Add Heat & Cold variants to all DLC content

Got an idea from this. Instead of armours giving silly resistances, what if capes were devoted for that? Adding fur capes, scapulas, tabards and / or surcoats would suit fine to the purpose I wager. Devs wouldn’t necessarily need to add anything to the current costumes, unless they wanted to, and coding couple capes (or the like) would provide a source usable for every armour piece. These can be themed into dlcs as well.

1 Like

I would rather that they make it so can make kits that change the heat or cold resist

1 Like

That would be the quickest method I wager.

I don’t think the full comitment to this system would work & balance properly. If we come from 5 temperature piece to 1 they would be a gap to fill for certain zone such as volcano or ymir’s temple.

To me the good spot would be removing temperature from helm, gloves & boots while adding this cape system. So we could balance a too hot or too cold armor with his opposed variant from the cosmetic item slot

If it was capes only, it’d have to go from minimum +5 resist up to a max of +25 resist to match what we can do now from all the armor pieces.

i know, but think about people like me who like keep the gear simple, such a sysem would mean i’l have the obligation to wear such item.

Create an in-between would alow more diversity in representation

The simplest idea is to just use kits to add the resistance.

Scaling it to armor would be okay, but honestly some may prefer the look of lower quality armors.

The only true, fair way, to handle it, is to make the kits where you can just put 1-5 resist on any piece of armor you want, and let it go at that.

Give the player the freedom to use whatever armor they want, wherever they want.

The PVP crowd will drift towards whatever is fashionable to them.
The PVE crowd will drift towards whatever looks functional for the specific climate of whatever area they are in.

1 Like

tbh adding a grind barier to something that is already attach to the armor will be cringy at best.

Plus that would mean no more other armor kit if you wana be temperate

This is what I was going at, albeit my suggestion would indeed force everyone to wear a cape or some other cloth apparel of a similar type, though I waged that a single forced cloth is more tolerable than five. For this reason I also suggested to include some scapulas and the like so that capes wouldn’t be the only type to inherit the feature (though not all of them would work in the warmest parts perhaps). I don’t know about the volcano coz I have had no need to go there.

Edit:

Then again, for example the Pict warchief set, we could remove the fur parts from it and add that as a separate “cape”. This way we would still look the same and if we wanted to “take it off”, the show helmet feature could work here. Instead of a helmet the feature just targets the cape.

1 Like

No, the temperature kit would be separate from the standard mod-kits for armor, not either/or.

It would just require temperature kits be seen differently in the engine as opposed to normal armor kits. So they don’t overwrite, but exist side-by-side.

@Fable
A cape is good, in theory. But only as a means of warmth. And it’s not really an efficient means of warmth. Because while you can wrap a cape around you like a blanket, you’d have to fasten it wrapped around you like that in a cold environment, if it was your only source of warmth.

Which would make you look kind of foolish, running into battle with one hand trying to hold a cape around you for warmth.

Capes are more naturally inclined to flap behind you so they don’t really offer any protection -normally-. It’s only when you wrap up in it, like at the campfire on a cold night, that it gives you any sort of warmth.

So it wouldn’t really work all the time. And there is just no way whatsoever a cape could give you any sort of heat protection. Unless you used sticks to tent it a few inches above your body to create some sort of shade. Which would also look silly.

Wearing it normally, however, and you’d have to walk with the sun to your back for it to cover your body at all, if you were walking towards the sun, it’d essentially be useless.

Again it’s one of those situational temperature resists, in that if you were going to camp out near some rocks, you could spread your cape out on the rocks to form a little shaded area to lie under. Like those larger awnings you can craft.

1 Like

Back to something I am sure I said when you sort your stuff it should come with a filter to filter out what your not looking for. Thus problem solved. I’ll make a suggestion or post to request this later tonight. But its easily remedied.

Conan Exiles is game of survival in an hostile wilderness environment not a game of survival in the Paris (or Milan) Fashion Week.
There is no need for armour to be fashionable to suit the taste of the player. What’s important for an armour are its attributes like protection against damages, hot or cold protection, character attribute bonus and the most important one : can my armourer thrall craft its epic flawless version or not ?. Its look is secondary and matters only when all other things are equal.
That’s how it works in CE and it’s fine, with a lot of room for improvements.

That’s how it works only so far as everything BUT temperature resistances. Which are a cluster**** right now with inappropriate resistances on specific armors, because there aren’t enough valid armors to go around.

So fixing a way for us to choose which temperature resist is on a given armor, is rather important.

1 Like

the way i read the debat it seem that the cloaking option white armor remain unchange could be what’s need for equilibrium.

tho i don’t see how with a frost prot armor adding a piece of clother would temper the all

I still like the idea of 2 different sets of linings. Could make it so black ice an volatile glands could be ground into powder then mixed with other ingredients to make a potion. Use the potion in the lining recipe to get whichever variant you want. Could also use the potion to run around naked in extreme weather, if you want to rp as a nudist.

1 Like

If the linings are different, it changes the recipe.

If the recipe is different, it means more crafting clutter because there would be two versions of every piece of armor.

As for the potion affecting Exiles…just no.

How many times must I say if they fix the sorting system to also filter out what you don’t need that it would be not a problem consisting of crafting clutter? That and how many times must you post that same line? Make a post or suggest ideas and maybe funcom will see both of them and do one or the other or BOTH. But… yep.

If I want to make heavy armour I type heavy in the search box. No more clutter.T he potion affecting exiles was meant as a joke my bad for not placing a :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: after the sentence.

1 Like

I think the search box only works on the PC version. I haven’t played the PS4 one in a couple months. I am hoping to have the latest 1.41 update to install by next weekend so I can start with the new content.

So it wouldn’t help for consoles at all, if that’s the case.

@SabunoHakia
Clutter is still clutter. A better sort system doesn’t mean we should advocate a huge number of additional crafting recipes. Because it would only end up forcing us to constantly shift through the sorting menu to find what we want as we progress.

Ideally we need a way to flag stuff to be “hidden” from the inventory crafting. Old stuff we no longer craft or use could be tagged with this, and only visible on a tab for hidden stuff. While everything else is normally visible.

Aren’t capes used in a way so they can be wrapped around us? Maybe I’m just imagining a different type of a cape. Maybe it’s one of those other types I mentioned. The surcoats and the like, though some type of a cloth would hold the feature anyways.