3.0 ruined Archery

Yea well that guy must have never been an archer prior. The sum value of archery has decreased just in perks alone. Abyssal bow is still weaker than Void Forge and Khari, add a Bowmaker and a mod then I’ve no idea why shooting endless amounts of weak arrows is good.

Saw that guys vid, he was smokin’ something. I wouldn’t believe every video that you see on a topic.

Still don’t know what the compensation for flattening shot and eye for injury is. Nothing in the max AGI build I made in test live gave me anything that made me feel it was worth losing those two perks. Going back and forth between live and test live it’s clear my live archer is VASTLY more superior at taking on foes as they never EVER get to me. In other words, I rarely am FORCED to go into melee. Being FORCED into melee now after shooting the bow is a net loss, not a net gain, as you could already use the bow to pull as a melee build in live.

Same on live, but you can ALSO knock back, slow and knock down AS WELL. So agreed, they ruined it.

Even stronger in testlive tho. Even without knockdown or knockback.

1 Like

it lost knock down and slow perks, but it’s the most powerful weapon in 3.0. Archery damage is insane. Even if they reduce it to half, it will still be strong.

Abyssal bow is not the best one, but it’s cheap as f… and it’s arrows are good AND when you die, your enemy can’t loot it =)

But i agree with you about having 2 separate trees for melee / ranged

1 Like

Actually this is something almost everyone gets wrong (unless by “range” you mean 10 feet or less)! Bows and especially ancient bows suck terribly at anything over about 15 or 20 feet (5 or 6 meters - max). According to soooo many combat experts and just common sense having handled them, the bow and arrow are indeed primarily a close combat melee-like weapon. I think people get this wrong because of cartoons and those Robinhood movies where they split a bullseye arrow from 200m. LOL!!! Or where the camera follows some hypersonic CG arrow as it whistles through and past 10 or 20 forest trees before it nails an orc between the eyes. Or maybe even some of the more realistic “precision trick shooting” contests and events that in no way represent how the weapon would have been used in combat. Bows up to and about the recurved models are only effective at very short distances! So it is also true of crossbows. A 1000lb draw siege crossbow shot up at a 45 degree angle lands only about 100 to 150 meters away. And to draw them one had to use a hand cranked pully system where each shot took several minutes to load.

LOL, not too far off.

etc.

Of course all this is no fun in video games or movies for that matter… but… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

[quote=“Kholdenn, post:14, topic:198733, full:true”]
“i don’t know what game you are playing…
currently, bow is ridiculous OP. you can kill anyone with 2 shots and you don’t even need the best bow and arrow to do so.”

You must be a PvPer. This isn’t the case in PvE, credible threats aren’t two shotted even with the best bows.

“In 3.0 archery will be more powerful.”

Correction, archery is weaker.

“1- horses are weaker, you can kill them with 6-8 shot. so you can kill the horse before the rider hit you.”

Why would I be shooting horses in PvE? What situation would I ever have to shoot horses outside the tiny community that is PvP? This is a net loss for PvE, means nothing.

“2- you can aimlock heavy attack now. (i know that the best pvpers don’t use target lock, but you being able to do it, lowers skill ceilling a lot).”

Why would I need to aim lock? I will be far enough away where it isn’t necessary as it is on LIVE. OH, again, the PvP. Yea I don’t PvP, irrelevant to me.

“3- you can still kill people with 2-3 shots.”

What people? Darfari? Exiles? You godda be joking. You never twoo shot anything that is a credible threat in PvE. EVERYTHING that is moderately challenging in PvE cannot be shot merely twice with The Reach of the Read Mother, Khari and Void Forge, along with max ACC. AGAIN your viewing this through a PvP lens. Not concerned with PvP.

“4- you have a powerful bow that costs almost nothing and have infinite arrows* (the one you can summon) and when you die, people can’t get it.
*these arrows are the best ones after hollow bone arrows.”

WRONG, this bow is WEAKER (much weaker) than the Void Forge Bow, Khari Bow and Reach of the Red Mother and also cannot be forged stronger by a Bow maker and cannot be modified. I’ve SEEN the stats on the Abyssal Bow. My Void Forge bow on Siptah along with my stats and enhancements to the bow does 41, not counting the arrows. The Abbysal Bow doesn’t come anywhere near this. As far as infinite arrows, I like crafted arrows more, they do more damage. If I make enough for running a dungeon or fighting a world boss why would I need to care about infinite weak arrows? Again, you are speaking for PvP. I am a PvEer, so this is meaningless.

“5- Agility 2nd perk is RIDICULOUs OP. arrows flies as fast as a rifle bullet.”

But cannot knock back, slow or knock down. I’ll take the old speed with the old ACC perks instead, as they do more and I can kite targets.

“6- Agility 3rd perk will be almost mandatory for every build, and for an archer, they are already there.”

I couldn’t even tell the difference it was so minor. Had the speed been a significant change perhaps. But I’ll take the old ACC build over this EZ, son.

“7- with 3.0 as it its atm, pvp meta will be: bow + spear or dagger.
str 20/agi 15/vit 20/grit 5 or agi 20/vit 20/grit 20, something like this
[/quote]”

I don’t PvP. Not concerned with PvP. The is a net nerf for PvE.

2 Likes

Not in my experience on test live. I maxed it out. Especially in PvE situations where you need to deal with high health high threat targets it was better to kite them with the 2 perks that existed before. I guess if everything is low health targets you are correct. But I’m not talking about PvP. This is a net nerf to PvE archers. Bosses will just walk up to you REGARDLESS of questionably and alleged higher damage. Thus mandating you pull out weapons then wonder, why didn’t I just go STR build if I had to melee anyways? They will not be slowed.

The enemy would have reset and healed to full. And you wasted your resources. Prior they would never get to me, because I could kite them. And you don’t really run fast enough to notice. Again, I’m talking about PvE. If you are thinking in terms of PvP, then I got nothing for you. I don’t PvP and don’t play the game for those reasons.

Firespark is even more influential in this game and he says bows suck. So…pick your confirmation bias I guess. I choose to goo by my experience.

I don’t play on PvP servers. Not concerned with PvP. What’s relevant to me is PvE. Why would I be close to the target enough to have to roll and melee if I am supposed to be a (“supposedly better in 3.0”) archer build? The targets I fight aren’t low health players. They have multiple thousands of health and don’t care about the “faster shot” they will just casually walk over to me now whereas before I could slow them down significantly and sometimes even knock them back. This is a net loss for an archer player, at least on a PvE server.

Well, let’s look at real world PVE experience then:

You can rewind 60 seconds to look at stats but…

2 Likes

13th century bows were said to be able to shoot 700-800 meters accurately.

Keep in mind, these ancient bows often had a MUCH higher draw weight than anything around today. 100 lbs+

These were serious archers.

Modern bows, yeah the range can’t even compare because people today aren’t as strong. They don’t start training their arm muscles from 7 or 8 years old. People today are pretty soft. xD

I keep seeing people bring up the abyssal gear like it’s going to be as cheap and powerful as it is for long. That stuff is going to get nerfed harder than The Rock bringing down the people’s elbow onto some jabroni.

3 Likes

LOL!!! And there were 25 foot giants back then according to the same people! :wink:

I mean, if you wanna act like history didn’t exist.

http://www.manchuarchery.org/historical-draw-weights-qing-bows

And our characters clearly have physical strength to utilize bows like this.

But I mean, there are still people today capable of it.

I guess we could try it with just normal Siptah gear…

:joy:

8 Likes

the problem is that i’m speaking from a pvp perspective and you from pve.

But archery is not weaker at all. even for pve.
It’s just different and didn’t fit your style/taste. (didn’t fit mine too)

The abyssal bow is weaker than those you mentioned, but it has infinite very good arrows and you don’t lose it when you die because you can summon another one for a small price.
*maybe you play pve without loot drop and this doesn’t affect you

PvP is always harder to balance because involves two or more people who can plot strategies out of an npc’s script.

Existem muitas formas de jogar mas se é adorador de arcos tudo bem.
Veja como matar o dragão com meus Thralls

A atualização foi ótima agora estamos muito mais fortes que antes

1 Like

Id rather not get rid of double jump, ive literally infiltrated many bases because of this and either made off with tons of loot or jumped their clan members before they even knew were there

2 Likes