further
information. We have done several factory resets etcetera and none of them worked.
Xbox told me to call Funcom, but I cannot locate a US number.
I have used my brain up on this, maybe one of you can figure this out.

1 Like

Shields are fine on our backs, don’t be that guy

New patch 2.5.2 released.
Patchnotes:

And server transfer… You sold everyone on SERVER TRANSFER! When will this happen?

Hey Ignasi, i thought I should bring up, as a person who had PRK laser eye surgery

With the white background bug it’s the first time I’ve felt serious burning and watering in my eyes while gaming, so bad to the point now i have to stop playing, and it sucks honestly.

That intense of the white can seriously damage people who’ve had eye surgery, i just wanted to see if it’s a priority at this point since it really can damage vision.

I popped into the game today after the update but had to log right out as the white just blasted me in the eyes soon as i get in.

Players figured out the the night vision will fix the white once it wears off.

A fix until the real problem is solved could be the devs make it so we apply a night vision effect to all players when they log in for maybe 1 minute so we can all get the white gone on log in when the effect wears off.

This could be a decent work around until the problem is fully fixed😊

But can you please mention to the devs that people with eye surgery are really having issues with this.

Thanks a lot and cheers!

2 Likes

2.5, 2.5.1 and now 2.5.2 and no mention of Thrall fixes.
A bit late for anyone at FC to cry plausible deniability.
How bout an update man?
At least include a note, working on thrall issues.

1 Like

No. Remember they already fixed it, just like they fixed getting stuck in rhino heads over a year ago and that still happens lol. Funcom isnt capable of fixing this game. Stop wasting your time and $ on them. Funcom has horrible customer service and dont keep any of us informed on anything. They are a joke. We are all stuck in a rhino head head that that they already fixed.

White background bug. Fix when please?

Climbing bug. Fix when please?

Randomly dying thralls. Fix when please?

These three are game-breaking bugs, and really need to prioritised over some arrow malarkey.

Thank you.

4 Likes

There have been maybe 1-2 gaming companies I’ve run across that actually provided updates.
It was usually, “We’re still working hard on X, we can’t give you an ETA but know we’re on it.”
And for that, they earned my respect and, money.

It’s bad enough to have so many game breaking bugs after taking our money but, no updates on them?
Other than, “The ton of requested features and improvements to make you adventures in CE more memorable.”

The only thing I’m going to remember is how bug-ridden and frustrating CE was…

P.S. If I had the dying thralls bug, I would be ALL OVER these forums and FC.

I feel CE endures such detrimental bugs due to the testing parameters. The test environment is too dissimilar to the actual live play environment. Fixes for bugs created by the disconnect between environments, are created in the same environment that causes the bugs.

Its a cycle that has no end point. The testing environment must be more similar to the play environment for testing results to have any value.

Why is FC having dev’s fix low hanging fruit? E.g. 2.5.2 below.
How about an update mods?
Like, “We’re working on game breaking bugs while junior dev’s are fixing garbage as found in 2.5.2.”

Xbox Patch 2.5.2 (14.09.2021)

• Chests that require a key to open can no longer be quick-looted.
    crafting
  • Harpy’s Kiss and Black Ice arrows can no longer be dismantled.
  • Voidforge Bow no longer consumes glove durability and instead uses arrows normally. Damage is increased to compensate for this change (28, up from 22).
  • Significantly reduced the amount of bonus the Frenzied Bow (Regular and Epic versions) receives from Oil of Agony.

Wow, I’m totally going to play FC this weekend! :expressionless:

Every purge I do now crashes my system. I’ve reduced my foundations and made my base smaller. I’ve gotten rid of thrall. I kill the rain up north. 5 purges so far and all have crashed in PVE.

Really hope they don’t add the new pick up building pieces thing they mentioned, that’s a totally new system and we all know it will completely break the game for a few weeks guaranteed.

Not looking forward to all those fixes being worthless once the stupid pick building pieces is added in and breaks the game in some……most likely we’ll have stability issues from it that collapse our bases or something like that…….:weary:

Funcom for the love of god make sure this build pickup/placement 100% works and doesn’t effect anything else before putting it in, we’ve already had the game messed up this last while and don’t need more

For what it’s worth, I’ve had no problems on testlive with the pick-up system - I’ve dismantled and rebuilt my base three times and everything has behaved as it should. To be honest, the biggest problem I’m having with it is that it makes it really easy to decide the base is in the wrong position and get all ‘OCD’ about rebuilding it… Obviously, this doesn’t guarantee there will be no problems when it goes live (or for other platforms) - but so far so good.

1 Like

FC has never produced a patch that hasn’t gone askew. CE has been refresh only for months now, for me. FC reduced the no build zone between player structures, players are building so close to my base that they drag purges to my base with ease. Reported: no infringements found. There goes my base. Cant take a thrall with me cause Gravedigger dosent work as an actual shovel. Sky salamanders dropping onto the river bank, Big Bird running at me tail end first, stability issues, lag issues, missing bosses, decaying chests, blah, blah, blah. Yeah FC is gonna get the pick up and replace mechanic right, 100% first shot guaranteed! Perfect, just like we are used to seeing from FC

If you can think of ways for me to test it to try to find possible problems, I’m happy to do so. But like I said, currently it seems to be working without a problem. The only issue any of us have reported so far on testlive is that picked up pieces go into inventory and not back onto the hotbar, even if there’s a stack of the same item already on the hotbar, and Funcom is looking into this already.

1 Like

Added new entry to the changelog:

1 Like