About a dozen chests suddenly decayed

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue:Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: North America
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

My chests suddenly decayed when I logged on. I lost a full chest of alchemical base, a full chest each of gold and silver, and just countless other stuff. The first time this happened, I thought it was a visual bug since there were no loot bags on the ground. I relogged, and it happened again, this time with a huge loot bag. When I check on the decay timers of the chests, they are at 168 hours. The shelves the chests were on did not decay and are also at 168 hours. Based on the event log, it seems to happen instantaneously.

I have screenshots of the event log and the spaces where the missing chests were, but I can’t upload them since I recently created this account to post this bug.

1. Step 1
    Log on
  2. Step 2
    Watch hours of work disappear before your very eyes
  3. Step 3
    Reconsider your life choices.
  4. Etc.

Were those chest picked up once and relocated?

This bug was reported quite often and some also state relocating the chest(s) puts the timer on zero.

All items placed on other placeables can be bugged this way.I recommend place chests on foundations or ceilings pieces.

1 Like

I’ve had the exact same issue, this happens 9 times out of 10 when you have an update or patch from Funcom. I have recently had 2 mega structures evaporate. This will be the third time this has happened to me, and it will now be the last. I have shut my server down and I have uninstalled the game. This will continue to happen as they are not addressing this issue that has been happening for years now. Please do not build anything bigger than a 4x4, as you will log on one day to your creations gone and accessories floating in mid air. It’s such a shame, because the MODS for this game literally keep this game alive. Then Funcom come along and literally destroy everything you have worked on. The worst part is, they apparently do not know why this is happening (even though they literally designed the game) and it seems like it is not something that is going to be fixed any time soon, it is been years like this. Good luck in going forward, but you have been warned.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.