Can you please remove the name of players in event log PVP? It is killing the game

As a solo player on a PVP server, I can not attack big clans because they see in event log that I destroy something and they will wipe my base.
I can not attack others solo players or little clans too, because they complaint on the chat and big clans come to wipe the attacker.
So …?

Just remove the name of players in event log PVP for building destruction and stealing.

Better, remove the event log!!! It is a survival game!!!

2 others things to remove, the decay timer in hours and the players list.

Theses 3 things are killing the PVP part of the game and only benefits to big clans.

19 Likes

I don’t play PvP, however I think the event log is important. Perhaps it is too helpful right now.

I just had 2 Archer thralls go missing. I looked in the log and seen that a king rhino killed them. So I can use this information to redesign my Archer platforms and deck to disallow enemies from getting on my deck.

If the log could be dumbed down when it comes to player names, that can be good. But, it should still be there as an explanation of what happened when you were not around.

6 Likes

The event log is indeed game breaker for pvp, last night I just had a situation to give it as an exemple.

There is this clan who only logs to refresh their stuff, while I know the members were playing other games via steam, I was scouting and found out a hidden wheel of pain on a tree not 100% closed, I sneak in, and saw 3 thralls T4 with a Manos nearly ready, but without food.

On their campfire, I prepared some steaks, and put on the wheel to wait for the T4 to be ready and steal them, the clan is enemy of mine.

Guess what? They log in, and some minutes later they showd up, I had no choice but to kill the thralls because on my descent from the tree I would be heavy, and would get killed.

Im pretty sure they looked into the Event Log, and saw my name on the preparation of the steaks and putting it on the wheel.

So, thanks the Event Log, I cannot be a sneaky character and take advantage of a failure from other players. PvP ? Not so much with such a system.

12 Likes

Caco I agree.

All, just think that in a real life survival situation there is no event log, that is all.

You know only what you see, or what others see and tell you.

This event log must only be in the test live version, to check all is ok. But not in the official version of the game.

4 Likes

To know who did what is a need for the game, and what i read in this topic make it even clearer that you need to se who did wat in the log!

I was playing on pvp server when the log was not working and it was hell.

8 Likes

No you don’t. Why on earth do you think there should be some all knowing force that tells you who stole your stuff?

4 Likes

HEHE you are so funny. Its alwys some one that se what you do, the house is not empty and the hero Always find out who did the crime! And its a game so it will not work if you cant find out who did what!!!

And even if you are present when the crime is done you not Always are able to se the name tag.

just remove the even log if it’s going to help the game w/ glitch, froze and being log out. This will make the game more challenging and fun.

1 Like

They made the event log to prove to people that it wasn’t glitches and bugs that killed their thralls etc right? Why not instead of giving spesific names it could saiy “A player has killed archer thrall” or “A player has destroyed your furnace”?

6 Likes

I know, lets just remove anything that makes this a game.
No purge meter…you will know when it attacks when it attacks, if you are around.
No health bars above anything. You will know when it is dead it is out of HP.
No ominous music when beasts/npc is around. when it hits you from behind, you will know.
Name ID tags on anything. You will know which thrall it is when you put it in the crafting station. Fighters and Archers, well you’ll have to remember their looks after you see them in action.

I think my point is made…it is a game. the event log could use a tweak, but to have it completely gone would take the gaming part out too much. I agree, looting and thievery should anonimous (unless we could have a scouter thrall that “see” you. But building damage and other things should stay as is. There is a dynamic to have consequences to actions. no event log would make the servers free-for-alls and random fights. The politics, as much as i hate them sometimes, are part of creating a unique experience on the different servers.

Just think of the event log as word of mouth from the NPC’s. Players are the heros (or villians) in this game, so their stories would spread quickly on what they do.

2 Likes

When you offline raid someone they have a right to know who did it. Think of it this way, the thralls told them who did it.

9 Likes

To remove it will be a gankers paradise and not bring any good to the game!!!

4 Likes

Great idea, all that you mentioned detract from the survival game aapect. Removing all those huds would do this game a great favor.
I will add more to rhe list remove food, water and temperature hud, you will know when you feel hunger, thirsty or heat/frost.
More important than all of those, remove the map, or at least remove the player indicator from it.

1 Like

I also think that the event log is preventing some of the aspects of real PvP, because stealth, sneak attacks and destructions etc is not possible. And this seems to be the only way for smaller clans to stand a chance against bigger ones.

On the other side I can imagine surviving thralls etc could give hints to their owner who the attacker was (maybe a picture of the attacker when crossing the land claim border - but of course without the name, because how shod the thralls know the attackers name). This could also result in new classes of thralls, maybe scouts etc, who can watch over the land etc.

2 Likes

I like the event log for the following:
Finding hungry thralls and pets.
Decay timers
Building

The rest I don’t use. I am on PVE-C. Different of course. I could see how this would be an issue on PVP.

Then again. Even on PVE-C I dont use the other features.

What was promised? A rough and unforgiving survival experience in a harsh world. How would you build in HIS world?
Now thanks to the event log funcom can rebrand this slogan to ‘don’t you touch a thing in HIS world’, cause it might summon the alpha clan. Ridiculous. people get raided for revenge because they took something out of fishtraps. I see apologies for opening OPEN containers in the global chat. Now thanks to the event log, the PvP servers are almost entirely pacified. Only solo players and small clans without alliances can be raided safely.

So to sum this up the event log is making players gang up against weaker players instead of trying to steal the vast riches from the big clans. Is that really your intention funcom?

I am sorry for the salty subtext in this post, but we have been met with nothing but deaf ears regarding this so far.

3 Likes

Play on a PvE server please if you don’t like open PvP.

Event logs only need to be seen by an admin, nuff said. You don’t need to know who stole from you or interacted with your property, only that you didn’t guard it well enough.

3 Likes

Event log is best thing in this game for everyone. Lot of helpful informations and i think, everyone have a right to know who raided him or stole loot

3 Likes

Maybe you should since you are afraid to hit some one randomly, not knowing the consequences. I think the event log should be some where in the middle. Stealing, just states it was a player, no name. Destruction shows name only if your thralls are present. Outside of that, it would make the political games on pvp way better. being able to trick the alpha into attacking the wrong clan, back stabbing, etc…
That or remove event log outside of admin checking for bugs, and also remove who is logged in. That would make offline raiding take some scouting. Right now most alphas, not all, like to not have stuff stolen by a low level just logging in, and if there is a clan that grabs their attention, they wait until they have the upper hand in numbers to release all their resources to wipe them. I have not found a server that has an alpha that fights straight up. And i am not complaining, just stating a fact based on my interactions. That is why i am kind of burned out on leveling for 4 days, only to be wiped (usually my first base at T1) when i go to spend time with my 80 year old Dad or visit my daughter and my grandson out of state. By having the no player list and no name event log, i would stand a better chance of staying off of radar, be able to join a side and then get involved in wars. I really can’t wait to officials to die down to the point private servers are that is left. And i have screen shots of every cheating alpha/player, so i can ban from my servers. The few alphas and players i found legit will always have a place on my private server.

1 Like