Chests lost stability

Game mode: [Online
Problem:Bug
Region: [Here]
I was offline for maybe 48 hours, came back to my base and noticed a few chests were missing. Checked the event log and it said 5 chests had lost stability. I have maybe 50 chests stacked on shelves in my base. Do I need to be concerned about more of my items randomly disappearing?

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Put chest on shelf
  2. Put items in chest
  3. Logout
  4. Login

I never recommend putting chests on shelves, if you need to do something like that use ceilings instead.

1 Like

Even if decay doesn’t destroy a shelf, if you get an on-base purge, it will only take mere seconds for the attackers to destroy the 250hp shelves, and in the process delete the 25,000hp chests you have on them.

This actually happened to a player on my server a few weeks ago. Several waves has spawned normally outside, but even with 10 players on hand to assisting with what was a very easy purge, they lost several chests when one of the later waves spawned in-base just in the 10-20 seconds to took us all to realize where they were and react.

Additionally, while it hasn’t happened to me in several months now, I used to have issues with anything placed on a table or carpet disappearing when the carpet or table would spontaneously decay. This being even in a base that was on a PvE server, all T3 construction, at 168 hours, and logged into for 3+ hours each day. Same used to happen to me if I put large chests atop large crates too.

So my advice is, if it’s important enough to store in a chest, put that chest on an actual building piece, and not on another placeable.

2 Likes

Yeah but that’s not what happened. The event log said the chest lost stability. The shelves are all still there. EUJYfxSXQAAV6qI

Which makes me think whatever happened would’ve happened regardless what the chest was sitting on…

After checking with server admins, decay isn’t even on for this server. If anyone from funcom is paying attention I’d like clarification on why this happened. If I go through the trouble of re organizing all those chests on floor tile and they vanish anyway I’ll probably be done with this game.

Hi @Smagoo, welcome to the forums and thank you for your report!

It’s possible that the chests lost stability due to being placed on a decorative placeable so we’ll register the issue for the developers to look into, apologies for the situation.

Could you let us know if, according to the Event Log, the stability loss happened after a server restart?

In the meantime, we’d recommend to place any containers directly over foundation or ceiling pieces, rather than over shelves or tables.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.