Anyone aware of a fix for this?

We are playing on a private server hosted through the game client.

Thralls are always on guard me or on attack all hostiles when this bug occurs. Sometimes while in combat, other times while out of it, thralls will stop accepting attack commands and will not fight at all. Thralls cease to attack hostiles and will pull out their weapon if attacked only rarely and will immediately put it back away. Sometimes they manage to get a hit off before going back to a docile state. If engagement is switched to attack none, they behave as expected and will accept attack commands and fight as expected. No weapon swaps have taken place. This occurs with any weapon on any thrall. It can occur mid combat or between logins.

I am aware of the weapon swap bug. This isn’t that. I am not swapping weapons. I am not even touching the thrall’s inventory. It just randomly quits. Only fix I have found is restarting the server, which I do not have the authority to do. I have tried different weapons, taking armor off, changing engagement states, punching them, letting things attack them. I even tried putting them into attack nothing, telling them to attack something, then when the fight starts switch them back to attack all and it immediately goes back to being dumb. Any ideas?

1 Like

I play on PS4 console, same issue. If am fighting a boss and my follower does not participate, I have found that if I position myself in front of follower and dodge when the Boss attacks, the follower will take the damage, and engage the enemy. You may have to it a couple of times to get your follower to engage.

I think they are hoping you will die so that they can return to thier previous life. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interesting, havent tried it with a boss, but I have tried it with 3 wolves that were attacking him among other things, and it never fixed it. Almost let Lian die over it too, but still nothing.

1 Like

NP that’s what we are here for. :slight_smile:

Oddly, I tried it with a different thrall that is also bugged, and it doesnt work. Best he gets to is about half a swing before putting his weapon away.

1 Like

First, make sure their attack and chase distance is set to maximum.
Second, make sure you assign them either melee or range priority accordingly.
Third, if they are archers and all you want them to do is fire arrows, remove any melee weapons they have on them.
Let us know what happen after you try this.

For ps4, slam on square till is says “attack” instead of “move” and it usually fixes it.

I will try these things and get back to you next time it happens. Thank you!!

It is a problem that they should solve, the slaves when they are attacking a boss takes out and stores the weapon and does not hit.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.