Zero Hit Point (0 HP) Placeables

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

Started a new server over the weekend, and myself and some other players have observed that some placeables end up having 0 hp when newly placed. We’ve seen this happen with elevators, tanneries, wheels, tavern bar pieces and a few other items that can normally be returned to inventory.

Thankfully, after a server restart, most items will then show their correct HP, but that’s of little help when trying to get the layout of your base just right – particularly when everyone is starting from scratch and lots of stuff is in-flux.

While I was wondering if this could be cause by mods, some other server admins in Discord have confirmed they are seeing the same thing, so it’s definitely not just me, though it’s possible there could be a common mod that’s resurrected this old bug…

Mods Used:
If it matters, the mod in-use on mine are:

• Pippi
  • WYSIWYG Wheel of Pain
  • Fashionist
  • Swift Elevator
  • CharEditLite
  • Iron Sickle
  • Improved Bodies 2
  • Stabilise Camera

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place a brand new elevator, tannery, bar piece, etc.
  2. Find it’s not quite where you want it and try to pick it up.
  3. Realize you can’t because it’s showing 0/whatever hp.
  4. Either destroy it and make a new one, or wait until the server has restarted for it to be healed.
3 Likes

This is caused by the majority of mods. I noticed when i added Pippi to my server a while back. All elevators when placed were at 0 HP. I decided to give away free ele’s through a kit but then players were just spamming the kits and dismantling them for the mats. Pippi went away not long after that.

1 Like

Emberlight has a feature which allows the bugged 0hp placeables to be picked up. Not a solution but a workaround. A big thank you to the Emberlight team. Love your mod :kissing_heart:

EDIT: from ur list I have pippi and fashionist.

3 Likes

I as well can confirm this has been an ongoing issue with modded servers.

2 Likes

I regularly get this bug on official server too.

I found a workaround (PVP only), hit the placeable with something, then repair it. It goes back to normal.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve encountered it on officials as well, but since I play PvE that trick hasn’t availed me. Guess since it’s my own server I’m concerned about though I could try enabling building damage for brief periods to let folks use this work around…

Thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes

Where is that setting, please?

@DawnbringerHU if you are using Emberlight (mod), the admin has to hold E on an emberlight item (their crafting bench for example), it brings the configuation menu for them and they can see the setting for pickup (OFF is the option which needs to be highlighted, don’t ask me why). Then you will have an extra pickup option as a normal player which works on the 0hp bugged placeables.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.