Hey boys and girls,
I am working on a web application to address some of the issues I have seen many people discuss since the game released. Below are some of the things this application will offer. If you can think of anything that you would like to see included please let me know.
Matchmaking - I have 3 different Queue’s I have thought of which I will describe below along with a poll. Teams will be balanced based on Elo. Both teams will be required to have 2 healers each, no more than 2 tanks, no more than 2 mages, and no more than 2 rogues for a match to be made.
Elo - Rating associated with an individuals character. Winning results in points being added and losing results in points being lost.
S = 1%
A = 7%
B = 21%
C = 21%
D = 21%
E = 21%
F = 8%
Premade - 2 organized teams playing each other, this will allow for sets to be organized and the results of each game to persist (can be used in stats analyzing)
Tournament - a series of premades resulting in tournament placings.
Stats - Character win/loses, Character kill/death, matchup statistics (how well does osid perform when he is against teslarr), really any kind of aggregation that can be done against wins/loses, kills/deaths, team makeup, and time ranges will be possible.
Teams - pretty straight forward. a group of players that can challenge another team to a premade or join a tournament.
Parties - One thing that many of my friends enjoyed was when we could sign up for minigames together. I think this would be great to bring back for Matchmaking. The limit I thought of should be 3 or 4 players grouped max.
Punishment - cheaters, afkers, leavers, etc. will be punished. When playing in a match made game or a premade users will be able to start a vote which if it reaches enough approval the user being reported will have a punishment handed out.
I.E if player A sees player B hiding his gear he can start a vote indicating the issue. All other participants will be notified of the issue and can vote to agree or disagree with the accusation within some predefined time (30 seconds or something). I’m not sure how many reports need to take place before temp/permanent bans need to start being dealt out.
- Voice chat - this will be integrated with discord so when you join a match made game you will be provided a link to join a channel in discord for your match and your team.
- Classic - 6v6 Team Deathmatch. Everyone will be required to turn on equipment viewing. All participants will be required to either wear PVP tier 1 gear or PVE tier 3 and below gear (no T3 crafted weapons). NO khitai gear. NO RF rings. NO chaos rings. NO pit fighters/gladiators accessories. NO runes PERIOD. NO store bought potions. NO refined potions. NO KHITAI BLESSINGS. NO LODESTONES. NO ASTROLABES. NO MORPHS. IF YOU NEED TO CONSUME SOMETHING THAT GIVES YOU A LIMITED TIME BONUS IT IS PROBABLY BANNED. If you feel that the pvp tier 1 rings lack protection, there is a protection ring, the crafting recipe drops in crows nest and the rings can be bought from the trader. If you have any questions about whether a piece of gear is allowed please ask in this thread.
- Unchained - 6v6 Team Deathmatch. Everyone will be required to turn on equipment viewing. PVE T1-T4 is allowed, PVP T1-T3 is allowed, NO RF rings. NO chaos rings. NO runes PERIOD. NO store bought potions. NO refined potions. NO KHITAI BLESSINGS. NO LODESTONES. NO MORPHS. NO ASTROLABES. IF YOU NEED TO CONSUME SOMETHING THAT GIVES YOU A LIMITED TIME BONUS IT IS PROBABLY BANNED. If you are worried about protection in the ring accessory slot use the pvp 6 Highlord’s Band of Slaughter.
- Quick Match - You will be placed in either a classic or unchained match depending on which queue meets the requirements for a match to begin first.
- How many players should be allowed to queue together?
- 2 players
- 3 players
- 4 players
- Are you satisfied with the matchmaking queue options?
- I’d like to see some things changed (see reply)
- Which maps should be available for matchmaking?
- Hallowed Vaults
- Lost Temple
- Totem Torrent
- Blood Ravine
- Do you want separate queues based on Elo (low ranking players only get matched with low ranking players and high ranking players only get matched with high ranking players)? I am not sure if there is enough of a population for this but I’d like to gauge the communities opinion on the subject.
- Would you like to see capture the flag or some other game type offered (Kings, etc.)?
- Yes (reply)
- Do you agree with the ranking distribution?
- No (reply)
If there is anything I missed or you have any questions please let me know. I have made pretty good progress on the application already and I think I can have the matchmaking ready in the next couple of weeks. The reporting system will probably go live a few weeks after the release as that will be a bit more involved.