Any point in staying with conan with broken horses

Stopped playing before horses where added started playing again a week ago only to find PVP dead and replaced with near insta kill horses. Is there a point in staying, are they ever gonna even attempt to balance it.

2 Likes

The PvP community is smaller than the PvE/RP community. They focus more on the larger community.

actually they simply stopped listening to either and are only listening to the very very tiny very vocal fanbois it seems

8 Likes

I would easily trade the horses for one life. You agree to PVP change to one life and Iā€™ll gladly accept your idea of removing horses. Broke? Dying without consequences seems pretty broke, IMHO.

ā€¦ which you will lose very quickly getting stuck somewhere or offline. Careful what you wish for.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know how many threads there need to be about something until it gets changed.

Horses, new surges and their ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  rates, healing system and and andā€¦ all of those topics got a lot of people to write threads and complain about it but nothing changed.

Dynamic dmg and offline raid protection wasnā€™t even out and like 5 people were crying loudly about it so it hasnā€™t even been released for people to test properly. The balance here is just hilarious. Funcom did a lot of good stuff and they try to improve but this point is just horribly handled.

3 Likes

2 Likes

For every comment about horses being OP and 1 hitting there is a rider that gets knocked off his out of stamina horseā€¦ second video the dude was already good as dead, chased by 2 horses and a person with throwing daggers, he still got out aliveā€¦ i imagine its hard to swim with a throwing dagger in your foot. Not sure if hes showing a fight or how easy it is to break the fight

2 Likes

Forget playing this game in pvp mode. It was broken from the beginning but got unplayable after the horse update. Its not just that the horses killed it completly, but the overall decisions Funcom made during the last year. The servers performance is one of the worst I have ever seen in a competitive game, even worse than csgo and that means a lot. Their is no balance whatsoever and every update makes it even worse then before. Every time you think, now I have seen it all and it canĀ“t get worse than that and then bumm ā€¦voilaā€¦

I feel sad that a game with a hugh potential gets such a bad treatment. But I am glad I waited and didnĀ“t bought siptah. If Funcom taught me something, then not to buy a game from this company again ever. At least in that regards they did a great job.

4 Likes

Get your own horse.

1 Like

Oh yes. What if you have one of the new armors that needs 1 hour to craft? Is it fair to lose it like this? Because you get ganged by 3-4 people?

What if you lose it in a big fight? You should automatically be K.Oā€™d because you donā€™t have a frickin horse? Ridiculousā€¦

1 Like

It is the nature of the game

I can agree with mounted pets for movement to reduce travel time, but really mounted combat should not have been a part of that update.

People wanted mounts to get around faster. It had nothing to do with jousting people down.

Jousting should not be in a Conan game. Thatā€™s a Renaissance faire sport.

3 Likes

If you got dehorsed in a big fight, it makes perfect sense the opponent would run you under. Thats not one hit death anymore.

Anything they can do, you can do and vice versa. Mounted horseback would be superior by its very nature which is why mounted cavalry were a thing. People who dont like it probably should just play PVE (not that thereā€™s anything wrong with that). One shot magical swords are one thing, but being killed on foot by cavalry should be expected.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s PvP. Thatā€™s always been PvP and itā€™s what PvP is everywhere outside of CE as well.

1 Like

Itā€™s just funny. People complained about pokeā€™n roll spear META, now itā€™s pokeā€™n ride meat shield horse META. Add sabre tooths for the extra knockdown in case you fail to trample someone.

Iā€™ve already seen so many players running on foot, even when they have more numbers but when they have horses they feel brave enough to fight (and still lose, or run away, with their horse).

2 Likes

As many has stated, foot soldier are at a severe disadvantage, against a mounted soldierā€¦ this is how it is and quite frankly the game does a good job portraying this little fact.
The second video for me was a prime example on ā€˜what not to doā€™; not a failure of the game. The player was silly enough to be in the open when he knew there was a possibility of mounted units. No exit plan or cover, and runs ā€¦ down the same path of the mounted units that are faster than him??.. ya, not smartā€¦ He did have a 2 handed spear, which in reality would be great defense against one horse, not 2ā€¦ but, oh waitā€¦ pvpā€™ers had 2 handed spear nerfed, the irony. The other ( I am not sure if it works in game) would be a shield, though normally it would be used with a spear. In any case he was incredibly lucky (as none of the enemy had a bow) and swam away.
This is a Survival game, NOT an mmo, balance should not be a thing, certain weapons and situations were invented to be better than others. It should be up to the player to achieve victory with the tools provided, not to seek dumbing down effective weapons/situations to there lesser.

2 Likes

Well this argument is poop imo, Iā€™m sorry. You can also say: this is a survival game. There shouldnā€™t be any weapons/tools which define a ā€œmetaā€. Everything should be viable in the endgame region. But itā€™s not the case. There is one meta atm and if you do not follow, your chances of winning any pvp fight are significantly lower. Doesnā€™t sound like a survival game to me. More like a horse riding simulation.

2 Likes

With all due respect; you can say it, sure, but you would be wrong. Good pvp players have posted sound strategies against the mounted unit, but ignore them I guess.
Now that being said, a suggestion that may increase the foot soldiers chances: the 2 handed spear needs to be adjusted, damage increased to say that of a 2 handed sword, and auto dismount when used vs mounted unit, when aimed at the rider.

2 Likes

Would you survive being hit by a horse at full speed, while the rider aimed a lance at ur head?

1 Like