AMD Video drivers 18.5.1 texture issue

Dosent that happen to you on desert trees and rocks also, when looked against the sky?
I had posted it as a testlive bug, but maybe it’s the drivers after all. Will try reverting to prior 18.4

1 Like

Role back the driver.

Same happens to me on 18.6.1 - AMD Vega 64

Same here, vega 64…been doing it for the last 3 drivers.

I reported the problem to AMD when it first started to happen, which was in 18.5.1. I have yet to see a fix.

Finally was able to make windows 10 accept old driver, 18.3.2 confirmed has no issues.

Just tested 18.4.1 also works.

1 Like

Adding myself to list of affected. Also fire effect from furnaces bleeds through the sides of them. 18.5.1 current driver

Hey there… was about to post same report, but forums are smart and read my mind :slight_smile:

Here’s how it looks for me:

Started happening since May’s drivers update, and now we’re in June’s release and still happens.

Rollbacking is a work around at most, you can’t postpone updating drivers for ever… besides people might have other games that want to play and that COULD require a new driver version.

Just wanting to know if it’s on Funcom side or Unreal Engine side, or AMD side? And thus we can redirect reports where they’re most useful.

EDIT: BTW, forgot to clarify an important detail: this issue happens to all and every texture that has a glow map (I think.) In my case, I can attest that happens for Braziers, Cauldrons, Campfires, etc… Even the lava from the volcano has this issue… and it makes it visible through other solid surfaces.

1 Like

Also affected, RX480, Radeon Adrenalin 18.6.1

This is on Funcoms side tho, Fractured Space, Ark and other Unreal games do not have this problem with 18.4.x+

Ark and Fractured Space use an older version of UE though and many of us started seeing this bug with the May driver update. Not entirely sure its 100% Funcom. Someone posted on AMD forum yesterday and I added a reply. I will be watching to see what they have to say about it as well.

1 Like

same issue here for myself and user Epi . My AMD drivers are 18.6.1

Hmm I’m using the newest amd driver with vega 64 and game looks better since the last few patches…I am in 4k, that might be the reason.

Hi, I can’t seem to get Windows 10 accepting the old driver keep getting the error 182.

How did you made it work?

Thank you in advance.

Have you tried the AMD uninstall util?

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

1 Like

Ill look into it when i get home. Thanks!

I’m using AMD cpu and Nvidia GPU, and also experiencing weird flickering since spring.

And this issue is even going worse and worser i would say. It’s also well noticiable in some jungle part while foggy. All shiny textures are flickering depening the angle of view, this doesn’t happen in early-acces nor just after launch.

It’s also especially disturbing if you place several furnaces in the northern part while raining outside. All is super shiny, and the furnace are flickering so that i must often quickly turn my cam away.

Like mentioned in previous posts, this is uggly, bad, but can be a realy issue for people suffering from epilepsia, making them just impossible to play the game !

Realy hope there will be a solution soon, because it make slowly the game unplayable at some point.

Now, this is unusual. This is the first time I’ve seen any mention of Nvidia being associated with this issue.
Do you know when it started and if there were any recent updates to your video drivers?

it started as i remember with one of the patch just after release, never had this issue before in early access. But i have seen report from people with nvidia cards telling about similar issues. More often, and i see it mostly associated with AMD card, but i think is in relationship with the AMD catalysator. Realtek seems be also a commun things in most case.

On amd its patch… 18.5.1 that started having the flickering fire visible throught improved furnace and chandeliers.
I thought this fixed with the ghost trees bug, but I was not watching furnaces it seens, just had to roll back to 18.4.1.