Age of Sorcery...ok..ok...but we need REAL content!

Probably many players will disagree with me but I find that Age of Sorcery brings nothing to the game. I don’t see how this expansion makes you want to go re-explore EL and Siptah ? Especially when you have already gone around this maps 15 times (especially when you start playing during early access).
I was really disappointed not to see a complete overhaul of NPC camps and dungeons on Exiles Land.
Frankly I think that the old players expect more as new content : a new map, new dungeons, new camps, new monsters and also difficulty (we literally roll on the game from level 40…). Anyway, let’s hope Funcom puts the money earned from the bazaar to good use.

5 Likes

A new map would be a dream come true. Age of Discovery. :smile:

5 Likes

This will just divide more players. I would like to see siptah and exiled map could be played in the same server.

2 Likes

I don’t really care about that, honestly. Less players, less lag.

3 Likes

However I do enjoy the sorcery content. The spells are a bit underwhelming, though. But the new benches , especially the transportory stone, are very cool. The human sacrifices are gory, but damn, they give a new dimension to the game. I don’t know how these guys got away with something like this! Very risky move, but kudos for pulling it off.

1 Like

Pretty sure if they did an overhaul of all that stuff more than they already did, the game would be even MORE unplayable. The game was bad enough just with what they did to it already, particularly on consoles. What you’re asking would have likely broken the game, possibly beyond repair. Baby steps I suppose.

I would love to see the EL map expanded… I don’t care if it has anything but plants and animals. Just new places to build and role-play would be awesome.

2 Likes

This new update; chapter 2 of the age of sorcery, adds a house cat. :cat2:

It adds a lot more then that, I think you be surprised. Check some of the videos by content creators; I’d say check it on test but the testlive servers have been borked for days now.

I think Siptah put them off new maps. There are mods but I’ve never checked one.

The exiles map is as big as the game can almost handle.

Fewer players means less income for funcom and we all suffer for that.

1 Like

I hear you. Textures rendering on and off, invisible stuff, invisible enemies… we’re suffering.
The new content is really cool, but the downside is unbearable. I have hopes they fix it. Ignasio explained the problem in a post in June, I believe. I searched the forum to see if the team said something. They are aware of the problem. I hope they can solve it asap.

1 Like

I meant sharing a server, not overall. Better gaming experience, more players.

My opinion is if they are going to run Conan on discount servers, officials need to have max players dropped to 20. Now chapter 2 may have some fixes for that but LifIno.

2 Likes

I agree in that I would love to see new lands and new maps to explore. I recently finally downloaded the savage wilds map mod, and ■■■■■■■■, it totally reinvigorated my interest in C.E. In fact i find myself needing to pace my play on it because I don’t want to burn through it too quickly.

I’m hopeful other teams of modders, if not funcom itself might follow suit on making new maps. Particularly if they can continue to make them more solo-co-op friendly.

1 Like

Console users don’t have mods. :pensive:

1 Like

Yeah, though I was already subjected to a server merger. It sucked. Cutting down on server numbers would require them to reinstate more servers. On my siptah server, it can be more than 20 on any given evening. It’s an eastern server and I live in California. It would pretty much mean I could never get on. That was my experience when siptah first came out. Had to hop a few servers for the first week to find a less populated one.

I don’t think it will ever be possible to play both maps on the same server, however pairing up Exile Lands and Siptah servers so that you could travel freely between them as if they were sort of one would be possible, if they ever get character transfers to work properly… Not sure if there is any other way it could be done :slight_smile:
However while I loved the addition of Siptah map I also felt that it divided players, still I am in the same boat as those that would like a new maps/places to play with, these new ages systems don’t really add much as long I am playing the same old maps constantly, having dungeons, npc camps and other things being the same as it always have been… It just doesn’t keep me enough excited, and I am nearing a point where I feel that the game has become more re-decoration than expanding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well… if adding the encounters doesnt count as adding content or adjusting npc camps or giving a reason to re explore the exiled map to find them because there are no map markers for them… I suppose yeah, they made no changes what-so-ever. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They could do this by allowing you to link your chosen server maybe. From there, pick which character you’d prefer to keep. That being said, if transfers are still unreliable, there’s no telling what could happen.

Definitely disagree. I have played since February of 2017 and I love the update. What keeps me going are transmog, because now I can pick and choose my armor looks without giving up defense. Transport stones, because I can now transport directly to my bases.
The elixir that rerolls thrall perks is huge.
body recall is huge for solo players that get wacked in the tougher dungeons.
These are just some of the new features that have brought me back in.

5 Likes

Hell no, no new map open up the part of EL that is closed off expand the map that’s already there I hate f splitting up being able to play like they did with sipita. They should have added a world map and had Islands we could sail to or travel to. Not have to make a new character and it’s cut off from the rest of my progression…

The game can’t handle it. EL map is as big as possible, @Kalnazzar .