2.5 Update Game Crashes

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: America
Mods?: Yes
Edition: Select one: Steam

Bug Description:

After installing the 2.5 Update, the game crashes.

When I go to select a server, the game crashes with this error message:
Fatal error: [File:C:\B\tech_exiles\code\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 3447] Could not find SuperStruct UserConstructionScript to create UserConstructionScript

!0x0000000000000000

Crash in runnable thread FAsyncLoadingThread

Expected Behavior:

I expect the game to join the server I had selected. In this case 6106.

Installed Mods:

Though I have mods installed, it should not matter since I am joining an official server.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Step 1: Launch Steam
  2. Step 2: Select Conan Exiles
  3. Step 3: Select Play
  4. Step 4: Select Launch in the FUNCOM Launcher pop up.
  5. Select Play Online
  6. Select an Official server.
  7. Game crashes with the Fatal Error Message.

Greetings,

Thank you for your report. Could you please try the following steps:

Please let us know if the issue still persists.

I had tried a few things to see if I could get the game to work prior to seeing this message.
I had done the following:
Restart the Game
Restart Steam and the Game
Restart PC, Steam and Game
Uninstalled game, restart PC, Install the Game
And lastly, I have tried the “Change account” option on Steam.
I am still getting the Fatal Error.

UPDATE:
I have turned off Norton and tried accessing Single Player. The game crashed with the same error message.

UPDATE: After reviewing other posts, I had removed Mods from the Selected Mods window, even though I was accessing an Official server. I was able to access the Official server twice. Then I restarted Steam and the Game to ver ify it still worked.

THE FIX: It would appear that deselecting mods from the Selected Mods list will fix the crash.

I have not tried to access Single Player or a modded Private Server.

1 Like

After Updates most mods usually need to be updated. I generally tell my players to take a bit of a break for a while whilst we wait for the (awesome) Modders to do their thing. And always check the mod pages for upload frequency before installing as it’s not fun being forced to remove an old mod.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.