Agent Network Typos/Inconsistencies

I’ve so far noticed a few odd typos and grammatical inconsistencies while using the Agent Network, so I’m posting them here in a single place for consolidation!

• There’s some very weird wording in the Success/Outstanding Results text for :diamonds:️1 Agent Mission Dante's 4th Circle. It says “Success! The thugs have been chased from away from the Haitian market and will not return.” It seems that there is a second ‘from’ in the sentence. The one before the word away seems to be the duplicate.

• The :diamonds:️5 Agent Mission The Raven Mocker does not return the new line that is meant to compose the second paragraph of its mission description.

• There is a typo in the :diamonds:1 Agent Mission Agricultural Interests Complete text. It states “Your agent failed in finding any information about Zagan’s plan to supply local farmers with in the mid-western United States with seed and cattle. What’s their endgame?” The phrase ‘with in’ is awkward and should likely be replaced with ‘within’.

• In the :diamonds:4 Agent Mission The Great Jinn Escape's Success/Outstanding Results text, it says, “Your masqueraded as a customer of the Escape Room Experience. . .” Likely, the ‘Your’ should instead be a ‘You’.

• For the :diamonds:3 Agent Mission I'll Be Taking That description, it claims that “. . .Now that is has been confirmed, the client would like one of your agents. . .” In this sentence, ‘Now that is has been confirmed’ is likely meant to be ‘Now that it has been confirmed’

The following typos and inconsistencies have been fixed in Secret World Legends as of this edit:

• In the Special Mission “Day of the Plants”, it describes plants as having been animated and hungering for flesh, and yet it claims they are ‘murderous fauna’. Fauna describes animals. The correct term should likely be ‘flora’ unless the animals within the garden have also gone insane, or the plants have become actual animals!! Which is always a possibility where magic is involved…

• Wu Liang-Zhi’s profile says she is “An intelligent and patient woman who accelerates in healing both physically and magically. . .” While it’s possible that she truly does accelerate healing in all forms through some magic or is accelerating in her gain of knowledge or skill thereof, it’s a very odd sentence and strikes me as something that was meant to be ‘excels in healing both physically and magically’. If nothing else, it’s very weirdly written.

• In the in-game Agent Network help page describing the basics of the Network and your Agent, it calls Marks of Favour ‘Marks of Favor’ in the Incapacitated explanation, while the rest of the game typically uses the Favour spelling.

• There’s a typo in the :diamonds:️1 Agent Mission Hexed description: it says ‘it’s owner’ instead of ‘its owner’ when describing the owner of the voodoo shop.

I’ll add more if/when I come across any!

8 Likes

I already posted a few of these… somewhere. I can’t find the post, but anyway here’s a couple more.

• The Missing Campers has the following text: the ranger and seeks which makes zero sense. The word and should probably not be there.

• There was another I noticed yesterday, but now I don’t recall which one…

There is also a wildly inconsistent use of commas throughout all of the mission texts. Much of the comma usage is also incorrect and it bothers me to no end.

1 Like

Tier 3 mission I’ll be Taking That:

• Now that is has been confirmed should be it has.
1 Like

Tier 5 mission The Gangs All Here should have an apostrophe. As in, The Gang’s All Here. Assuming we’re talking about “The Gang is All Here” and not that the Gang owns something called “All Here”.

Tier 4 missions The Great Jinn Escape starts its success text as “Your masqueraded as a customer”

You accidentally a word.

The :diamonds:5 Agent Mission The Raven Mocker does not return the new line that is meant to compose the second paragraph of its mission description.

Currently, it displays as:

A Raven Mocker, the most feared of Cherokee witches, reportedly stalks victims in North Carolina. This shapeshifting sorcerer often appears as an old man or woman. It becomes invisible when it feeds, tormenting the victim before cutting out and eating the heart — all without leaving a mark on the victim (even in plain sight of friends or family). Some victims are accidentally discovered by confused pathologists opening an already empty chest during an autopsy.
This is a dangerous being. Send in an agent skilled in the occult, to see through the Raven Mocker’s veil and thwart its curses.

When it should instead be:

A Raven Mocker, the most feared of Cherokee witches, reportedly stalks victims in North Carolina. This shapeshifting sorcerer often appears as an old man or woman. It becomes invisible when it feeds, tormenting the victim before cutting out and eating the heart — all without leaving a mark on the victim (even in plain sight of friends or family). Some victims are accidentally discovered by confused pathologists opening an already empty chest during an autopsy.

This is a dangerous being. Send in an agent skilled in the occult, to see through the Raven Mocker’s veil and thwart its curses.

Tier 1 Agricultural Interests failure message says “with in” when it should clearly be “within”.

I’ve noticed a few more Agent Network typos and inconsistencies:

• The Faction Quartermaster Quartermaster trait reads "As a Quartermaster of your faction the agent has access to vast stores of supplies, reducing the supply cost of missions.” This seems a bit awkward, although it reads better as “As a Quartermaster of your faction, the agent has access to vast stores of supplies, reducing the supply cost of missions.”

• Dae-Su's profile description is missing a space before the sentence “The opportunity to study everything about an enemy is his forte . . .”.

• De La Guardia's fail (complete) text is so long that it doesn’t fit in the section for Agent result dialogue. It simply cuts off so you never see fully what he actually says.

• Laughing Jenny's profile description says “subject possess a locket. . .”. It should be “possesses” a locket.

• Laughing Jenny's Agent Support Ability is misspelled as “Excorcism”. That should be “Exorcism”.

• Brann Mac Diarmada's profile description states “What the subject lacks in subtly, he makes up for with raw power”. Presumably, the intended version is “subtlety”, as it is the noun form, making the adverb ‘subtly’ a typo since it’s not describing anything that he is does subtly.

• Brann Mac Diarmada's trait ‘Weather Magic’ claims that “Brann weilds. . …”. This is a typo, and should say “Brann wields”.

• In the :diamonds:3 Agent Mission The Great Map Burglary Success/Outstanding Results text, it says “Your agent managed to obtain the Jerónimo’s map. . …”. ‘The’ Jerónimo’s map? While he is indeed special and one-of-a-kind, is this the intended wording here?

• The :diamonds:3 Agent Mission Attack of the Conquistador Cadavers Success/Outstanding Results text mentions that “The undead sailors, whats left of them, have been sent to the bottom of the sea.” It should likely be “what’s” for “what is” instead of “whats”. It seems to be missing the apostrophe.

Now for a rather odd inconsistency that became apparent in the Agent Network:

There is a seemingly inconsistent use of the words ‘fey’ and ‘fay’ to refer to fairies, even within the Agent Network itself.

• In a few places in the game outside of the Agent Network, the phrase ‘Fay’ is used, such as ‘fay folk’ and the like. I can find no use of the ‘Fey’ spelling, at least so far. Fay seems to be the spelling used in some older content when not using the term ‘faerie’, like in these lines:

• Anastasia’s dialogue “The fay folk keep to the shadows of the forest,”
    • Anastasia’s comment “It was one of the last refuges of the fay folk.” In the cutscene for Last Dance of the Padurii.
  • In the Agent Network, the earliest references to ‘fay’ are spelled ‘fey’ – that is, any Agent Network content involving them that came out prior to Occult Defence’ release. Instances with the word fey are as follows:

• The :diamonds:5 Agent Mission The Missing Fey distinctly uses fey in its title, mission description, and Complete text.
    • The :diamonds:5 Agent Mission Deep Underground utilizes fey in its mission description and Success/Outstanding Results text.
    • The :diamonds:5 Agent Mission Descent uses fey in its mission description.
    • The Agent Siobhan Gowan’s Species is listed as Fey in her Dossier.
    • The Agent Liam Callahan’s profile description mentions ‘Fey Folk’.
    • The Agent Lynch’s profession is listed as ‘Fey Bogeyman’ but this could be the definition of fey that refers to being fated to die or at the point of death, considering what Lynch is. I am however including it here for the sake of completeness.
  • In some Agent Network content released alongside Occult Defence and the Druids of Avalon, it is spelled ‘fay’:

• The Agent Lady of Mists’ Species is listed as Fay in her Dossier and her profile description also mentions that she is a ‘fay woman’.
    • The Agent Lynch’s profile description calls him ‘fay-touched’.
    • The Agent Finn Mulligan can according to his profile description ‘lace his words with fay enchantments’ in another use of the spelling fay.
    • The Agent Laughing Jenny is said in her profile description to have a locket containing the still beating heart of a former fay lover, using fay once again.
  • While not directly related to the Agent Network, the Fey Ley Line Stone and the Emote: Wave (fey energies) blatantly uses the term fey.

I apologize if I’ve missed any other times these words show up in the Agent Network.

It is unclear whether the intended spelling in various places is fay or fey and whether or not the variation is intended, but if the inconsistency is unintentional, it perhaps bears looking into.

1 Like

Faust Sense of Security

slipped is misspelled as sliped.

Also, while I’m here. There’s some super inconsistency with spelling and capitalization. Artifact and artefact are both used randomly. Artefact looks super wrong (even my spellcheck is freaking out over it), but is apparently a British spelling so should probably be used everywhere since we’re using British spellings elsewhere. Also, in mission names there is super inconsistent capitalization with the word “the” being capitalized in many places, but not others. It shouldn’t be. There’s also Zombie Viscera Clean-Up and Clean-up on the Poop Deck with inconsistent capitalization of up.

These are the things that make my face twitch.

EDIT:
Higher Education uses “too” instead of “to”. Seriously… If I find a their/there/they’re misuse somewhere I’m going to lose it.

And another…

englilish

You don’t often take out your angst out?

Not as often as I take the it.

englilish2

1 Like

Tier 1 mission Greenhouse of Horrors:
Your agent was lucky enough to get out alive, but failed in removing the carnivorous plants. The area has been quarantined by Zagan scientist who are in the process of analyzing the mutated plants.

“Zagan scientist” should be plural, probably.

1 Like

Tier 4 mission Emergency Landing
Your agent slipped into the airport and tampered with two of the Phoenician-owned cargo plans. Yet it seems they did not tamper enough, as the planes made their journey safely and with no trouble.

Things never go according to “cargo plans”.

1 Like