Farewell Thieves!

With the new Event Log, thieves can’t be thieves anymore, because if you loot from someone unconscious, or sneak upon a window and steal from the near unlocked containers, crafting stations, it will be shown on the Event Log, what would Conan say about that ?

We have a Zamorian Thief outfit, but can’t role as thieves at all, Funcom, what in the name of Bel is that decision? Why do that? This takes away the fun for being a thief that was such a good thing in this game!!! I can’t be alone in this, it doesnt make sense!

Take this in consideration and revert it please, its a savage game becoming a polite one.

3 Likes

I understand where you are coming from but the information for the event log has been added/increased so players have more information what’s happening to their bases or to help with issues. It will help us help you pinpoint issues (and figure out if it was a mechanic or a bug that lead to, for example, a building vanishing).

It’s always a balancing act between immersion and necessary game mechanics.

6 Likes

those problems have all been about buildings vanishing, not about items vanishing out of containers.

if you know who/what destroyed your structures it is clear who/what has taken your items, and if you do not protect your items/containers like fishtrpas etc. you have to know that someone will take it, and you do not deserve to know who has been it.

3 Likes

Signed up just to say this change has killed a lot of the excitement on PVP servers. This is like in a bad RPG where the city guards are instantly alerted the moment you commit a crime, despite no one witnessing it. It actually punishes players who are playing by the rules (i.e. able to loot containers that aren’t locked) – that is messed up!

3 Likes

Its completely understandable, but wouldn’t make more sense to investigate server logs to find out why these vanishes happens instead of killing a gameplay? It may be not such an easy task but hey, it should be someone’s job.

Im sorry to be stubborn Tasha, and I know you guys are giving the best you can, but these kind of decisions will decline the playerbase.

2 Likes

My event log only tells me when the server restarts…that’s it lol

1 Like

We can’t investigate server logs of every single server or player that reports an issue. Event logs are separate from server logs and unique to the player in question. :slight_smile:

It will help us get more detailed information from a player that has any kind of issue. Conan Exiles is an incredibly complex games with a lot of dependencies and sometimes it’s really difficult to get the information we need to properly reproduce the issue for a bug.

1 Like

I see, well I guess our thieves guild will have to end our careers :sweat_smile: , thanks for the replies Tascha.

1 Like

Not trying to sound rude but you take an already dying game and make it less interesting. If people don’t want their stuff to be stolen they should put it all in locked boxes before they log for the night it isn’t that hard. If someone uses a crate to store items and I steal from it because they are stupid enough to put it next to their window that is their fault. If items are all locked up like a smart person would do and they magically go missing then it becomes a glitch. So your basically saying we can’t have fun and steal anymore because people aren’t smart enough to figure out that you can lock items up? People leave crafting stations in the wide open spaces outside their base and now I’m punished for them doing that and leaving stuff in it?

7 Likes

I like the new event log. It doesn’t ruin anything.

2 Likes

stealing without damaging buildings/objects or attacking thralls should not be shown in the event log.

6 Likes

I couldn’t have said better, listen to this guy Funcom, before its too late!

1 Like

If remeber right, you’re a single player or pve right? While I respect other ppls opinions, everyone must understand this game is about the world of Conan, and the man himself was a thief aswell, and if Players can’t play as such in PvP servers, whats the fun of seanking into some unprotected base, manage to steal itens and yet letting the owner know it was you? Does that make sense for PvP ? I guess not.

Think about everyone, not just yourself, its a multiplayer game too afterall.

1 Like

According to Steam Charts, this game has been steadily bleeding off players for 4 months straight since it’s official release. I’d have to say, unless Funcom pulls a rabbit out of their hat, it’s already too late for this game.
Quite a shame…the game had such amazing potential. I guess Funcom wasn’t up to the challenge.

3 Likes

Oh, now I saw, sorry for that, im at work, and the fast reading didnt let me pay attention to that, sorry, with that I agree, it would be a good solution indeed.

1 Like

The reality is if this was real life, you could have security cams to catch a thief, or fingerprinting and the like. Here we have people with limited windows of play time who are able to use a log to see what happened in the 7/24 GAME they play. I find it reasonable to have the log show what happened as a mechanic. I believe private servers will have the options to use or disable visible settings in the event log eventually if I understood the live stream correctly? It will only be the official servers which will be “vanilla”. Also, I cannot tell you how many games I have played where a clan mate /guild member would join under false pretenses then “gut” the guild/clan of their valuables. This will help reduce the instances of in clan issues as well. Remember the log we are seeing today WILL have filter options once they get that mechanic in, so you wont necessarily have to see everytime someone takes something out of a box =D

I just learned, that this new Eveng Log, each time you open it, it lags the server, making it appear that will crash, if you check B (playerlist) it will show no players, as it would go down, then come back. I did a test with clan mates, everytime we open it, happens that.

At least, this is happening on the official server #1999 SA. It seems the server can’t load so much data happening each time a player takes or put something from a container.

Totally disagree with the new changes to the log. There is no way possible that a log entry stating what player looted an open chest in your base will help with coding issues that erases or deletes building. No, this is making the game far too easy and simple. Bring back the hardcore version from last year, it was way better then this…and if it keeps going this way, it wont end well.

5 Likes

Really?!? So in the time Conan Exiles is set in, they had that sort of technology, eh? :smiley:

2 Likes

hi i think if some time in future a server can choose to have generic messages (thieves named or just generic messages about theft) it could work out like shadoza mentioned,

but its not that bad if you steal from a player, and if they happen to know about and look at a log, and see another named player who stole something from them, what are they going to do… shout “stop thief”? :slight_smile:

i dont think its that bad if they know who stole, as that way they might keep a look out for the thiefs base, and steal back :slight_smile: otherwise all a thief wants is to get away with daylight robbery :smiley:

actually, what better way for a thief to gain fame, then to have their name in logs, showing and proving that they still managed to sneak in and take a prize :slight_smile: