Alternative to slavery

Just because people show support in ‘Suggestions’ for an alternative to slavery, doesn’t mean it’ll slow down development elsewhere. There are definitely more vital things to work on, but it doesn’t de-legitimize peoples viewpoint that there should be an alternative. My personal wish is for the slavery area in Sepermeru to sell you random broken thralls similar to pet merchants. For some reason I thought I had heard that was going to happen in EA when the merchants were first added.

1 Like

There’s a mod that has meat hooks, bindings to tie you to a wall and a cross to hang people on. I’m just waiting for the torture rack to be added to a mod. :rofl:

Obviously you didn’t read it the reply as a whole I’m not saying I hate or dislike it. I’m just saying wait till this suggestion is supported by content without having to make an entire dlc or expansion for it. Otherwise this will end up as an overly bloated topic the developers will spend time, time they can use to actually read bug reports and balancing issues, they need to address issues more concerning than trying to feel good about your character. Breaking the fourth wall is not one I’ve seen yet for character creation.

Read the books and comics the books atleast… The movies just skim over everything, movies because there are two I have watched there may be more, and dramatize it without actually delving into his actual history. The barbarian part comes from his approach and dealings with the societies around him.

Soy overload.

Fair enough. I mean I disagree, because “supported by content” doesn’t happen unless Funcom actively work towards it, and they won’t do that unless they either feel strongly about it, or there’s overwhelming public demand for it.

And again, for the record, I’m not really desperately wanting this feature, I think it’d be neat but it’s no big deal: I don’t have a problem with being a slaver in this game at all.

I’ve read the books several times. The comics - some, but seems a lot of hassle to track them down for something I only have a passing interest in. As for movies… There is indeed a second Conan movie from the Arnold days, but it’s terrible compared to the first one.

Then there’s the Jason Momoa version from 2011, which is okay - no cinematic masterpiece, but 1) Conan and 2) Jason Momoa, so all in all it’s okay.

No-one talks about the Ralph Mueller series, which is just as well. I bought the DVD set, and threw the whole thing in the trashcan halfway through episode 2.

Ah I forgot the 2011 one how is it? As for the whole Ralph mueller most sane people tend to pretend it never existed.

The whole non enslavement route wouldn’t difficult once the settlement portion comes out. It’d be along the lines of fo4 for attracting followers just hopefully not as annoying to get to that point.

How dare you they are prisoners with jobs!

1 Like

I love the idea of different possible scenarios, especially the guy who mentioned the dungeon escape. Here’s why the current system still works for me. I was a non-plussed guy in a desert with nothing but a placard to tell me why I was left to die. I somehow manage my way out of a desert and grow to survive only to find I’m surrounded by cannibals. From there on out, every settlement I walk into I get attacked without reason. My character has decided its time to burn their worlds down. Yes, I wipe out entire villages and I’ll often hunt the ones that killed me. I enslave their best and never let them forget it. I’ll bring their best warriors back to kill them. This world is brutal. The only time I felt bad is when I accidentally knocked out a guy in Sepamaru who I thought was a named artisan and he just gives info instead. Kind of amusing to talk to him after he’s knocked out cold. That is my immersion. Its the world my guy was given and he’s surviving the only way the world will let him. I award my thralls for great service and those who do well in Purges get better spots and gear. I would totally like new avenues to release my thralls like Conan was and to free people captured by the kill happy thralls. This is a great idea, given time to get it in. In the meantime, my guy;s blood rage continues…

Yeah I suggested this a few times as well. options below

1. There could be an honor system, the more honor you have, the easier it is to persuade thralls to join you.

2. Or, you can free them…

3. Dual them into submission

4. Buy them (mercenaries)

1 Like

I will thinking something like you say but alittle different. I will thinking about a tribe honor system. Basically when they start the game, we create our character and race that you are from. The race of your toon has no significant in your gameplay. There is no benefits but what if the race that you choose made a different in the game? You can already choose a certain religion you get awards from the god’s altars. How about a scenario where at level 40ish you can talk to Conan in game and not only get info about Rezma…but there would be another option to get information about your tribe(race.) Conan can explain to you a little about your tribe/race and show you a location on the map where you meet your race chief or queen. Then you can go to that location and gain reputation with the tribe people by doing certain quests / fights / hunts / etc… Then you earn tribal tokens to buy special tribal armor/weapons, potions, decorations, warpaints, or even tribal thralls. These special tribal thralls can be brought or they could just decide that they want to work for you. The special tribal thralls would unlock a special items according to their jobs / professions like named thralls already in the game. Every tribe would have different awards and different thralls with special attributes to unlock. I think this would add alittle favor to the game.

Just for the record: Conan was slaved in both main conan fiction sources: Howard’s books and the Comics. And it was very important for the Conan character because Howard wants to tell a crude, realistic story where a barbarian, slaved, could become a king, obiously with a moral-political intention behind. Cheers mates!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.