An update on the next console patch:

If they are using the series S as a benchmark it’s because player who have a series s like me have noticed how stable it is. All that’s wrong is the crashing, if they can fix that then they can venture outwards to the Xbox one, Xbox one X and series X. The series is is now like the console that smoothly runs Conan exiles and they have most likely bought one of them to test it for themselves after I and others have reported it.

I think if we put the crashing to the side for a moment with which we know that needs to be fixed in all consoles. With that aside we can see how smoothly it runs Conan exiles, everything is magnified and looks ace, no lag not matter the big base you build. The problem I see for last gen consoles is that last gens were not ready for Conan and the only way I can think they sort the lag out is to tone down graphics, draw distance and optimise it more for last gen.

Conan is a demanding game made for pc at the time and it’s very noticeable that last gens suffer with running it. So we move onto next gen and people buy the cheapest machine which has upgraded everything and people start finding out that the series S is a real price of hardware that can play those demanding games that last gen couldn’t.

I think MS realised this and though let’s get a machine that can run these pc titles out there and for the cheapest we can do it and here we have the series s.

My advice is bite the bullet and get a series S guys and then they can just deal with a memory leak issue, should you have to buy a series S, no, but hey gaming is moving on up now and we need to get with the times.

I can not afford to upgrade my xbox. Its not ‘‘biting the bullet’’ for some people, its litterally NOT POSSIBLE for me at all.

2 Likes

That was my point.
Someone saying our gameplay causes the game to crash?
That’s just silly. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I repair my armor, game crashes.
I look in a thralls inventory, game crashes.
I run into a random area of the map, game crashes.
I open the inventory of a workbench, game crashes.
I fight 1-10 NPC’s, game crashes.
Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

We play the game, the game crashes.
And this is on an XB Series X.

3 Likes

You keep saying last gen was not ready for Conan, then why did I play it for over 2 years on xbox one x? I would crash every once in a while and had little lag around some bases, usually people who where glitching resources would lag you. Im not saying it was good with no problems, but it was totally able to play. The real problems started after tencent bought funcom and they started on the isle dlc. Since they dropped isle to pc, xbox has been broke. And i will be getting a new series xbox but it will never see CE. Point is game was playable 7 months ago when they broke it, and they have done nothing to fix it, and have done tons of updates for pc, and the ones for xbox were to the core game so they could do a update for pc. Sorry thats what I see.

2 Likes

I can buy one. Where can I buy one? Everyone sold out. Doesnt matter it would never see CE.

Right, been playing for years and now here they come saying its not ready for this game. Problem started with Isle drop to pc. They had to do something to core game that messed things up this bad. New system for a game that has worked for years cause the system wasnt ready for game. Doesnt make sense to me. Them messing with core game for Isle dlc, way more sense. Game worked till then on my not ready xbox one, so take it how you want.

Well Funcom better hurry up as time waits for nobody and you have eleven days left actually ten since you’re in Norway.

1 Like

I still feel like it would have a better course of action to release stability and parity separately. A smaller update would be safer. There would be less to sort through when it goes awry. It would be easier to address fewer new bugs, than the bugs that will surely be added by a combined patch. Would take less time for certification, XB consumers would get the stability patch faster.

We have waited far too long for stability, how can it not be the primary focus of the XB dev team?

4 Likes

Exactly what ive been screaming. In all fairness, yes, i want combat changes and other armor and economy changes… But the stability should be a main focus. The fact that they are doing it like this, just says that its not their main focus. The stability is horrible and yet we are waiting on an update that has multi additions to the game. 100’s of bug fixes along with stuff that will undoubtedly bring new bugs. Its crazy… This update will probably be the breaking point for me, if this 2.3 dont improve the stability, i might have to find a different game. Its 7months now funcom that stability has bn garbage. And im tired of crashing everytime i leave noob river.

5 Likes

Now use your brain and think about the timeline. The issues started when they launched Siptah on Steam so it shouldn’t be too much of a shock to realize one of the issues was running two different versions of the game.

The problems started August 10th when the parity patch 1.8 dropped had nothing to do with Siptah which hadn’t released yet. Plus PC and Xbox have no relation to each other.

Also Im wondering why for any other developers it takes days for full certification and mere hours for hotfix certs, but for Funcom it takes weeks or months?

3 Likes

Your team sucks. We’ve heard that fixes are coming on multiple occasions, you’re only trying to subdue us. Playing this game for days or weeks only to have it crash at the worst of times and losing hours and days worth of progress sometimes makes me want to kill myself. I repeatedly have to quit playing this game so that I don’t. That takes a huge toll on me and I understand most other peyote reading this wrong care, but as the developers you need to do better by your customers. We’re people too and I understand y’all get so much hate for the lies and lack providing what we paid for, but I’m getting tired of being put into a manic state by your company’s neglect. I play games to help ease the stress of life. Stop dragging feet and fix your mess.

3 Likes

@BoomStix

I’m not trying to be mean fellow exile but if a game puts you In that much distress then mayhaps you should move on to a less stressful game?

1 Like

Yeah agreed, This game is not built for everyone. You should probably play something else. And maybe look into some counseling. Just relax

1 Like

Ok so not to beat the proverbial dead horse or anything but by my count there is roughly one week left of the month and havent heard a peep out of you guys. What happened to “We will update console players of the status of the parity patch after 2.3 releases on PC”. Well it released on PC on the 16th, followed by 2.3.1 hotfix. Yet still not a single tweet about console. Which brings me to what happened “Console patch planned for before the end of the month.” I hate to say it but unless you drop the udate on us without warning or any form of notice i dont see you guys making that deadline which will result in a few thousand more irrate players added to the countless you already have.

7 Likes

You are correct next Wednesday is the final day of March and the Xbox & PS communities are still left 100% in the dark with no progress updates but PC got 2.3 on the 16th. Personally every member of the Dev and Commuity teams should go read this entire site https://www.raphkoster.com/ It would give them insight on what they are doing wrong. If you don’t know Raph Koster you shouldn’t be in the game industry. It would be like not knowing who Gary Gygax was. Both are game legends.

5 Likes

Funcom has yet to even take our concerns seriously. I’m so over this game keep your updates and your new map. You don’t ever take console players seriously only pc. Only time console players get attention is when you want our money!

7 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!!!

3 Likes

FC ‘understands our fustrations’, they said so. Finally wrote a patch to fix the dozens of bugs in the game…then topped that patch off with PC parity.

It would appear that FC dosen’t respect XB consumers. We have howled and roared to get stability, waited months and months for stability patch. Now we wait for parity certification. It would have taken less time to certify, if the patch contained less data. XB would get stability sooner. Something FC has been assuring us is their priority, is obviously not.

Stability patch was written before parity patch was released. Parity patch adds new mechanics, crafting benches, etc. All new content will certainly be caulk full of new bugs or old bugs that reappear with updates. This parity patch will nullify the stability patch it is attached to. And X B will be right back to the same state…broken AF.

1 Like

I’m not trying to be mean fellow exile but if a game…which i payed money for, after three years still is full of bugs i have ALL the rights to be pissed off and angry!
Got it!? Great!
And what i play and what not, you leave to me ok? ok.

2 Likes