10th Anniversary - Make or Break time devs

This year will mark the 10th anniversary of TSW, and the 5th of SWL. While some players are content enough to play the existing state of the game indefinitely, this milestone for many is going to be an indicator of whether we can ever expect anything new again. Because, if not on the 10th anniversary, when else would it happen?

I know you’re constrained by resources from Funcom, and that if you haven’t already built anything, it’s probably too late now. But I, like many long-time players, am quietly hoping you’ve got a surprise in stall for us. Please don’t let us down.

6 Likes

I’d be happy if we got unabridged Elite dungeon rotation, but some people would probably complain that there isn’t more.

That said, assuming that anything is worked on at this point is high-grade copium. Would be glad to be proven wrong. Let’s see.

1 Like

Yes, your threats are certainly going to make Funcom actually do something. That’s cute.

I don’t see any threats here lol, but I think it’s best not to hope for anything. I know a lot of people are this year, though.

5 Likes

Glad others didn’t interpret it as threats.
I’m hoping, but I’m not expecting anything. It would be a pleasant surprise.

We’re not even getting “servers are going down for maintenance” warning anymore :upside_down_face:

There are definitely no threats there lol. We’re trying to get something going for TSW for the 10th anniversary (ran by community) on July 3rd if you’d like to join for that. We’d like to get enough people to join to pop Stonehenge and/or El Dorado.

4 Likes

It’s always been like that though. Sometimes we do sometimes we don’t.

Yeah, absolutely! I’m in Aus, but I’ve actually got the next day off as well, so I can make it even if it’s awkward time zone nonsense :sweat_smile:

templar here that would like to get eldorado poppin

1 Like

At this point my hope is that they don‘t forget about it.
Look how smooth the AoC anniversary went :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

It’s very sad to say this but I’m expecting nothing from Funcom, not even an acknowledgement. I’d be very happy if I was proven wrong though.

3 Likes

Hi Hi

I was feeling nostalgic and thought I’d pop in.
If anyone does organize anything, please let me know!

1 Like

If only this was part of the anniversary and not a fluke on GameStop’s part.

The original Secret World suddenly finds itself back on digital store shelves | Massively Overpowered (massivelyop.com)

They broke

1 Like

A lot of answers here: Twitch.

Tl;dw - Joel Bylos (game designer for TSW) says: no active development for TSW, SWL kinda in the maintanance mode, the TV series is not entirely dead yet, TSW IP comes up every now and then when they look for something new set in the modern times.

Around 24 issues were outlined for TSW, next areas were supposed to be King Solomon’s mines in Kongo, Scotland (Avalon), Sargasso Sea, Guatemala and the Fountain of Youth.

The part starts around 5:00 mark.

13 Likes

Thanks for the link.
I hope that the TTRPG publisher will be authorized to use the material of the videogame for a campaign with the zones which were intended before Funcom stopped working on it.
This said, I don’t know what was the state of the future issues (surely not fully designed nor written, perhaps just some ideas). But it will be nice to play in the zones as a continuation of the MMORPG campaign, as the medium is not the core interest of Secret World (T or L) but the community and the story are. I’m confident for the quality as original writers are in, but I really expect to have a continuation of the original story. With chance, Funcom will allow this.

3 Likes

doubt it will ever happen. they have two ips which could earn them more profit.
and for swl / tsw dont expect anything meaningful ever

What happened to the secret world, what went wrong?

1 Like

Not enough people willing to pay for the expensive to produce content. Subscription model already outdated in 2012. Lots of competition in MMO market. Niche genre I guess. They get into that in catboiler’s videos.