Chests decaying bug

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: 6445
Mods?: No
Edition:Steam

Bug Description: Me and another player I have confirmed with have lost chest stability for no reason it seems. I lost one chest on 9/3 and the other player lost six chests on 9/4. Doesn’t seem to be any reason why except in the logs it states they lost stability. Anyone else have this issue?

2 Likes

Just happened to me too right after I put everything I cherished in one of the chests before the server reset… :disappointed:

Hey, Vaud, long time no see! :smiley:

Out of curiosity, where was that chest? More precisely, what was under it?

And did anyone pick that something up by accident and didn’t want to admit it

There was no one even on. They’re not going to accidentally pick up and dismantle 10 chests lol

1 Like

I put the chest on a shelf, inside the chest was all dyes and glass flasks. Nothing major

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve occasionally lost a chest or two that way. On a shelf or on the table or some other placeable. The only chests I’ve never lost are placed directly on the floor.

I have usually a shitload of chests, because I like things organized, and I haven’t lost many – less than 10 in total over the last 3 years of playing – but I’ve learned that I should place the most valuable stuff (e.g. T4 thralls) in chests that are on the floor.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to say that this bug isn’t important. I’m just trying to help out, because bugs like this are notoriously hard to fix, on account of not having a reliable repro.

3 Likes

Hey there,

Just to confirm: those of you who lost chests, they were either on shelves or stacked on top of each other, correct?

2 Likes

Yes, stacked. The shelving was a mix of ceiling and wedge, some pieces over benches some over just foundation pieces. I saw in the log today another one disappear but I do not know where from. Our builder has been trying to figure out what the secret code is lol

1 Like

Mine were either on shelves or on tables. I don’t stack my chests directly on top of each other.

I lost very few, so I have no clue how to reproduce it. The log said they lost stability. The things they were on – shelves or tables – were intact, though.

I know it’s very little detail, but it’s all I have right now.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @HeRMaN6 and @CodeMage. It seems we at least have it narrowed down to shelves and/or stacking being involved on this. We’ve sent those instructions to our team to run some tests and see if we get any luck reproducing this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.