Anyone not experience majority of lost item, and bug complaints, or low severity and frequency?

On PS4 online rented PvE server. We got bugs, sure, but not the game breaking kind.

The bugs I have encountered are the disappearing corpse bug or the map marker for death being nowhere near where I last died if it even shows up on the map at all.

And the 20 seconds or so lag issue where if you’re caught near enemies, on a ledge, at the volcano, you can count on being dead.

2 Likes

It’s to be expected that in parts of the forum dedicated to bugs and such you’ll see mostly people posting who have problems. That’s what led me to these forums- help with my bug/problem…

I think the fact that the majority of posters are looking for help with their problems makes it seem like the game is barely working, if at all, for all players. But most of the people I’ve met in game and spoken to have not mentioned much about problems at all.

I, myself, am (thankfully) not experiencing some of the “game-breaking” bugs others are. I’ve been playing since EA began on Xbox One and just upgraded to Xbox One X with external drive. I still crash from time to time, but, for the most part, I can play for hours without crashing. I play on an official PVE server.

The worst bugs I experience are rubber banding, particularly during combat; disappearing NPC corpses; the map marker for death location being in the center of the map regardless of where you died; logging in to half health that is restored immediately upon consuming something that regenerates; and texture load lag, but far less on Xbox One X.

Thanks to OP for trying to shine a little light on the “playable-ness” of this game for what I imagine is a large portion of the CE audience. However, I do hope Funcom is paying attention to those on these forums who have paid for the game and can’t play at all or are experiencing “game-breaking” bugs. Funcom has made a robust, engaging, beautiful game and I really want to see it be exactly what it is supposed to be.

3 Likes

Thanks, but I’m just your average Joe, no badass here.

FYI I also own a gaming PC… no console peasant here :wink:. I refuse to be bound by one gaming system. Remember variety is the spice of life. I was thinking of buying CE for my PC, but they had a free trial on the xbox… but if they fix this game up right, who knows.

3 Likes

Well damn. If your just an average Joe, what does that make the other noobs that could learn a thing or two from you?

Food for thought xP Naw but I get you. Humility is the pride of a wise man.

2 Likes

I play PC single player and never had game breaking bugs. Some minor annoyance yes, but it got fixed within a week. The only time I had my thralls and half a base disappearing it was for a mod after a patch.

But if in sigle player with a lot of mods you don’t make a backup of your save before a patch it’s your fault, it’s always been like this for every game ever released, use mods at your risk.

So reverting to backup save without mod completly solved the problem.

The issue is nowaday insane attachment to virtual assets: people made their base, a patch make a curtain drop from the wall and they rage and run screaming on the forum.

Conan would have damned Crom and moved on.

6 Likes

I play on PC PvE
I see neighbours come and go
Many of them will not make it past lvl 45, because they are P00SIES.

How can you call people that when you play on PvE?

2 Likes

Good point.

I rephrase: Many of them will not make it past lvl 45.

Better?

Im on server #1964 ( PC) and im not having any gamebreaking bugs at all sorry.

The purge is about the only thing that is unstable for me right now. All other mechanics are working fine and im enjoying myself

1 Like

Nice joke, PvE being challenging best one ive heard.

I’ve not experienced the issue. The only time I’ve lost stuff is when another player breaks something and it appears in the Event Log.

Depends on your clan.

I’ve been in clans where one of our members gets jumped, the leader of the clan brings back the stuff his ignorant newbie members stole, and a little extra while begging us not to retaliate.

So while yeah you can be jumped, in my experience, it may only ever happen once, and on accident.

1 Like

That could be fun.:smiley:

I’m on PC, single player. The only non-graphical issue I’ve had is bodies (NPCs, not mine) disappearing. Like, get bum-rushed by 3 guys, kill them all, and when I start looting there are only 2 bodies on the ground. I did have a World Boss not aggro on me yesterday—which was nice actually, because I literally stumbled onto him. (All praise to Derketo!)

Graphically, there was an issue with transparent/translucent rocks, tree canopy, and banners a week or so ago, but that got hotfixed. I’m still seeing the sky flashing if I explore while it’s raining; it looks like lightning, but on closer inspection, tree canopies & such are just loading in & momentarily conflicting with the rain overlay.

1 Like

I too have not experienced many bugs. Had the thralls falling through floor, but that has been resolved for me. All AI have been going agro on me just like before and I have not lost any items at any time (save for one offline purge).

I also have this issue, but a driver rollback fixes so I believe this is an AMD issue and not Funcom. I have reported this to them and have heard nothing more than “we’re looking into it”. I am not familiar enough with game engines to know if there is some kind of setting or update that Fucom does need to do though so I could be wrong.

PS4 player from launch and having an awesome time, so much so I went out and bought The Complete Chronicles of Conan by R E Howard (excellent read by the way).
I have had some weird stuff happen though.
A missing corpse, it was up in a tree near where I died so I chopped the tree down, built a foundation, pickaxed the corpse and grabbed my stuff from the bag that fell.
My corpse not being where the marker is, fortunately I paid attention to where I died and went there instead and found my body.
All my archer thralls in my main base near New Asagarth face north when equipped with a bow, so there’s some weird Blair Witch areas in my base (personally I blame Derketo)
I moved 80 bricks from my inventory to a chest and they transmuted into rotten meat. Returned to normal when I next logged in.
And finally, I bluescreened mid teleport from the jungle to the Black Keep with four named thralls on me. I restarted in my base, teleported to the keep and there was my corpse…win!
Other than that it’s been a wild ride, which is surprising because I run on craptastic Australian country internet, I see people talking about 15mbps speeds and think, wow you guys must be from the future or something :joy:

2 Likes

Occasional corpse issue and weird thrall placement issues. But otherwise has been working fine. Having a great time after a couple month break. I have NEVER experienced anything even close to “game breaking”.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.