Animal Pen Babies Don't Eat the Starting Food

Game mode: Online PvE 3890
Problem: Bug
Region: US

I have captured several animals and I am processing them through the second level animal pen. It seems when I take a grown animal out of the pen, I can’t put a baby in right away. I can put the animal in with the specific food I want them to have, but they don’t take it and start growing.

I’ve had to remove the baby and the food from the pen, set them aside in the nursery (Usually a Gazelle), and come back to it in a half hour or so before the process will start.

The pen has two slots permanently occupied by both a silver vein and a gold vein Rocknose, so I don’t know if this is part of the issue.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Capture animals
  2. Feed animals and let them grow
  3. Remove Grown animals
  4. Attempt to start the process again
1 Like

Hey @speedice

Thanks for the heads-up, we will send it to our team and they’ll look into it. :slight_smile:

For the last few days, I’ve had no issues with animals taking the food.

1 Like

You may have already figured this out but I noticed a similar problem lately when loading baby animals into my pen with the high probability ‘greater’ pet foods. Even if I removed all other food & items from the pen except for the best food for that baby it wouldn’t consume. Then I realized that the ‘digestion’ process was still counting down for the previous animal for several minutes. Luckily, you can remove a baby from the pen & reinsert it until it actually consumes the best choice food.
Thus if I’m hoping to create some gold vein rocknoses, but had regular rocknoses pooping out iron & crystal, they would spit out a bit of sandstone even after I’d removed them.
I did not notice this issue prior to the last patch but now it seems we must better manage what foods are still being processed by your removed pets when you insert a new baby.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.