Horses broke PvP

No way to count an horse without using horses. Why you don’t nerf this ? It’s ridicolous . It’s a PvP , skills need to be showed with weapons not on stupid horse that almost oneshot you.
You ruined the PvP completely. How is possibile every new update ruin pvp?
Please , ffs , nerf this useless thing because it’s so annoying and horse+thrall it’s embarrassing .
You just have to see, every private server are forbidding the horses, why in your opinion?
My feedback about ? Totally bad .
Nerf these horses before all pvpers will leave completely the game .

10 Likes

Will horses be nerfed at the next patch? PvP is now a total disaster. You can go unnamed city without a horse or you are dead.

4 Likes

Tendi obrigado

Please, guys…

In open field an infantry without pikes or pallissades is lost against cavalry.
Such was war before having serious muskets.

3 Likes

No way to count an weapon without using weapons. Why you don’t nerf this ? It’s ridicolous . It’s a PvP , skills need to be showed with armor not on stupid weapon that almost oneshot you.
You ruined the PvP completely. How is possibile every new update ruin pvp?
Please , ffs , nerf this useless thing because it’s so annoying and weapon+thrall it’s embarrassing .
You just have to see, every private server are forbidding the weapons, why in your opinion?
My feedback about ? Totally bad .
Nerf these weapons before all pvpers will leave completely the game .

Now doesn’t that sound absurd?

3 Likes

Actually the mounted combat greatly enhances the PvP game. Also your post implies that mounted combat does not require skill. Indeed the opposite is true. It takes quite a bit of skill to effectively PvP with a mount. It is much easier to get pinned on a mount and if you are dismounted, you are toast due to the stamina drain.

The mount update is one of the best updates and also one of the most balanced of any update.

I honestly dont get some of the crazy rants like yours that plague these forums.

10 Likes

I’m not exactly certain what you mean by 100%. It is also fairly obvious you have spent little time playing any PvE servers. As has become evident, PvP players and PvE players enjoy entirely different games. This does not in any fashion imply that one is better or only playing ‘a bit’. I can testify that on PvE servers you will find plenty of playing, it is simply a different style and pace.

This is what I’ve been wondering, too. For the past two years, just about every update has “ruined PvP” (or the game as a whole) according to the forums.

4 Likes

Horses are fine the way they are.
They have advantages and disadvantages but they are nowhere near OP or something.

A big issue in Conan PvP is that it is to easy to run away. In most scenarios in pvp it is possible to run away from your aggressor. Horses is one of the only good counters to this „run away“ behavior.

And even with a Horse it isn‘t easy to catch someone in a 1vs1 situation if the „runner“ is aware of the horse and knows how to dodge it properly, especially after the patch since you can‘t simply jump from high cliffs with the horse anymore. So whenever u jump from a cliff or have the highground u are practically safe from the horse.

Horses are also almost useless in raid situations, so the only good use of horses is to catch someone in the open fields, patroling an area or in a massive ground battle. In a small Area you can easily pressure it with spears and bows until the rider dismounts. Also Thralls are a pretty big threat to Horses and Rider and both are almost a guaranteed death when they get stuck.

The Problem is, most people refuse to play the horse because they don‘t like to play it. But if they would actually play the horse they would know its weaknesses. The truth is, you actually need a lot of practice and skill for horse riding. it is not just sitting on it and winning everything. Most of the Horse Riders i met so far are actually pretty trash. They don‘t have the right gear, they don‘t have the right build and they mostly don‘t know how to handle the horse.

Horses gave Conan PvP a nice new layer. They are an excellent addition to the sometimes boring ground pvp and they also made some of the unavoidable pve content a little less tedious. Thx for funcom, adding them. cheers

9 Likes

Yes indeed. Havent spent a single hour on a PVE server why should I? It removes the part of the game I like the most.

And u dont understand the 100% part? With that I mean I do PVP and PVE stuff while a PVE player only do PVE, cuz u cant actually PVP.

When it comes 1 update that for one time benefits the PVP the update is so bad, cuz thrall nerf force PVE plsyers to actually play the game. And I find that so hilarious.

2 Likes

Horses are definitly not ok. They would be ok, if your stats would stay the same on a horse and you would have a proper defense chance on foot. But right now, as it is, every little idi… is riding a horse and thinks he is top notch. Me and my boyfriend stopped playing because you can´t defend yourself against this 5 man clans, camping the entraces of dungeons and the named city 24/7. They don´t even get down their horses while they raid others. This is absolutly nonsense. We where always fine on servers, had no problems fighting 2 against 4 or 5 people. But this is over now. The only ones that think the horses are ok, are the one that uses them to do exactly that, destroying other peoples playtime by abusing a totaly overpowered mechanic. Its like every time Funcom is changing or introducing stuff in Conan without proper testing, everyone is using and abusing it without any mercy. Infinite thrall inventory, mitra spear, overpowered hammers … I can´t count it anymore. And every time Funcom needs ages to fix this stuff and balance it right. I am seriously tired of this s…

1 Like

Kind of funny but when horses came out and people were trying them most PvP & PvE would simply say they are not worth it…inventory space…PvP…etc. Then someone Spends Time Learning Horse Tactics is racing around using bow and slicing and cracking skulls with 1 handed weapons…NOW the PvP crowd looks and says…WOW this person is Sooooooo OP none of us can touch her/him.

NEW META! Learn to Ride and Combat!

Now the peeps who are complaining are the ones refusing to use landscape to gain tactical advantage and continue trying to Melee with the Calvary and saying things like…HEY! Get Off That Horse and Fight Like ME and I Will Show You What REAL PvP is Like!

Meanwhile…I am either defending with palisades and shooting arrows in your eye and using landscape as tactical advantage…or…leading players into choke points which are death traps. I am FORCING other players to change THEIR style because I KNOW their weakness! That is PvP and War boys.Get on with it! Calvary is REALLY easy to counter in this game!

I don’t PvP that much anymore because of the whiners. But…I do have fun frustrating peeps! :laughing: :laughing: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Horses get hung up on rocks and trees to the point they are sitting ducks, fight them there using a pole arm or gas orbs/arrows.

2 Likes

Horses are utter shyte to control, get stuck on everything and if you can’t fight against that then perhaps you need to look in the mirror before crying that they need to be nerfed. As for your claims that you play “MORE OF THE GAME” than someone who chooses not to play pvp then you are part of the toxic ignorant crowd that ruins that pvp community and causes such animosity towards it. The only 100% of the game is the amount of the game YOU chose to play. If YOU chose to play pvp that that is your choice. If someone else chooses to play PvE that is THEIR 100%. If a 3rd person chooses PvE-C guess what their 100% is? You do not get to determine if someone else’s view point is valid or not because they play on a different server type than you. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but deal with it, because I have not been half as harsh as you have been towards others simply because they do not agree with your opinion.

2 Likes

On a strict PvE server, no, we would not engage in PvP…but then there are the PvE-C servers, which allow people to do pretty much everything. All a matter of who runs it, unless you’re referring to just official servers. However, it could be argued that if all you play on is official servers and only PvP, then you aren’t, in fact, playing 100% as there exists a tremendous amount of material to play, both official and none.

I dont even bother reading ur wall of text.

But I was reading the bit that u said I cant fight horses. Never said I cant. I know exactly what to do against 1 horse. But a group of 3-10 even stones wont let u survive.
They turn way to scarp, make huge damage and bleed with spear, why should the spear be such a good weapon on horse when it’s one of the lowest damage weapons on foot?

And the stuff about PVP community, I guess u werent here a year ago when PVP actually was a thing. Now it’s thralls and horses. That’s why all good PVPers either stopped playing or choosing to play on private servers.
But I will let u live in your bubble it’s okey!

4 Likes

I agree with you Rohi

I didn’t type very much, and certainly not a wall of text. Which clearly shows one of two things. You either cannot read or are just unwilling to read. Obviously it is the latter of the two which shows everyone exactly everything they need to know about you. You have interest in hearing anything that isn’t praise of your opinion. Well get over it because reality isn’t like that. Oh and I’ve been playing since early access so well before a year ago. :wink:

1 Like

Come in my coop server against 2 horse and let me see how you will counter this .
ONLY BIG WORDS. The problem is not the horse, it’s the stupid Crazy big damage with bleeding that you can literally do with the spear . Are everyones blind or?
Cmon don’t tell me bull$hits, atm horses are op and broken the game !

2 Likes

Another satisfied customer! :joy: :rofl:

Look…without being/sounding hostile…If I am Behind Palisades and Rock Formations You…YOU and FELLOWS…cannot get your Spear on me. Horses are EASY to counter. I will not stay out in the open with horses…Ummm…watch the movie Braveheart (and many others) when the Archers and Infantry…In the Open…are trampled. Greeks had to be Flanked by Calvary because of the shield line with spears…and they were on a number of occasions. Happens in history…happens in game.

Anyone who tries to stand toe to toe with a Heavily Armored Calvary is a…get this…Moron. Why does everyone want to Joust and Spear on a horse? No Idea!

Enough said and Proved the Point.
*I do have a server and PvP is enabled. :wink:

3 Likes