A Possible Problem as a Result of DDoS

Hi Funcom,

Let me open by saying that I was very sorry to hear sorry to hear about the attacks on the forum and servers. It truly was a gutless act, and I hope that the offenders are caught and prosecuted. I actually feel kind of guilty asking about this after what just happened to you poor folks, but I have to ask. Im not sure whos department this would be, so ill try both @Ignasi and also @AndyB.

I have been consistently logging in on the forum every day now since I first joined back in December 2018, in a bid to earn myself the ā€˜Devoteeā€™ forum badge. Unfortunately, due to the DDoS attacks yesterday, I was unable to log in all day despite numerous attempts. If I have not miscounted, I was only 18 days away from earning that badge (19/12 if I am not incorrect), and if I missed that 24 hour window, that could potentially mean another full 12 months to obtain it! This potentially means 11.5 months worth of work and dedication down the drain thanks to the twit who did this. So I have questions:

1. Did I make my log in within the 24 hr period (ie- am I still eligible for the ā€˜Devoteeā€™ badge)?

2. If I have missed my window and lost all of that work as a result, can we a) adjust the counter/forum log to say that I did log in yesterday? or b) remove yesterday from the criteria/required days?

It is neither my fault or any of yours that I couldnt log in as per usual yesterday, so I feel that I should not be penalised or made to do without due to the actions of a nasty third party. I hope that this all makes sense, I was struggling a little to convey it. Friends, talk to me pleaseā€¦

EDIT: please forgive if there are any minor inaccuracies in the dates provided. It has been almost a year; this is to the very best of my recollection.

9 Likes

Is there a list somewhere of all the possible badges? I only ever know that they even exist when the forum tells me Iā€™ve earned one. :hushed:

EDIT: Nevermind, found it! https://forums.funcom.com/badges

4 Likes

Here you are Larathiel. Just click on the link in the first line of this thread.

4 Likes

Yes, you can check in on all current badges here: Funcom Forums

As for the original question, I honestly am not sureā€¦will have to look into it, but that particular badge is hard-coded as far as I know and not something we can easily change.

4 Likes

Wow, you both replied before I could finish editing, now thatā€™s soivice! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hah! I juuust beat you AndyB! :wink:

4 Likes

What can I say, we live to give. :laughing:

4 Likes

I had no idea there so many badges!

2 Likes

Oh there are Trappist01x. If memory serves me correctly, I think I first happened upon the list when I looked up the forum tutorials. As you would no doubt have noticed some are quite rare and/or tricky to earn too.

1 Like

I donā€™t even know where to start. lol

How do I get the Certified badge?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @CatBot display help.

1 Like

I like Catbot.

3 Likes

How can I get the Regular badge?

Yes. We like CatBot!

2 Likes

Regular

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 3. Thanks for being a regular part of our community over a period of months. Youā€™re now one of the most active readers, and a reliable contributor that makes our community great. You can now recategorize and rename topics, take advantage of more powerful spam flags, access a private lounge area, and youā€™ll also get lots more likes per day.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never noticed any such abilities, but that secret membersā€™ only lounge up on the roof is pretty sweet. Just wish the pigeons would quit pecking at me when I fall asleep on the fire escape. Maybe @CatBot could smite them for meā€¦

5 Likes

//discreetly pushes the jar of extra-sticky pigeon feed behind a pillar

Why, I have no idea how something like that could happen!

7 Likes

Most badges need overhaul anyway :smiley:

Most Leader badges people are never online: https://forums.funcom.com/badges/4/leader
And many at the Regular lvlā€¦ :smiley: :smiley:

You have a mod which was 1 year not online (who is also a Leader): https://forums.funcom.com/u/Anzu :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I just want to ask here because I am not sure exactly where to ask. Being right new to the forums and following the badge system, I wonder why I got this instruction and it did not return any results. We are being incorrectly redirected to the old botā€™s name?

1 Like