A Vet PvP Player's Update 3.0 feedback, Please upvote PvP discussion in this

i believe it was in the last stream…soo 8 months ago?

2 Likes

Lol I’ve quoted it a few times, I think even further back - maybe as far as August of 21’? I want to hope that they don’t give us an invisibility spell just to run around as a floating hp bar… surely not. Right?

4 Likes

Yeah but that is anxissue with consoles that is fixed next update as well to my knowledge and with how it works being able to hit it then strike then turn it off or just everyone spam daggers and such is just … no skill involved and i think it is better to just be removed all together

lol.

3 Likes

Yes because it is backwards as-is.

What do you mean? Using lock on bot for combat for for thrall commands? I can see that being useful or locking camera on target WITHOUT making you not aim you know? I could see that but the lack of skill atm that is dagger and lock on is purely the lock on system especially when it works. Also note Den mentioned this on their discord so it might be useful for everyone here to see and know

4 Likes

OK that’s good news

1 Like

Yeah now lock on needs to be removed and this update will be fire

1 Like

I don’t care that much about lock on. It’s situational. I wouldn’t complain if they removed it though :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

A bot? If someone had topped off accuracy, then the mechanics may help the player aim. Fight fire with fire…

I usually turn off the lock-on during battle because it is too slow with it on. I just want the health bar to show, especially on large animals where the health bar goes off screen.

Someone mentioned auto-facing… let’s not turn that off. It’s not fair without it. It needs to be improved like not to suddenly aim at the bunny going by while in combat.

By the way, stone daggers are OP. :rofl: :innocent:

Nah man autofacing and lock on need removed. People need to stop being lazy and use skill in PvP. Just doesnt make sense why they would buff lock on.

You say its slow but after the update it wont be it will be equal to non lock on and will have patched the issues youre talking about on console. And the issue with locking onto the wrong target isnt an issue on the game on pc just lock on and let go of aim analog and spam. Dagger spam with lock on is the new claws and its just terrible. Wouldnt be as bad if someone did that without lock on then it would be argueably more legitimate.

Lock on and auto facing dont need improved or buffed. It needs removed and make people actually play the game.

And i didnt mean bot i mean the word “Not” it was a typo

How does turning auto facing target off not the same as lock on but without the screen cap? Like it needs removed as well theyre the same thing

2 Likes

First realize there are turning issues when looking for a crossplay setup. You can turn faster with the lock-on off. You don’t need to waste time to mess with the camera position. Simply, the mouse has limited input. The mouse has the advantage of quick turns. The game controller has multiple inputs whereas the mouse has the keyboard bindings.

My vote is to keep.

This.

Oh wow, did you just realize the advantages of KB + Mouse, lol?

Uh… my days of WASD games are over… lol?

I realized the disadvantages of a keyboard manifold. Have you tried to use the keyboard with a VR headset on? Oh, you just realized that.

Yes it works fine. I can type without looking at the keyboard. And the little bumbs on the J and F key help you too.

But: Can we play Conan in VR?

EDIT: Also keyboards like this are a thing:

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend using the standard keyboard with the VR headset. I rather have the pad.

6443527cv14d

I’m pretty certain my mouse has quite a few more buttons than your controller does. Its literally designed for games that have rows of hotkeys. Way in excess of what Conan Exiles has.

1 Like

Now wait. We are moving the goal post. We need to focus. Getting good on keyboard and mouse you can be Monumentally better than any gamepad. I know from experience and testing of course.

Lock on and auto facing attacks is straight LAZY and need removed from PvP now pve i dont care just players. If they could make it where only locking into npc or thralls Good thats fine. But players NO. Pv P should be raw skill that wins you having KBM is such an advantage over gamepad. And that shouldnt be an arguement for keeping lock on and auto facing attack.

EDIT: you mentioned turning and moving disadvantages with lock on. Those arent hard to remedy by just locking on and off repeatedly and or now with 3.0 the strafe speed is the exact same as the walking without lock on. They Buffed it. Not good for comp and fair pvp

2 Likes

Youre correct. Im glad you notice that not only that. BUT keyboard and mouse can have macros and scripts far superior thab gamepad

Conan in VR would be sick as hell dude.