Abyssal or Abysmal? Spelling error

The only place I can remember ever seeing “Abyssal” is in the journey step reminder on my screen. Maybe also in the journey steps screen itself. Everywhere else it’s Abysmal Remnant, Abysmal Sword, Abysmal Flesh, Abysmal Eye, etc. Is this just the basic spelling error it looks like or am I missing something?

i’ve never really thought about it being a text issue… as i really never even thought about it but i believe your right that they have a typo either with the abysmal items or the abyssal in the journey step… i can assume the latter

If I remember rightly, the journey step also used to say ‘Abysmal’, but got changed to ‘Abyssal’ at some point. I’ve always assumed Abyssal was the original intended, but it got misspelled early on and, not being a priority, never got fixed. That said, maybe Abysmal was the intention all along, and it’s just the journey step that’s incorrect. Either way, something’s misspelled somewhere :wink:

1 Like

honestly i’m more curious at this point which it should be lol

1 Like

It’s been this way since I started playing somewhere around 2018. It’s always bothered me because I usually take my time doing the Dregs so that reminder is on my screen the whole time. Maybe was different before that. And I’ll freely admit they’re not mutually exclusive, I’m sure anything abyssal would also be pretty abysmal, but I would love to see it tidied up. Maybe it’s some kind of compromise between two programmers at Funcom who just couldn’t let go of their version? But when you put it all together, it LOOKS like a sloppy and prominent typo, whichever way it was intended.

2 Likes

I guess I just must have been ‘mentally correcting’ the journey step, and then at some point I noticed it seemed to have changed (but evidently I just hadn’t been reading it correctly up until then :wink: ). Definitely wouldn’t have been before you started that I’m thinking of, so I guess I didn’t ‘remember rightly’ (well I did say ‘if’ :wink: ). You may be right about it being a compromise between two different programmers (or just two different programmers with their own idea of how it should be completely ignoring each other and not cooperating at all…) Certainly a typo I’d like to see resolved, if only for the same curiosity that Monkey325 mentioned.

Edit: I can’t believe how long it’s taken me to notice where your name came from - clearly I have no idea where my towel is right now…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.