Anniversary Offer Failed Payment

Hello,

I attempted to resubscribe more than one account using the anniversary offer. Unfortunately, the Funcom protection system has kicked in and failed the transaction. I have raised a ticket, however, in the slim hope that someone may read the forums, I would like assistance in unblocking failed payments please as there is certainly no blocker from my side.

Also, the Special Subscription offer now no longer appears as a link for the effected accounts so if I am to get unblocked then that would need to be fixed. I tried changing payment method and completing the pending payment on the old register.funcom site too with no success.

Regards

1 Like

I had the same experience trying to by the one year special offer on my second paid account as well.

Same for meā€¦ reactivated one account just fine, trying the second one gives me ā€œUnable to find selected packageā€ or something like that, and then only presents me with the regular non-bonus reactivation options. Opened ticket #1193436 yesterday about this but no feedback other than the automated reply. Would reall appreciate if someone could look into that and unblock the bonus package for me - or grant me the bonus once I use the normal reactivation, if thatā€™s possible.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.