An Improved Elevator

An Improved Elevator with faster speed.
And for both the base elevator and the Improved Elevator, we could stop at every floor if we wanted to. I think that’d be a great addition.

8 Likes

Wasn’t this one of the features that officially got the “not gonna happen” stamp recently?

1 Like

Probably.

But even if faster elevators may cause issues with the engine of the game, so we will never see them, and I can deal with it, there’s no sense in being unable to just simply stop the elevator before reaching it’s run end.

I think at least this last feature would be great and easy to implement, in fact being us able to invert the direction of the movement while using the elevator means the elevator has the info of the direction, so just make activation while elevator is moving make it stops instead of inverting its direction:
Activation:
elevator stopped -> start moving in the inverted direction than before
elevator moving -> stop elevator
:wink:

4 Likes

Sounds very Charlie and the chocolate factory to me. Fix the ones we have first would be nice.

1 Like

I’d be in favor of having more than 1 tier of elevator with the higher-tier ones moving faster and also looking nicer.

Additionally, be great if we could set an elevator’s return-home position for after it’s been used/after the server has rebooted.

4 Likes

An elevators “home” position is flexible, but follows a simple rule. It’s simply always “the opposite of where you need it at any given time”.

6 Likes

Hahm true that. If we did have an option to set home positions though, then at least we could put two side-by-side and default them to opposite positions. That would solve this comical truthitude in all but the most high-traffic areas. :wink:

2 Likes

The faster elevator is definitely doable.
It’s in Lexa’s Exiled lands improved mod and it’s fantastic.

The only time I use elevators is on our modded home server as the ones on official…
Well it’s just quicker to climb up or slide down a cliff.

1 Like

I’d be perfectly happy with keeping the current ones as Tier 1 elevators, and adding improved ones as Tier 2 or 3.

1 Like

I think, speed aside, we’d all appreciate some elevators that didn’t clash so much with most T3 building styles. It’s even worse for the drawbridge, which looks okay for T1 buildings, but rather ratty for anything else.

But in all fairness I wouldn’t put any of those at the top of my to-do list either.

Oh man, don’t even get me started on the drawbridge… looks like it was built from used shipping palettes. I still have yet to use one in any of my bases simply because they’re so damned ugly.

1 Like

Would be nice, but I think the game is also trying to make this game feel too modernized.

I like this idea. Being able to stop midway would be very helpful with bases with multiple floors

how about a t2 type elevator, and a taskmaster dictates the speed. Basically hamster whell powered.

Side note to go with thsi, an Iron gate that works the same way to raise/lower it.
T3 version has option to have auto open when you get in aggro distance.

quote=“WhatMightHaveBeen, post:16, topic:71587”]
how about a t2 type elevator, and a taskmaster dictates the speed. Basically hamster whell powered.
[/quote]

I’m sure I read somewhere in early access that this was how they were supposed to operate

1 Like

I confess i had made a thread about faster elevators, only then I see this :slight_smile:
my forum browsing has been lax indeed.

i totally support this idea!! the faster speed and accessibility would be useful to no ends, i spend to much time stood there waiting for elevators, i like to build high! and so do a lot of people :)!!

2 Likes

I would like elevators for the style of building. So each building piece gets an elevator.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.